Let me ask you this then: the job is at best paid above the minimum wage you have other much more important things to focus on...studying, spending time with your girlfriend and hobbies.

Based on current market share you know that your company knowledge is good enough for over 97 % of the market ... So would you rather spend 2 hours for the important stuff or in searching for online only phones and read the spec sheets ? Keep in mind no extra pay for your leisure effort.

If a company isn't able to get their message to the customer don't expect others to do it.

I like BlackBerry and i will always buy the Bold (should have just improved this phone in a yearly basis ) long as it's available but BB10 was and is a complete 9 billion disaster.
    The thing is there is extra pay..its when you get the chance to sell something that is rarely sold. Might only sell one a month, but if it would be a bump in my paycheck I would take it! Money is money! I would pick up a 1 dollar bill the same as I would pick up a 20 or a 100!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    10-28-15 04:35 PM
    The thing is there is extra pay..its when you get the chance to sell something that is rarely sold. Might only sell one a month, but if it would be a bump in my paycheck I would take it! Money is money! I would pick up a 1 dollar bill the same as I would pick up a 20 or a 100!

I'm pretty sure most places don't offer such a bonus. Something like this would have to come from BlackBerry itself.
    10-28-15 04:55 PM
    I'm pretty sure most places don't offer such a bonus. Something like this would have to come from BlackBerry itself.
    I didn't mean a "bonus", I meant if the employee was working on commission.. then every sale would count towards the pay check!

10-28-15 04:58 PM
    I didn't mean a "bonus", I meant if the employee was working on commission

I'm not 100% sure how commission works but I feel like it has to do with the markup a retailer does on a product vs its cost to the retailer. I see BlackBerry's devices costing about the same as Apple's when a retailer gets it. Besides that, then you'd have a bunch of people selling something that may not fit well with their customers just to make an extra few dollars. That's not right either.
    10-28-15 05:01 PM
    I'm not 100% sure how commission works but I feel like it has to do with the markup a retailer does on a product vs its cost to the retailer. I see BlackBerry's devices costing about the same as Apple's when a retailer gets it. Besides that, then you'd have a bunch of people selling something that may not fit well with their customers just to make an extra few dollars. That's not right either.
    Look up "SPIF".
    10-28-15 05:15 PM
    It blows my mind how people get a job in a cellular store and know nothing. If I worked at a Ford dealership an knew nothing about cars I would be fired. This person you talked to needs to be fired or asked why they are so stupid. I am assuming that this employee was a kid who probably has no idea about anything. This shows T-Mobile's lack in management and training.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:19 PM
    Look up "SPIF".
    Spiff. Which is not the same thing as splif/spliff, but can be used to obtain one.

And they definitely exist at TMO. Spiffs, that is.
    10-28-15 05:25 PM
    It blows my mind how people get a job in a cellular store and know nothing. If I worked at a Ford dealership an knew nothing about cars I would be fired. This person you talked to needs to be fired or asked why they are so stupid. I am assuming that this employee was a kid who probably has no idea about anything. This shows T-Mobile's lack in management and training.

Posted via CB10
    👏 👏

10-28-15 05:27 PM
    I guess where I'm confused is that Blackberry, a multi-billion dollar company doesn't care enough about selling their products to help sales people learn about them but a minimum wage sales person is supposed to dedicate themselves to learn everything they can about a product they rarely sell?
    10-28-15 05:36 PM
    Look up "SPIF".
    SPIF (according to the definition I found) is an incentive levied by a vendor. In this case it would be BlackBerry. The carriers have no reason to push one device over the other. Their primary business is the sale of service. It's becoming increasingly the case where carriers don't even care where you get your device; they just want you on their network. It's BlackBerry, the company that makes the device, that needs to give the carriers (and by extension, salespeople) the incentive to sell its devices.

Posted via CB10
    Oh please. For starters; the Priv has barely been announced. Secondly, there's no firm release date. Thirdly, no US carrier has been named a partner designated to carry the Priv. Fourthly, only the most ardent fanboys and some tech enthusiasts knew about the Priv until just Friday when pre-orders were announced. T-Mobile may not even have the device until sometime next year. The blame is squarely on BlackBerry for being so awkward with its handling of the Priv's release.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    10-28-15 05:42 PM
    SPIF (according to the definition I found) is an incentive levied by a vendor. In this case it would be BlackBerry. The carriers have no reason to push one device over the other. Their primary business is the sale of service. It's becoming increasingly the case where carriers don't even care where you get your device; they just want you on their network. It's BlackBerry, the company that makes the device, that needs to give the carriers (and by extension, salespeople) the incentive to sell its devices.

Oh please. For starters; the Priv has barely been announced. Secondly, there's no firm release date. Thirdly, no US carrier has been named a partner designated to carry the Priv. Fourthly, only the most ardent fanboys and some tech enthusiasts knew about the Priv until just Friday when pre-orders were announced. T-Mobile may not even have the device until sometime next year. The blame is squarely on BlackBerry for being so awkward with its handling of the Priv's release.
    As far as the employees, we're not just talking about being ignorant about the Priv, that is expected. We're talking about their ignorance toward BB devices for the past 5 yrs or so. But the original poster mentioned "The Classic" and the employee said, "we haven't had those in a couple years", which shows lack of knowledge since the Classic isn't even a year old yet and TMobile does in fact carry the Classic! Had this employee simply looked on his/her company's website, he/she would have known that.

10-28-15 05:51 PM
    As far as the employees, we're not just talking about being ignorant about the Priv, that is expected. We're talking about their ignorance toward BB devices for the past 5 yrs or so. But the original poster mentioned "The Classic" and the employee said, "we haven't had those in a couple years", which shows lack of knowledge since the Classic isn't even a year old yet and TMobile does in fact carry the Classic! Had this employee simply looked on his/her company's website, he/she would have known that.

I agree about the handling of the Classic. That's ignorance on the rep's part and probably an issue with T-Mobile's training.

I can't speak about the attitude towards BlackBerry over the last 5 years. I've seen good and bad, but I've seen that towards all platforms.
    10-28-15 05:55 PM
    Should a salesperson have a minimum knowledge about the products for sale (I'm not even looking at the lone BlackBerry in a corner) or not?

Should they be able to do a demo of the device, be it iOS or Android?

Simple yes or no will do... :-D

 Ahoy, Privateers, ... get ready for some data piracy, ... or was that privacy!?! ;-) 
    10-28-15 05:59 PM
    Come on guys, this is like complaining about sales of newer menu items having low sales at McDonald's or Burger King and then blaming the cashier.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-28-15 06:09 PM
    Should a salesperson have a minimum knowledge about the products for sale (I'm not even looking at the lone BlackBerry in a corner) or not?

Should they be able to do a demo of the device, be it iOS or Android?

Simple yes or no will do... :-D

 Ahoy, Privateers, ... get ready for some data piracy, ... or was that privacy!?! ;-) 
    Yes. Considering there is only 10-15 phones in the store..Yes, learn your products. As far as a demo, that would be nice in a perfect world.

10-28-15 06:15 PM
    Ar my local store, none of the sales known about priv, and as per I know, each manufacture has different comission for each phone sales. Some manufacture (like LG) even have 1 or 2 trained sales from LG directly as sidekick for the store's sales. And all these brand has big ads on the stores. I don't see blackberry's anyway

So money money and money is the main point here

I'm kind of wondering, if some unknown and new brand announced "quietly" that they have deal with some mobile ops, and some crackberrian go there and asked for the phone, but the sales reps don't know anything about it, will he/she be judged as ignorance as well, hmm ... maybe yes, but not this intense i suppose

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-28-15 10:00 PM
116 ... 345