I know it can't be done remotely.... and I did say some one has access. The information is still being accessed via the messenger and PIN as well as SMS.
    08-10-10 02:47 PM
    Why doesn't the spouse trust him IS an important question. Perhaps it's time to take a good hard look at his marriage! And vice versa if he IS cheating!
    08-10-10 02:49 PM
    Is this Dr. Phil or CrackBerry?!

Good suggestions with the anti spyware apps. Sounds interesting. i also agree to set a device password for your, and everyone in your phone, protection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 02:59 PM
    Hey guys?
    Marriage counselling not withstanding, it is very distressing to have your information accessed in this manner........ it is bad and not so bad when it is of a cheating nature, but she also has access to other conversations that MAY not be of the cheating kind.........
    Understand how to block future incursions of this nature, but the problem at hand????
    08-10-10 03:13 PM
    Like I said wipe the phone, reinstall the OS, then password protect the phone! That is the solution. (taking off the Dr Phil hat)
    08-10-10 03:17 PM
    Hey guys?
    Marriage counselling not withstanding, it is very distressing to have your information accessed in this manner........ it is bad and not so bad when it is of a cheating nature, but she also has access to other conversations that MAY not be of the cheating kind.........
    Understand how to block future incursions of this nature, but the problem at hand????
    08-10-10 03:23 PM
    I don't really have any knowledge about this stuff, but I'm wondering how she's getting the printouts. Does she plug the device into a computer? Or is it transmitting the info via email or Bluetooth? If it's Bluetooth, maybe your friend can shut that off until he gets the problem sorted. Also, if someone ever had passwords for his various email accounts, that person could easily (and probably without his even noticing) forward his emails to her own email account for regular checking, lol. He should change all his email passwords and make sure his messages aren't being forwarded anywhere.
    08-10-10 03:40 PM
    A much more interesting way to detect if the phone has spyware...

1. Plan something, a clandestine meeting, appointment, or whatever, and make sure to send plenty of SMS messages detailing the time and location. The recipient needs to know you're planning this as a 'trap'.
    2. Note your S.O.'s activities when this date arrives.
    3. At date/location, see if you S.O. shows up.
    4. Videotape event.
    5. Profit.
    08-10-10 03:51 PM
    Very carefully ends all the conversations after replying so that by the time she may have access to the phone, nothing is there, Bluetooth off..... not saving the conversation history.
    How do you check if the messages from the phone are being forwarded?
    There was an instance where she could tell him about a PIN message content 3 hours after the message was sent, and she did not have access to the unit in between then.........
    08-10-10 03:53 PM
    A much more interesting way to detect if the phone has spyware...

1. Plan something, a clandestine meeting, appointment, or whatever, and make sure to send plenty of SMS messages detailing the time and location. The recipient needs to know you're planning this as a 'trap'.
    2. Note your S.O.'s activities when this date arrives.
    3. At date/location, see if you S.O. shows up.
    4. Videotape event.
    5. Profit.

Hilarious........
    08-10-10 03:55 PM
    How do you check if the messages from the phone are being forwarded?
    We'll, this would only apply to emails. He would need to sign in from a computer, then go to account settings. Accounts like yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc. usually have a link or a tab where forwarding can be set up. He just has to make sure the box for addresses to which emails may be forwarded to is blank (or only contains addresses to which he wants the emails forwarded). His problem sounds like something different, because messenger conversations and PIN messages wouldn't have anything to do with this. I just added it in here as an extra precaution that can be taken with little effort.

There was an instance where she could tell him about a PIN message content 3 hours after the message was sent, and she did not have access to the unit in between then........
    Hmmm. Could it be an inside job? I mean, might he be being "punk'd"?
    08-10-10 04:47 PM
    that is a very extreme way to punk some one...... and no. I do not think so. that last PIN message thing was actually a "set up" in that the information was not true, but she cud still tell him of it's contents.......
    08-10-10 05:02 PM
    Also note that if you back up your BlackBerry to a PC, the backup can be read.

There's a program called ABC Amber Blackberry Converter that allows you to view and export just about anything from an ipd backup file.

EDIT: Also note I'm not condoning either behavior - the "spying" nor the "having something to hide." If they really have these issues and marriage counseling isn't something they're interested in pursuing, just get a divorce already. No sense being miserable!
    Last edited by VeryBold; 08-10-10 at 05:09 PM.
    08-10-10 05:04 PM
    No back ups being done...... or none in recent history.
    mostly I am interested in how the 'spying' is being done as it could be something that can happen to other BB users. Regardless of the why or who, it is the how that is of interest....
    Thanks for all the input.......
    08-10-10 05:35 PM
    Also note that if you back up your BlackBerry to a PC, the backup can be read.

There's a program called ABC Amber Blackberry Converter that allows you to view and export just about anything from an ipd backup file.
    Excellent point! Encryption's a must. It also makes me glad my ThinkPad has a seperate password for the hard drive.
    08-10-10 11:43 PM
    For the final time... Backup data, Wipe, Reinstall OS, Password. Then install only trusted apps from a known commercial source.

Problem solved, spyware gone and can't get back.
    08-11-10 03:09 AM
    one last question..... where do i find the OS to be reloaded using a Mac? everything I see on the BB website indicates the use of the windows OS....
    thanks a lot for all the help.
    08-11-10 01:41 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD