It's just advertising. Don't take it personally.
    hahaha, maybe i do sound a little pissed now i've read it over again. But no, i didn't really take it personally. To me, this is just the bad apple in the basket full of great Nokia Lumia advertisement. The "smoked by a windows phone" was nice, because it showcased what the windows phone could do better, not just diss other phone. Their print ad and outdoor advertising is great too. but this advertising is kinda disturbing. haha.
    04-08-12 03:21 PM
    I've never used a Windows Phone but this one looks great. I assume it would sync with my Windows PC nicely?
    Unless it's been changed, (I was a member of the WP7 forum prior to release) there isn't a connection to the computor, yes there is a micro usb but thets only for chargeing. It was very important to me as I have to have records of texts etc on my computor only. So if 7.5 is the same you can only sync with the cloud.
    Having said that that is when I changed to BlackBerry, I will never go back
    04-08-12 03:30 PM
    Unless it's been changed, (I was a member of the WP7 forum prior to release) there isn't a connection to the computor, yes there is a micro usb but thets only for chargeing. It was very important to me as I have to have records of texts etc on my computor only. So if 7.5 is the same you can only sync with the cloud.
    I never save SMS and do not even use SMS that much. I have 2 more days in my billing cycle, and I've only sent/received 184 SMS. Most of those are alerts from ESPN of the final score of teams I follow or alerts from CNN about breaking news.

I will use SkyDrive to sync Office files. It will be nice to be able to edit Office files on my device without needing any cables.
    04-08-12 03:55 PM
    You are grossly misinformed. Windows phone has synced with PCs and MACs since release using Zune for the PC and WP Connector for the MAC. The software is used for syncing media and files. Doing backups and updates.

smh
    04-08-12 03:59 PM
    Phone kinda meh. Single core, low rez screen , 720 recording.

Nothing overly exciting.
    04-08-12 04:09 PM
    Phone kinda meh. Single core, low rez screen , 720 recording.

Nothing overly exciting.
    Says the guy with the 9860 torch. lol
    JR A and Snafufubar like this.
    04-08-12 04:14 PM
    Says the guy with the 9860 torch. lol
    LOL!

The specs aren't as important to me as the user experience. The UI is what really has me interested. The cool part is that with those "inferior" specs, the L900 operates faster/more fluid than leading Android phones I've used.
    app_Developer likes this.
    04-08-12 04:33 PM
    The specs aren't as important to me as the user experience. The UI is what really has me interested. The cool part is that with those "inferior" specs, the L900 operates faster/more fluid than leading Android phones I've used.
    That's exactly right. The whole point is the end result. The Lumia's UI is consistently fluid, which is not something you can say about any Android phone I've used.

However, the screen is not up to the standard of the iPhone, in terms of color rendition or of course the sharpness of text.
    JR A likes this.
    04-08-12 04:45 PM
    Folks, there are good handsets coming in many ways, and closed-mindedness was how we got into the mess we're in now. Upgrade cycles are a fact of life, and some are.well past those dates. Many of fhe folks here are long time BlackBerry users and fans. We know that we have to be patient, but that doesn't mean we can't look at the options, gain knowledge that will give us a greater depth of experience, and prepare for whatever is yet to come.

I'd like to see people realize that changes aren't always good or bad. Some of them are kinda in-between.
    04-08-12 05:24 PM
    Is it just me, or does the whole UI of WP looks like something TAT would come up with?

It just seems like something I've seen in TAT's (teasing) concept videos...
    04-08-12 07:47 PM
    LOL!

IMO, the Windows Phone OS user interface is the best out there among the mobile OS (or at least the ones I'm familiar with). Incidently, I would rank Blackberry QNX OS second.
    JR A likes this.
    04-08-12 07:52 PM
    I like the ads, especially the part where he walks by the two Amish guys. LMAO.
    JR A likes this.
    04-08-12 08:19 PM
    I like the ads, especially the part where he walks by the two Amish guys. LMAO.
    I love his work with Andy Samberg and the whole Lonely Island project...

Saturday Night Live - Chronicles of Narnia (Lazy Sunday) - Video - http://www.nbc.com
    04-08-12 08:52 PM
    lol! this is epic
    04-08-12 09:02 PM
    I switched from the 9810 to the Lumia 710, and am hoping to be buying a 900 this week (whenever Rogers gets it, I have not pre-ordered). Anyways I have been enjoying my time with WP Mango, and do really recommend it. Standard limitations apply, but it is just so fluid, appealing, and easy to use.

Still have my work BB and PB to keep me with the CB Nation
    04-09-12 12:58 AM
    You are grossly misinformed. Windows phone has synced with PCs and MACs since release using Zune for the PC and WP Connector for the MAC. The software is used for syncing media and files. Doing backups and updates.

smh
    Sorry, in the days of development connection to a pc was limited, Zune whilst it would connect to the pc it's connectivity was limited, for example I think it wouldn't connect to any office programes which meant to me that I would have to connect my outlook calender contacts etc via cloud services whatever its name, so has this now changed? can I now get a program like Jeyo to directly connect from device to computor to deal with my sms messages etc.
    I believe this policey was so as to stop side loading of applications, apps had to go via microsoft for security reasons (like BlackBerry) which is also the reason to exclude the sd card.
    If so then that's different and MS has changed the policey for the better.
    I cannot use cloud services as I work with confidential files etc.
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 04-09-12 at 07:57 AM. Reason: added info
    04-09-12 07:47 AM
    I never save SMS and do not even use SMS that much. I have 2 more days in my billing cycle, and I've only sent/received 184 SMS. Most of those are alerts from ESPN of the final score of teams I follow or alerts from CNN about breaking news.

I will use SkyDrive to sync Office files. It will be nice to be able to edit Office files on my device without needing any cables.
    I unfortunetly from time to time have to record/save sms message for legal reasons which is possible via the cloud but I cannot use cloud services as it is deemed insecure, as far as I am aware the UK NHS can only store/handle data "on Site". So it's a tricky one for me.
    04-09-12 07:53 AM
    I unfortunetly from time to time have to record/save sms message for legal reasons which is possible via the cloud but I cannot use cloud services as it is deemed insecure, as far as I am aware the UK NHS can only store/handle data "on Site". So it's a tricky one for me.
    Interesting. I never thought SMS was used for serious business. I always thought it was strictly a personal, fun feature, mainly used by young people.
    04-09-12 07:56 AM
    IMO, the Windows Phone OS user interface is the best out there among the mobile OS (or at least the ones I'm familiar with). Incidently, I would rank Blackberry QNX OS second.
    If the above is true, then "best" doesn't sell. Sad.
    04-09-12 07:59 AM
    LOL!

You're one of the few on here. If this were a RIM product everyone would be bashing them for only having a single core and 720p. I'm interested to see where win8 goes.
    04-09-12 08:04 AM
    You're one of the few on here. If this were a RIM product everyone would be bashing them for only having a single core and 720p. I'm interested to see where win8 goes.
    Everyone(who doesn't know better) does bash WP for having a single core and 720p. And WP8(not win8) will have dual core and 1080p.
    04-09-12 09:17 AM
    Everyone(who doesn't know better) does bash WP for having a single core and 720p. And WP8(not win8) will have dual core and 1080p.
    Guess I don't spend time in those forums so I don't see it. Are they also asking why anyone would buy this phone?

Win8 is going to be the same no matter phone, tablet or computer is it not?
    04-09-12 09:24 AM
    The Lumia 900 looks great to me. i've had nokia phones in the past and ive always enjoyed them. my first phone was a nokia.

i'm not upgrading anytime soon so i'm just gonna sit back and see what's coming out this year.

options are good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-09-12 09:40 AM
    Guess I don't spend time in those forums so I don't see it. Are they also asking why anyone would buy this phone?

Windows Phone 8 OS will be a little different than Windows 8 on desktops/laptops/tablets, but from what I've read there will be a lot of shared operating system-related build structure between the two platforms.

Incidentally, some people (including some supposedly knowledgeable writers at tech blogs) are critical of current Windows Phone low-end specs...at least until they use it side by side with almost any Android phone. I personally think Windows Phone OS and iOS are roughly equal in smoothness (which is to say very smooth) but WP has a slicker and nicer to use interface.
    04-09-12 11:48 AM
    I agree. And actually, I think the more bashing we expect from BB10, the better it will serve us.

The main reason why I think a phone with "inferior" hardware is being praised so much is because

1.) great UI that is different, "Beautifully different" as AT&T puts it. And the UI is so fast/fluid.

2.) no one was expecting WP/Nokia to deliver something this good, so the more bashing, the better!

According to WPCentral (I didn't spend THAT much time on those forums, I swear...), the Lumia series phones will be getting updated to WP8. And I'm sure it's not going to take forever to receive an update like all Android devices (cough* ICS *cough*)
    Last edited by jranciano; 04-09-12 at 11:55 AM.
    04-09-12 11:53 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD