I was walking around my school and lucky I found a blackberry curve 8300, but when I tried to turn it out it was asking me to enter a code that I do not know. Is there any way to figure out the code or start from "scratch" ? It gives me only 3 options as soon as I turn it on:

Unlock
    Emergency Call
    Cancel
    05-07-09 02:59 PM
    I was walking around my school and lucky I found a blackberry curve 8300, but when I tried to turn it out it was asking me to enter a code that I do not know. Is there any way to figure out the code or start from "scratch" ? It gives me only 3 options as soon as I turn it on:

Unlock
    Emergency Call
    Cancel
    Do yourself a favor. Return it. Take it to your school office. Don't mess with it. Just turn it in.
    05-07-09 03:02 PM
    Yes there is. You can try and locate the actual owner, return it to them, and then ask them if they wish to share this information with you.
    05-07-09 03:03 PM
    Yes there is. You can try and locate the actual owner, return it to them, and then ask them if they wish to share this information with you.
    Don't think that is a brilliant idea, plus there is no way to actually found the owner as I had this phone for over a month now. He probably gave up by now.
    05-07-09 03:04 PM
    WOW dude, you wouldnt try to find the owner? Nice...lol Maybe they will find it now that you posted here! They prolly called and reported it missing anyways, so its prolly useless to you anyways!
    05-07-09 03:08 PM
    Don't think that is a brilliant idea, plus there is no way to actually found the owner as I had this phone for over a month now. He probably gave up by now.
    It wasn't an attempt at brilliance. It was an honest answer.
    You could still try returning it or reporting it?

I may miss my guess but I think you came to the wrong place to find out how to unlock someone else's Blackberry.

Why don't you try and find the owner first?
    05-07-09 03:10 PM
    I would return it to the carrier, ATT, Verizon, etc. They can figure out who's phone it is and get it back to them.
    05-07-09 03:11 PM
    It actually IS a brilliant idea. Return it to the nearest carrier store. Be a hero.
    05-07-09 03:14 PM
    My guess he probably stole it. I mean come one. He's had it for a month and never turned it to someone. That's weird in my eyes.

I'm not calling you a lier that you found it. It's just my perspective and how I see it
    05-07-09 03:15 PM
    Hmm you have two posts and have the 8300 listed as your device...are you keeping this!?
    05-07-09 03:15 PM
    Not returning it, looking for help on how too restore the phone.
    05-07-09 03:19 PM
    FYI, Fanatic, you are on Sprint/Nextel and the 8300 isn't even compatible with your carrier even if you got it "unlocked".

Do the right thing and turn it in to the carrier it is branded for, or at the very least, your school office.

As mentioned, the owner has probably reported it lost/stolen a long time ago, so you won't be able to activate it anyway.
    05-07-09 03:20 PM
    That's classy, fanatic. Nobody here will help you restore the phone.

Have fun.
    05-07-09 03:21 PM
    This will be locked soon, it doesn't want you, it wants to be reunited with it's owner that is probably freaking out.
    05-07-09 03:23 PM
    FYI, Fanatic, you are on Sprint/Nextel and the 8300 isn't even compatible with your carrier even if you got it "unlocked".

Do the right thing and turn it in to the carrier it is branded for, or at the very least, your school office.

As mentioned, the owner has probably reported it lost/stolen a long time ago, so you won't be able to activate it anyway.
    I know there are ways to restore it, and than just switch to metro. My friends have done it multiple times in the past.
    05-07-09 03:24 PM
    You won't be able to use it.

You aren't going to get help here unlocking it.

Why not just do the right thing.
    05-07-09 03:26 PM

I know there are ways to restore it, and than just switch to metro. My friends have done it multiple times in the past.
    Metro is cdma, as is Sprint, Nextel is iDEN. The 8300 is a GSM phone. It won't work.
    05-07-09 03:30 PM
    Your friends have done it before? So they have bad morals to is what your saying? People like you are the specific reason I lock my phone.

If you want help restoring the phone that isn't yours go somewhere else. No one here is going to help you reward yourself for doing the wrong thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 03:32 PM
    Anyone who is trying to help this guy unlock someone else's BB, I hope you lose yours...and never see it again. Karma dammit! Haha ..............but ya know, the guy that lost this phone probably got a new BB out of it.....hmmmm....it's still wrong tho. Return it to the carrier.
    05-07-09 03:33 PM
    Anyone who is trying to help this guy unlock someone else's BB, I hope you lose yours...and never see it again. Karma dammit! Haha ..............but ya know, the guy that lost this phone probably got a new BB out of it.....hmmmm....it's still wrong tho. Return it to the carrier.
    It's not possible to carrier hop on the 8300, and no one here is going to help
    05-07-09 03:36 PM
    Well thanks folks, got it to work later just had to enter the password wrong wrong 10 times.
    Last edited by fanatic12; 05-07-09 at 03:52 PM.
    05-07-09 03:50 PM
    Ok first off our bbs are like our children, only better at times. We put a lot of time and efford into them. We show them off. Its not so much the money we spend, although we do at times spend a lot lol. But a true bb user, it's life and the air we breath, at least to me.

What if you saved up for something nice, never being able to have something to show off before. And boom it's gone. No contacts, no email, no phone and god forbid no messaging.

I know my spelling is not the best. But for me knowing you can't show off such a wonderful thing because you never know who's look and who's it might be is a fate worse then death. I don't curse but if I did I would unleash enough to make a truck driver blush. However I will take great pride in knowing karma will come up and get you in the end.

I admit it was wrong for the user to be so careless but really it happens! Glad to know your there showing off other faults.

ps I hope you get a case of herpies. So that way you can have a reminder evertime you have a flare up and you have to explaine it for the rest of your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man people like you really really make me so upset!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-07-09 03:57 PM
    Well thanks folks, got it to work later just had to enter the password wrong wrong 10 times.
    Lol. The pin has probably been blacklisted (I hope so)....

On a sidenote, I thought someone stole my 8900 a couple weeks ago, and was frantically searching all over the place for it at school, only to have the person who found it report it missing. Rogers then called my home telling me that someone has found my device and that it has been dropped off at a Rogers dealer store nearby.
    The person stayed anonymous ..... God bless people like that!!!!!!

Oh, and it was only missing for 2 hours.
    05-07-09 04:00 PM
    It's not possible to carrier hop on the 8300, and no one here is going to help
    I'm confused why u quoted me and said that.....I never told him to carrier hop.
    05-07-09 04:01 PM

Unlock
    Emergency Call
    Cancel
    see now its reported as lost to whats going to happen is the ESN will get blacklisted there for rendering the phone useless...

so sorry to tell you it was definetly no benefit for you to keep the phone and pretty bad that you didn't try to turn it in especially when it costed someone else money.. Sorry I will not give you any kind of good thoughts or text. If it was my phone I would be so ticked off.
    05-07-09 04:02 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD