Sent my Bold 9000 for servicing due to a bricked OS issue. Surprisingly it's still under warranty and the tech support was able to help me out for free. Glad with that

Just when I was about to leave the place, an American chap sat down beside me. He seemed confused, holding a Bold 9780, he asked the service-lady next to my counter, "is this a curve or a bold?". Apparently he wanted to buy a Brand-New Bold/Curve legacy device. Didn't seemed too bothered by the array of BB10 devices on display at the BB Expert Center's entrance.

Then, I wouldn't blame him, he started to rant about how badly BB was doing as he was agitated that he couldn't find a retail shop here in Singapore where they still sell legacy OS5/6/7 devices. I totally understand how he felt. Being an advocate of simplicity, I very much appreciate the older Blackberries for their intuitive usability.

I wanted to let him know how well BB is doing now, they aren't like what they are 3-4 years back, losing clientele and a dwindling market share. They've grown out of the de-profiting margin and starting to get up on their feet!

I wanted to correct his misinformed view on the company there and then, but I'm afraid that it might turn into an argument. The counter lady also seemed speechless, who only could console him to find them online, which i thought wasn't too bad an idea.

The purpose of this post is for me to express my utmost gratitude to Blackberry as a company, for giving their best innovative ideas for the benefit of their clients. It is amazing how they've improved over the years with unique innovation and originality that continues to get me, at least, curious and excited. Well done RIM! You will have my continued support from now till ever, no matter what happens. I have faith in this company that it will continue to do well. Cheers!

P.S.: On a side-note, I hope you would offer an alternative solution to the extinction of BIS in Singapore. As it is no longer offered by any of the carriers here. Maybe allow legacy devices to be able to utilise BB services through standard data plan? That would be wonderful!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jomjomXD; 11-16-14 at 08:05 PM.
    BeautyEh likes this.
    11-16-14 07:50 PM