Me? Forever... I know some of you might consider it OCD or whatever but there is some important information i have in some text messages that i like to be able to refer to when talking to people. Or when i got into a huge fight with my EX i was losing the argument because well shes a girl im a guy im always wrong, till i showed her the text message we were fighting over... lol trivial but it was enjoyable at least

I still have the messages from when i bought my first blackberry 9000 in April of last year >.>

Maybe I'm weird.. How about you folks?
    04-17-10 12:08 PM
    Only sms i keep are the ones between me and my girl, and i usually keep them as long as i can until the sms chat gets to long and my keyboard starts to lag when i am typing then i delete it.
    04-17-10 12:22 PM
    I only keep them if they contain important information otherwise they get deleted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 12:25 PM
    I delete them nightly.

04-17-10 12:29 PM
    Most of them pretty much within a day. Bothing stays on for more than maybe a week. Same with email for the most part. I do have a few that are permanent fixtures though.

04-17-10 01:37 PM
    I delete all messages immediately. If there is an actionable item I move it to the
    calendar or task manager and let Outlook deal with the archiving.

Half the text messages I get are deleted unread. The rest are never saved.
    04-17-10 05:51 PM
    I delete them nightly.

Same here.
    04-17-10 05:54 PM
    Daily if I get any... Same thing with Email... I clear it all out.
    04-17-10 05:57 PM
    Daily for me

04-17-10 06:48 PM
    i let the system delete them after 15 days, same as email unless i need something then I will save it
    04-17-10 08:08 PM
    I'm a 15 day-er too. I, do, however, have a small list of saved messages. In addition, the people I text most frequently get delete probably about once a week. I'll periodicially go through and delete stuff, but otherwise I'm mostly unconcerned until it affects performace.

04-17-10 10:43 PM
    Never!!!!!! For me

04-17-10 11:16 PM
    I delete my SMS nightly. However, I have e-mails on my work e-mail that i've had on my BB for months.
    04-18-10 02:18 AM
    On the iPhone... memory wasn't an issue, so I never deleted them.

On my BlackBerry, Nexus & Pre, I delete them usually after a conversation is over with someone.
    04-18-10 02:31 AM
    I have a pdf backup of all text messages on my pc, and apart from that it goes back 2 years without deleting any and as far as i can tell it hasnt affected performance yet.
    04-18-10 05:28 AM
    I delete them every day. Nobody sends me anything important on an SMS.
    04-18-10 05:43 AM
    I delete mine daily, same with emails depending what they are.
    04-18-10 07:26 AM
    I delete them nightly.

Same here...sometimes as soon as I am done with the conversation...

04-18-10 08:04 AM
    I let the phone delete them unless it wiould be hazerdous to my health to keep them.

04-18-10 10:17 AM
    Most times I delete them right after I read them same for email a few I might save but not for very long . I couldn't possible save all my text messages long I can get as many as 10,000 in a month

04-18-10 10:21 AM
    For the life of me I will never understand those who point to the BB as an
    uber-efficient messaging device bogging it down with messages, be they SMS/MMS,
    email, BBM converations, IM conversations that if they were honest have no
    reason to hang onto.

Once I am done with the mail, message or conversation it is gone. And that is
    almost always immediately. I currently have no saved SMS (granted I HATE text
    messaging), no open IM or BBM conversations (and they never get archived) and
    only 4 emails, which I can't deal with until I get back to my office on Tuesday.
    04-18-10 10:28 AM
    I'm with the OP, I keep my SMS text forever, or at least until I actually *need* to delete them. You gotta save those messages with the girlfriend for back up in case of an argument. lol It's not what you know but what you can prove.

Now when I receive an MMS text(which usually has media), I delete them after I read them. And if I want the media attached, I would save it.

My emails get deleted pretty regularly, almost as soon as I get them unless there important.
    Last edited by MACKSnare519; 04-18-10 at 10:32 AM.
    04-18-10 10:30 AM
    I just leave them there. Memory isn't an issue on my Droid because I can now install anything to my SD card, including APPS.
    Last edited by killswitchX13; 04-18-10 at 10:43 AM.
    04-18-10 10:32 AM
    I'm with the OP, I keep my SMS text forever, or at least until I actually *need* to delete them. You gotta save those messages with the girlfriend for back up in case of an argument. lol It's not what you know but what you can prove.
    Not something I need to worry about. I learned a long time ago if you are
    always honest you don't need a great memory. The truth speaks for itself
    and does not require a defense.
    04-18-10 10:40 AM
    I dont really have a set time to delete sms except when I want to. The time to keep 'em is set to 15 days.
    04-18-10 11:33 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD