Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    But before I do I need confirmation of something if that's okay

I'm looking to buy the phone on the orange network UK
    The phone is a BlackBerry Pearl 8120

Okay the question is, can I for sure 100% use wifi without a data plan?
    I know it probably comes with a few provisos but all I want to do is use a browser...that's it! I just want to use my twitter and check a few sites here and there.

Thanks and hope you can help!
    (I'm sure this has been asked before but I just wanted to make sure first, sorry!)
    12-15-09 01:07 AM
    Yes. My first BlackBerry was a Curve 8320 that I used with only the Wifi connection.

When you have a Wifi connection, you can use the Hotspot Browser. The Browser is optimized for WAP, but it will work with most sites.

However, it will not work with sites that require any Browser plugs in like Adobe Flash.

If there is a particular make it or break it site, you would be wise to confirm it does work on the BlackBerry Hotspot Browser.
    12-15-09 12:29 PM
    Thanks for the reply!
    I've ordered the 8120 and it should be here on thursday
    I'll be looking to get a micro sd card for it as I want to use it for my music, handy that the headphone jack isn't propriety as they're sending me some free Headcandy headphones too!
    Am I right that the largest micro sd card I can use in the device is 8gb?

Quite excited about getting the phone as it seems to do everything and it's great value too.

edit: Oh also can I use the opera mini browser with this phone connected to wi-fi?
    Last edited by Eskimo_Snow; 12-15-09 at 01:16 PM.
    12-15-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD