iPad mini / retina.
    06-29-14 08:05 PM
    Don't understand why people dislike iOS 7, I got a iPad Retina and love it and iOS 7.
    06-29-14 08:09 PM
    I'll give an explanation as to what happened with IOS7:

I had a Macbook Air, Iphone5, Ipad4 and iPod Touch 5th gen.
    All connected, everything working like buttah, as they say.
    Then I updated to IOS7.

I started noticing that my phone and iPad were slower, more sluggish, took forever to send out or receive emails.
    I ignored it.
    I went through a teacher training program which required a lot of note taking, I did the homework assignments on my iPad and sent them in, no problem.
    But then, toward the end of the training, I started having problems finding notes, I figured I just wasn't looking in the right place.
    At the end, I still had 5 homework's to send in and a take home multiple choice 10 page test that required graphics.

... And ALL my notes disappeared.
    Luckily I had taken some on Evernote, but all the others, on the stock note app, were gone.
    Suddenly I couldn't receive or send out any emails either, and about half the apps I needed to use kept on crashing.
    So I went to the genius bar, and after over an hour and 3 tech guys, they couldn't help.
    One even had the balls to tell me "It's not the device, it's you: you're using it wrong".
    ?!?!?!

That's when I switched to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note Pro.
    Of course had I known that Kitkat would be such a mess, I'd have gone with BB right away, lol.

Oddly enough, The bad CS I got from Apple was probably a fluke: Today I had a problem with my iPod Touch and Apple ID and the CS I got was fantastic, they called me back immediately and the tech stayed on with me until all was fixed and solved, so I have no complaints there.

I hate technology. I need technology. I'm a screaming techtard and completely hopeless but I *need* devices I can rely on. Aaarrrggghhh.
    06-29-14 08:56 PM
    I have a 64 gb Plabook, ipad 2 and a no-name android tablet ($90, cheap). I use the ipad for work because specific applications/programs for my work are not supported elsewhere. The android is okay to play with once in a while but i find the "experience" uninspiring. I have used the Playbook for everything else, a lot for work until the move to the iPad. Now I use it for video chatting, music, connecting to my big screen with micro HDMI and showing pictures of family. While I wish that BB10 had come to the playbook, I understand the limitations of the original hardware and the need to move on. With a mobile hotspot, the Playbook is comparable to the iPad 2 in performance (I prefer the small form factor), the droid is not in the same league even though it is newer. ( Nov 13)
    06-29-14 09:03 PM
    Surface 2. Like BB phones, its a productivity tool. USB 3.0 and hdmi out. Hopefully soon, BlackBerry can stretch it's Z30 to 6 or 7 inch. I wouldn't mind if it's a phone or tablet only device as long as it has BB10 OS, usb on the go and hdmi out.
    06-29-14 09:08 PM
    Sony Tablet S. It stopped getting OS updates after a year (at ICS) and has a locked bootloader, so there are no ROMs. But its okay for browsing (if you use Opera Mini), reading books or PDFs, and watching Netflix or YouTube, so I won't be wasting and money on another one until its unusable AND there's something I want -- which will likely be running full windows.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    06-29-14 09:20 PM
    I have a couple of PlayBooks - they do everything I need them to which is largely web and video.
    06-29-14 09:34 PM
    Kindle Fire HDX

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 09:37 PM
    I use the Apple mini for work since the signature app isn't available for my Surface RT. I have a love and hate relationship with both of them.
    06-29-14 09:38 PM
    I honestly think tablets are a complete waste of junk. I have a smartphone and 2 laptops. What on earth do I or would I want that in between waste of money? I see tablets as one of the most useless pieces of tech going. Most people have smartphones and computers and having a tablet doesn't do anything extra I can't already do. Just my opinion, I know most blow there money on it.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 09:42 PM
    I'll give an explanation as to what happened with IOS7:

I had a Macbook Air, Iphone5, Ipad4 and iPod Touch 5th gen.
    All connected, everything working like buttah, as they say.
    Then I updated to IOS7.

I started noticing that my phone and iPad were slower, more sluggish, took forever to send out or receive emails.
    I ignored it.
    I went through a teacher training program which required a lot of note taking, I did the homework assignments on my iPad and sent them in, no problem.
    But then, toward the end of the training, I started having problems finding notes, I figured I just wasn't looking in the right place.
    At the end, I still had 5 homework's to send in and a take home multiple choice 10 page test that required graphics.

... And ALL my notes disappeared.
    Luckily I had taken some on Evernote, but all the others, on the stock note app, were gone.
    Suddenly I couldn't receive or send out any emails either, and about half the apps I needed to use kept on crashing.
    So I went to the genius bar, and after over an hour and 3 tech guys, they couldn't help.
    One even had the balls to tell me "It's not the device, it's you: you're using it wrong".
    ?!?!?!

That's when I switched to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note Pro.
    Of course had I known that Kitkat would be such a mess, I'd have gone with BB right away, lol.

Oddly enough, The bad CS I got from Apple was probably a fluke: Today I had a problem with my iPod Touch and Apple ID and the CS I got was fantastic, they called me back immediately and the tech stayed on with me until all was fixed and solved, so I have no complaints there.

I hate technology. I need technology. I'm a screaming techtard and completely hopeless but I *need* devices I can rely on. Aaarrrggghhh.
    Never had any problems with iOS 7 as far as notes or emails disappearing or anything else.
    06-29-14 09:43 PM
    Still using my PlayBook but eying up a Surface Pro 2.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 09:44 PM
    I've moved on to a Dell Venue Pro 8, running (full) Windows 8.1.

I had a Dell WinRT tablet that I got last summer, but I found that at 10" it was too big/heavy for the activities I was used to with my PlayBook. The Venue Pro 8 is just the right size, and it's a very powerful little sucker to boot. AND I can install BlackBerry Link and iTunes on it.

My 64GB PlayBook and accessories are listed for sale here...
    06-29-14 09:46 PM
    Kindle Fire HDX

Posted via CB10
    Rooted?

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    06-29-14 09:46 PM
    Galaxy tab pro 8.4
    06-29-14 09:47 PM
    ASUS Transform Book T-100 full Windows 8.1 with pre-loaded Microsoft Office 2013 professional Edition, and keyboard docking (USB3.0; HDMI out) for $398. I don't think any Android or iPad can beat it PC wise and price wise with the same spec. Android or iPad is nothing close to a PC. Indeed, Windows Tablet can replace a PC or laptop. It works well with my Z10. If BlackBerry can release Playbook 2 on BB10 (of course dreaming), I will definitely get it. Maybe, I grab Passport as my next tablet (phablet) so one device all the way.

Posted via my adorable Z10
    06-29-14 10:01 PM
    I pad air

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 10:04 PM
    Surface Pro 3

Posted via CB10 C000DAC91
    06-29-14 10:07 PM
    Nexus 7 which I use for playing games, watching movies, and navigation during road trips (Google Maps and Waze).

I just noticed that it became quite laggy on 4.4.3 and even on 4.4.4 especially when playing games.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 10:32 PM
    BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB and an iPad 2 32GB. I use the iPad for browsing, while I use the PlayBook for documents, typing, and scheduling.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 10:38 PM
    Got a playbook that I hardly use (Occasionally for games like Nova 3 online) and an iPad 2 that I use much more than the playbook for watching videos and playing games but ios7 made it really slow. I don't see a tablet as a necessity so I don't see myself upgrading to anything else. My laptop (Macbook pro) and phone (Q10 atm, hopefully Passport soon) are enough for my needs.
    06-29-14 11:11 PM
    I don't understand why BlackBerry doesn't release a tablet with BB10. If my PB could install apps via snap I would be a very happy man!! Instead I'm going to have to buy an Asus Transform T or even worse an Apple/Andoid device...!!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 11:14 PM
    I don't understand why BlackBerry doesn't release a tablet with BB10. If my PB could install apps via snap I would be a very happy man!! Instead I'm going to have to buy an Asus Transform T or even worse an Apple/Andoid device...!!

Posted via CB10
    I think it is because of the current state of the company. When BlackBerry are financially stable, they may start to explore these ventures.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-29-14 11:15 PM
    Surface Pro series, the next will be surface pro 3, they play well with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 11:19 PM
    iPad Air 32gb and '13 Nexus 7 running 4.4.4 as of last Saturday. Both are pretty great but the iPad Air is absolutely a necessity.

The Android fork running on Amazon tablets is absolutely the sorriest OS going. It's virtually unusable.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    06-30-14 01:11 AM
465 12345 ...