IPad Air 1st gen with my awesome Z30 .i use daily .rarely use my Dell windows 7 lap top now

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 12:37 PM
    Still use my playbook
    05-09-15 11:23 PM
    Still use my playbook
    This.^

Bought an iPad mini2 two weeks ago to see what all the App(le) fuss is about. Yes, it has apps, but using it without proper swiping gestures (!) is awkward, and that home button is in the way... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-10-15 05:23 AM
    This.^

Bought an iPad mini2 two weeks ago to see what all the App(le) fuss is about. Yes, it has apps, but using it without proper swiping gestures (!) is awkward, and that home button is in the way... :-)

•   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   •
    I second this.

For me personally an iPad alone, without Mac and iPhone, doesn't make any sense, and when I looked at Android, well, I just don't like the Android GUI(s) and all these security flaws on many of the Android platforms, so in the end I made a conservative decision and wanted to order a few Dell Venue Pro 8.1 tablets on Amazon for my family, but it had so many bad reviews about defective hardware, and then... I realized that we never had any issues with our PlayBooks.

Just upgraded from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013, and the accounts are still smoothly running on the PlayBooks.
    It's still great for its main use like BB videochats, (income) calculator (app), calendar, weather forecasts, games, movies, music...only sad that the BES 10 license cannot be renewed/replaced.

However, I did follow your suggestion and look at Jolla and, I must say, I really like the idea that it's largely open source and features are decided upon suggestions from the community.
    So, yep, taking also into account that the (gestures on) Sailfish GUI and PlayBook GUI will be probably similar, there is a very good chance you see me with a Jolla/Sailfish device in 2016 or so.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    05-10-15 06:27 AM
    Bought IPad Mini, used it for 5 weeks and sold it at a $50 loss, and was thankful that was all I lost. Sorry, just not a fan of apple ecosystem. I gave it a shot and was not impressed. My Passport wins in every way that I use and need so it's just not for me. I bought a Amazon Fire 6 and I am more than happy with what it does for me. At $115 it's really a nice little tab, I chose the 6" for easy mobility, fits in pockets and I'm very happy with my choice. Only drawback is no Blend on Amazon and would be nice to not grab my phone when using it. I'm not a gamer so the 16gb limit is fine for me, would not be if I was though. Great picture but sound is Ehh, I use a bluetooth speaker watching vids usually. And I'm a big hater of all virtual keyboards so this is no exception. If I used it more I would buy a BT keyboard.

So there's my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 10:25 AM
    I work @ a computer repair shop, and it's comical how may iPads/iPhones we get in a week lol. High-priced pieces of sh*t if u ask me! I even have certain customers in twice a week with the same device but diff problem. I had a guy walk in with a iPhone 6 and he was livid that Apple wouldn't fix his Apple Store-purchased defective device! So sad all the "sheep" keep on buying these "hype-driven" devices!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    05-11-15 12:33 PM
    I have a fourth Gen iPad, but I doubt I use it an hour a week. It's a lousy multitasker, akin to Windows 3.1 back in 1995. You can switch between open windows but that's about it. Copying and pasting between apps is inefficient, and its handing of photos is horrible unless you pay a monthly fee to Apple.

The one thing that is easy to do on it is buy media and Apps. I guess that's what Apple mostly wants you to do!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 03:07 PM
    iPad if all I'm doing is simple browsing. MS SP3 if it requires anything more. Playbook seldomly used, but still kicking around. Slow by today's standards.
    05-11-15 05:01 PM
    IPad mini, I have no complaints 😀
    05-11-15 05:09 PM

However, I did follow your suggestion and look at Jolla and, I must say, I really like the idea that it's largely open source and features are decided upon suggestions from the community.
    So, yep, taking also into account that the (gestures on) Sailfish GUI and PlayBook GUI will be probably similar, there is a very good chance you see me with a Jolla/Sailfish device in 2016 or so.
    I'm considering getting in on the fun, too, I just want a modern gesture-based tablet with apps, but nothing Google, and Cyanogen/.../... other AOSP ROMs just don't really cut it for me, if I want "true"* open source and/or community involvement ...

:-D

(* I'm probably chasing the Google-independent device more than complete FOSS open source)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-11-15 05:15 PM
    Nokia 2520 and an ipad mini...each has its merits..

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 01:31 AM
    None.

Between my Passport and my laptop, I have no use for an in-between tablet.
    05-12-15 01:33 AM
    Surface 2. For my purposes, mostly light office work, it's perfect.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 07:50 AM
    IPad Air

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 08:44 AM
    I have an ipad mini but it doesn't work as my passport, I'm thinking on a microsoft tablet so I can sideload apps to my phone and load beta OS

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 09:07 AM
465 ... 171819