When it happens again and again and again and again... then yes it is most probable to assume that correlation very certainly implies causation.

It's funny that you think one example (Z10... a flawed device to start with) proves your point yet ignore years of other non flawed models that prove otherwise.

Yes the Z10 was marketed. But it was a pathetic campaign for a flawed device. Not much of an example to spout as proof that marketing doesn't work.

On the other night... followed by years of completely abandoned advertising it is no surprise at all that no one knows BB10 even existed. The cause and correlation cannot be disputed.

Posted via CB10
    More marketing does not necessarily mean more sales. Less marketing does not necessarily mean less sales. There are so many more factors in the success of a product. Perhaps more importantly, more marketing does not necessarily mean more profitability. You can easily spend more on marketing than you will ever be able to recoup in additional sales. This is especially true with David and Goliath business stories.

Apple and Samsung advertise more than all of their competitors. They sell the most devices. Is marketing a factor? Probably, among others. Their marketing is only one element of their dominance. Just as important is the fact that most people in the industrialized world have already had multiple smartphones in the past. Most have already used the most popular brands and have had good experiences. Most have friends who have used those same brands with similar experiences and they share common apps like iMessage. Many have walked into Apple Stores for a quick free replacement of a defective device on the spot. People don't need to be educated as much as they used to on smartphones. Most people carry them and if you look around, you'll see most people's faces glued to them. If you think a clever commercial on tv or a nice looking ad on a bus is going to change that kind of momentum, I think you're wrong.

I could spend a billion dollars marketing MmmHmm Cola, but almost everyone is just going to buy a Coke or a Pepsi anyway.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-20-15 08:00 PM
    Staying with your usage of caffeine beverages I believe the likes of Monster and 5 hour Energy have done very well carving out a niche and each are heavily marketed. If you want product adoption you simply have to market in some productive fashion. Positive brand awareness cannot be overlooked.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    12-21-15 01:23 AM
    Get ready for more ?

I realize CB10 users won't see the Tweet ... here it is :
    So all of a sudden BlackBerry is advertising...-capture.png
    12-21-15 02:58 AM
    I agree that BlackBerry should honor and support the niche market/group/people. Being in a niche is cooler than being generic anyway. BlackBerry is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 01:52 AM
    I agree that BlackBerry should honor and support the niche market/group/people. Being in a niche is cooler than being generic anyway.
    So you wanted Blackberry to go out of business?
    01-04-16 06:47 AM
    I remember people trying very hard to whitewash the battery life and the reboot issues.
    On a related note, I remember people trying very hard to convince everyone the perplexing Blackberry 10 commercial shown during Super Bowl 47 (February 2013, not long before the first BB10 devices were released) was a great commercial by RIM/Blackberry for BB10.
    01-04-16 07:06 AM
    On a related note, I remember people trying very hard to convince everyone the perplexing Blackberry 10 commercial shown during Super Bowl 47 (February 2013, not long before the first BB10 devices were released) was a great commercial by RIM/Blackberry for BB10.
    It's so funny you mention that. That commercial is considered universally as awful, even by everyone in here. Yesterday I was reading the comments about that commercial in the old CrackBerry Blog post and there were SO many comments from people who were talking about how great the commercial was and how it was going to propel Blackberry to a dominant position again. Really funny reading all of them.
    01-04-16 08:31 AM
    It's so funny you mention that. That commercial is considered universally as awful, even by everyone in here. Yesterday I was reading the comments about that commercial in the old CrackBerry Blog post and there were SO many comments from people who were talking about how great the commercial was and how it was going to propel Blackberry to a dominant position again. Really funny reading all of them.
    The truly horrific one was the one with the lady who professed to send out an inhumane amount of emails from her pkb BB device. She then challenged folks to try doing that from a touchscreen device.

This was right before the Z10 came out. Genius.
    01-04-16 08:53 AM
    The truly horrific one was the one with the lady who professed to send out an inhumane amount of emails from her pkb BB device. She then challenged folks to try doing that from a touchscreen device.

This was right before the Z10 came out. Genius.
    That one was the best, "I get 1000 emails a day, try writing 1000 emails on a touchscreen." That and the comment "The Internet comes alive on this phone." LOL

Be Bold - BlackBerry Advocate, Meridith Valiando (30 second) | mobilbox.dk - Din mobiltelefon oplysninger
    Last edited by donnation; 01-04-16 at 04:54 PM.
    01-04-16 04:05 PM
    Sadly, too little too late. Only 50,000 downloads of the Crackberry App on Google Play.

posted by either my Passport or S6 Edge, depending on my mood.
    01-04-16 05:05 PM
    So you wanted Blackberry to go out of business?
    That cannot be farther away from what I meant. I simply mean BlackBerry could've strengthen the BlackBerry 10 smartphone family while at the same time branching out to do android business, instead of just giving up on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 08:59 AM
    That cannot be farther away from what I meant. I simply mean BlackBerry could've strengthen the BlackBerry 10 smartphone family while at the same time branching out to do android business, instead of just giving up on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    And how would JC justify that expenditure to the board and the investors?
    Elephant_Canyon and TGR1 like this.
    01-05-16 10:05 AM
    That is not a commercially viable plan of action.
    TGR1 likes this.
    01-05-16 11:08 AM
    I don't think advertising would have improved sales enough of BB10 to make the hardware division profitable. Developers are only interested in maintaining apps for 2 ecosystems and they are android and ios. Microsoft has more money than Blackberry ever had or will have and they can not get enough developers to develop/ maintain apps for windows phones.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    01-05-16 03:52 PM
389 ... 141516