I don't know if I want to take a look at any major advertising they're doing because the 'minor' advertising is so poor. The ads that pop up for me are hideous and embarrassing. Even this one, today, is a mess... mixed fonts, trashing their branding... it's like they have no marketing department. This kind of thing is important; it's what actually made Apple Apple. Attachment 382213
    This advertising made you think about blackberry. Crap ad or not it got you thinking about their brand. So looks like it worked.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 03:55 PM
    If you can go to the mall and show a Passport and a Z30 to the first 100 people and get even 2 of them to recognize what they are... without saying something like " I didn't know BlackBerry still existed... " then I will agree.

Hint... it won't happen.

Posted via CB10
    Who cares? I've seen dozens of "my friends/ random people were impressed by my phone" threads, and I always ask the same question... Did they ditch their Apple/Android and buy a BB10 phone?

More than 90% of the time, the answer is.... wait for it... "No."

As was already said, people aren't going to give up the apps and games they have been accustomed to for "a superior OS." Didn't happen, not gonna happen. BB10 in its current form would have needed to be ready in 2011 or 2012 to have had a real shot. Blame Chen alllllllll you want, but BB10 had failed before he even took over.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless (for now)
    11-26-15 04:13 PM
    This advertising made you think about blackberry. Crap ad or not it got you thinking about their brand. So looks like it worked.

Posted via CB10
    I know you're not suggesting that ugly amateurish advertising won't harm the BlackBerry brand.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-26-15 05:06 PM
    iOS email is actually very good with email management. Where do you find it lacking?
    It's all lumped together. I have 5 different emails to manage. We looked at both our accounts and it was night and day as to organization and management. iOS does not currently have anything like the Hub. BlackBerry is simply communication centric.

Z30 wickedness
    TgeekB and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    11-26-15 05:23 PM
    I know you're not suggesting that ugly amateurish advertising won't harm the BlackBerry brand.

Posted via CB10
    It sounds like you suggesting it isn't already damaged haha

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-26-15 05:26 PM
    They put up with it and choose to work around it ... which blows my mind....but I digress. It's a function people in all business segments across the planet on the road use everyday all day. Some might even say more than using 3rd party apps ... but let's not get into that argument

I would say that's an assumption on your part, but I would hope we would agree there is no perfect OS for every business situation. I'm in the medical field and BB10 is useless for quick access to medical information. Using a website or an android app that may not work is not acceptable in an emergency situation. For email, etc. BB10 is da bomb.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-26-15 05:42 PM
    No they haven't.

They did for one model, the Z10... nothing else. It was a horribly poor marketing campaign for an immature product.

Today is completely different. And there is no excuse for never having advertised since then.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong. The Passport and Leap was in newspaper, billboard and such. The Z10 and Q10 was global advertised by Heins.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-26-15 05:45 PM
    Because either :

1/ They have a CEO about as smart as a box of rocks

Or

2/ They have a CEO and a board that did not wish for BB10 to succeed

I realize both sound ridiculous... but there really are no other plausible reasons.

Posted via CB10
    Or

On Passport releases they were still in pain for the billion dollar write-off and 50% lay-off they had to do to stay alive... and now their finance is stabilized enough thanking for those measures, and finally they can afford to have a marketing spending in this holiday season.
    11-26-15 05:49 PM
    Apps, Apps, Apps! Android has the Apps ecosystem plus the consumer market and that justifies BB spending money on ads to chase those consumers. "It's all about the dollar".
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-26-15 05:50 PM
    Most carriers in the USA aren't stocking BB10 in stores so why waste advertising dollars this bodes well for the Priv, Verizon and TMobile may be starting to stock the Priv soon

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-26-15 06:08 PM
    iOS email is actually very good with email management. Where do you find it lacking?
    iOS email is easily the very worst email i have experienced in the 20 years i have been using email.
    The worst email in the 12 years i've been doing it on a smartphone.
    Even among the iPhans i know, the native mail client is a sore subject.
    11-26-15 06:36 PM
    iOS email is easily the very worst email i have experienced in the 20 years i have been using email.
    Just out of curiosity, in iOS 9 what is wrong with it?
    11-26-15 06:43 PM
    It was clear with the initial flurry of advertising at launch that BB10 was not going to gain much traction outside of the BlackBerry faithful.

Spending good money after bad was not going to change anything.
    Agree

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 06:45 PM
    In what way?
    11-26-15 06:49 PM
    I don't know if I want to take a look at any major advertising they're doing because the 'minor' advertising is so poor. The ads that pop up for me are hideous and embarrassing. Even this one, today, is a mess... mixed fonts, trashing their branding... it's like they have no marketing department. This kind of thing is important; it's what actually made Apple Apple. Attachment 382213
    I'm a graphic designer and this is honestly someone still learning graphic design. Maybe even a self taught designer. I've gone through all the phases but no corporate company should've hired a designer like this.

It's bad because I honestly think this is also the creative director. The fact that they sent out an email and said that the Kardashians a carrying the priv. Says everything about the person. Or that they put a dog with a priv in his mouth. Or putting people making love with the priv. Lol!!

Posted via CB10
    dbq10 likes this.
    11-26-15 06:51 PM
    Well that attachments aren't in the header, but rather at the foot of the mail is enough, but let's go on:
    Does not format according to screen size appropriately
    File handling is terribly limited (but to be fair, that's because iOS doesn't handle the files, not the email client)
    For me, 9 has made the email buggy as all get out; items do not download/open, mail fetching is not automatic (i get an email on the Classic, maybe tomorrow i get it on the iPhone, maybe not at all)
    i tend not to use the iPhone as much as possible, so i can't list every grievance off the top of my head.
    11-26-15 06:51 PM
    I'm inclined to believe that advertising is part and parcel to Chen's plan. While we can complain about his leadership in some areas. I believe he includes advertising in the cost of the device. My guess is that cost was included in the evolution and development of the Priv and thus we are seeing it now.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 06:56 PM
    Well that attachments aren't in the header, but rather at the foot of the mail is enough, but let's go on:
    File handling is terribly limited (but to be fair, that's because iOS doesn't handle the files, not the email client)
    For me, 9 has made the email buggy as all get out; items do not download/open, mail fetching is not automatic (i get an email on the Classic, maybe tomorrow i get it on the iPhone, maybe not at all)
    i tend not to use the iPhone as much as possible, so i can't list every grievance off the top of my head.
    Mmm. Files are a different animal on ios, no doubt. As far as attachments, they work fine for me and my email is as instant as on any other phone. Perhaps you have a setting issue.

My biggest beef is the keyboard and copy/paste which I can't seem to master and can be frustrating.
    11-26-15 07:31 PM
    Looking at instagram, they're putting the priv on the subway in new york, billboards, this and that. Why didn't they do this for bb10?!

Posted via CB10
    Toronto about 4-6yrs ago with BBM specifically.

So all of a sudden BlackBerry is advertising...-blackberry-bbm-print-ad.jpgSo all of a sudden BlackBerry is advertising...-bbm_1.jpgSo all of a sudden BlackBerry is advertising...-bbm_barber.png
    11-26-15 07:36 PM
    BB 10 Os is the best period!

  
    Bob Brown7 likes this.
    11-26-15 08:54 PM
    Bruh...

11-26-15 09:24 PM
    You have a setting wrong then because email is instant in iOS. I've never had a file not be sized appropriately. The fact that an attachment at the bottom of the page is semantics imo. It's completely false to say that emails don't come in intently, because they do.

And we've derailed here anyway, taking away from the topic. I can respect your opinion on not liking it and we can leave it at that.
    Last edited by donnation; 11-27-15 at 06:41 AM.
    11-26-15 09:25 PM
    Coming from a Priv owner, I still say today the Passport is probably the best phone ever made . Only one I had for over a year without a single issue...and I've been through pretty much every Blackberry device plus a dirty year and a half of Androids between retiring my OG Torch and the Z10 release.

If only Google would give up true GPS to BB...
    11-26-15 09:28 PM
    Iphone and android was horrible. There is no telling whether you've received all your mail or not. It may look like it but I definitely would always check my desktop for missing/late emails

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 02:26 AM
    Coming from a Priv owner, I still say today the Passport is probably the best phone ever made . Only one I had for over a year without a single issue...and I've been through pretty much every Blackberry device plus a dirty year and a half of Androids between retiring my OG Torch and the Z10 release.

If only Google would give up true GPS to BB...
    I know android has issues. I had a nexus and I remember it overheating and resetting a lot. The problem is that android has so much going on with all their features, they just need to sit back, go back to the drawing table and simplify what the device really needs. Still offer all the features but leave It up to the customer to chose.

I don't even think there's time for someone to sit down and review and remember all the features. Each person knows their own set of features.

It's the biggest battery waster to have all the features. As for Apple, I have no idea what drains their os so much. It's so simple, it shouldn't be worse than android

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 02:32 AM
389 1234 ...