Obviously more information will come as RIM's presser (if i recall) is tommorow. I am hoping to see some hands on video of the new OS for the phones and playbook. Does everyone still just see doom and gloom or has this changed some of your thoughts? Discuss!
    01-09-12 08:12 PM
    I am super excited!!!

Hope they will allow older phones to use that remote function.
    01-09-12 08:34 PM
    Excited but still skeptical until these things are available. Too many times have we been shown stuff and promised dates to not have anything come from it.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-09-12 08:39 PM
    Are they having there own time in the limelight like nokia and samsung have done? This stuff is cool but it still doesn't really interest people other then the people who are using it. All tho 7.1 should help bring in some sales for educated consumers which are few and far between.
    01-09-12 08:42 PM
    I'm very excited. Bring it on!
    01-09-12 08:42 PM
    my thoughts - release the new OS for playbook already! This is the pretty girl who promises to go out with me, tomorrow...
    01-09-12 08:51 PM
    I think a make or break things for RIM and Blackberry tommorow is the announcement of apps. If they found a way to let developers use android apps then everything could be turned around. Why would a developer want to make an app for Windows Phone when they could do a two for one deal with Android/Blackberry, who both have more users. Also having a great app marketplace will make the playbook be a hit. I see no reason to release a Playbook 2. Take what they have now, advertise it more, add more apps/developers, stay with the lower price and the sales will be great IMO.
    01-09-12 08:53 PM
    yeah I agree no need for a newer Playbook.
    this one is fine as long as we keep getting updates with new
    features to unleash all the power of this baby.
    I'm so Excited and Happy to be a Rim fan
    can't wait for all the good news Tomorrow
    01-09-12 09:02 PM
    From what I've seen so far, it would seem that what RIM has planned for CES and MWC is being met with positive reaction, which is always a good thing.

I'm really looking forward to CES to see what OS 2.0 will look like, when we'll be getting it, and what kind of support its going to have. The new features in 2.0 seems amazing and will be both fun and useful to have. OS 7.1 also seems very exciting and will really enhance the BlackBerry experience.

While CES is going to be great on its own, the news the BlackBerry 10 will be shown off at Mobile World Congress is definitely enticing. I'm really looking forward to MWC!

Regardless, it's nice to see RIM is starting off the year running and has no plans to rest on its laurels.

I think RIM is going to turn around their downturn this year.
    01-09-12 09:08 PM
    Excited but still skeptical until these things are available. Too many times have we been shown stuff and promised dates to not have anything come from it.
    Understand the skepticism, but...

I think RIM was a company in turmoil for much of last year, probably from the minute they decided to try to launch the Playbook ahead of the iPad 2. I think most of what went wrong for the rest of the year started there. Nothing but missed deadlines and disappointments, until...

...until they finally grew up. I think something big happened last October. Now we see PB OS 2 actually arriving ON SCHEDULE! Amazing!

RIM's going to have a way better year than many think.
    01-09-12 09:17 PM
    Anyone know when RIMS announcements will be tommorow? thanks
    01-09-12 09:22 PM
    yeah I agree no need for a newer Playbook.
    this one is fine as long as we keep getting updates with new
    features to unleash all the power of this baby.
    I'm so Excited and Happy to be a Rim fan
    can't wait for all the good news Tomorrow
    I agree. Support what's available- now.
    01-09-12 09:25 PM
    Understand the skepticism, but...

I think RIM was a company in turmoil for much of last year, probably from the minute they decided to try to launch the Playbook ahead of the iPad 2. I think most of what went wrong for the rest of the year started there. Nothing but missed deadlines and disappointments, until...

...until they finally grew up. I think something big happened last October. Now we see PB OS 2 actually arriving ON SCHEDULE! Amazing!

RIM's going to have a way better year than many think.
    I (like many) hope that is true.
    01-09-12 09:27 PM
    Anyone know when RIMS announcements will be tommorow? thanks
    Anyone? I looked up 2012 CES Keynotes and didn't see anything regarding RIM.
    01-09-12 09:48 PM
    I've learned not to get my hopes up. I enjoy what the playbook does for me and the phones serve their purpose as well. I do hope for improvements and I expect them to come sooner or later.
    But...
    It would be amazing to see RIM have another under developed showcase as much as WE discussed and tore apart the last one. I have faith in them though.
    01-09-12 10:01 PM
    For once something good might happen
    01-09-12 10:03 PM
    what feature r u guys most excited about?
    01-09-12 10:15 PM
    what feature r u guys most excited about?
    Phone keyboard control/input over bridge that will make posting here from my pb soooo much better.
    01-09-12 10:21 PM
    I'm personally waiting to hear something about the 9930 bricking issue being fixed. I really want to pick one up, off contact.
    01-10-12 12:31 AM
    can't wait until tomorrow!
    probably won't be able to sleep eh lol
    01-10-12 01:02 AM
    I think a make or break things for RIM and Blackberry tommorow is the announcement of apps. If they found a way to let developers use android apps then everything could be turned around. Why would a developer want to make an app for Windows Phone when they could do a two for one deal with Android/Blackberry, who both have more users. Also having a great app marketplace will make the playbook be a hit. I see no reason to release a Playbook 2. Take what they have now, advertise it more, add more apps/developers, stay with the lower price and the sales will be great IMO.
    Because Windows 8 and windows phone will be very related, which makes Blackberry a bit of an afterthought in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    01-10-12 04:22 AM
    I'm underwhelmed so far. I want to see solid release dates instead of just ideas being tossed around. Although, the remote feature does look nice.
    01-10-12 07:05 AM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-LbvFckptY[/YT]
    01-10-12 09:26 AM
    RIM announces stuff all the time. Big deal. Can they deliver this time, and ON time? That is the question.
    01-10-12 10:14 AM
    RIM announces stuff all the time. Big deal. Can they deliver this time, and ON time? That is the question.
    This is true...
    01-10-12 10:48 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD