When I got my Bold I gave my girlfriend my curve. I had her call and add a BB plan and all of her data works(browser and messenger). However, she can't send or receive texts. When she sends them it says sent but I don't receive it and vice versa. We called att and they said everything looks good, so I think its something with the phone. I have done multiple battery pulls and no luck. She is using the same sim as she had in her lg flip phone. Also, sms was working when I first gave it to her. So what happened? Anybody ever experience this problem? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 07:55 PM
    When I got my Bold I gave my girlfriend my curve. I had her call and add a BB plan and all of her data works(browser and messenger). However, she can't send or receive texts. When she sends them it says sent but I don't receive it and vice versa. We called att and they said everything looks good, so I think its something with the phone. I have done multiple battery pulls and no luck. She is using the same sim as she had in her lg flip phone. Also, sms was working when I first gave it to her. So what happened? Anybody ever experience this problem? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Can she send sms to herself?
    Firewall setting to block sms?
    Check the sms setup and service center number

11-16-08 09:03 PM
    Call ATT and make sure that the IMEI number listed on her account is the one for the Curve. That should fix it.
    11-16-08 09:05 PM
    I will have her check that out. I went online where you can send sms from your wireless page and texts work so I hope the imei is the problem.

11-17-08 05:56 AM
    Did ATT give you an answer to the problem?? I'm curious.
    11-17-08 09:50 AM
    On the first call. No they said they could find nothing wrong and directed us to another department and was told they would call us back. However I have to give them a call about the imei # when I'm off work.

11-17-08 01:14 PM
    Was just checking back to see if the problem was fixed or not.
    11-20-08 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD