In another thread it was mentioned that SMS messages could be stored on the memory card. I asked in that thread how do I do it but nobody has replied to me and its been 2 or 3 days. So perhaps it's best I make the question a new thread. I did a search and don't recall reading about it in BB 101. I reaaly would rather have SMS on the memory card instead of in the device just in case the phone decides to delete them despite settings and loads of free space. I already lost two, no biggie on them, but want to avoid future loss. Some messages I do not wish to lose. Also if it is possible to do this with email messages too I would like to store them on the memory card as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-08 01:26 AM
    In another thread it was mentioned that SMS messages could be stored on the memory card....
    That was misinformation. Neither SMS nor email can be stored on a media card with the current bb software. If there's 3rd party software that can do it, I'm unaware of it. But there could be.
    06-22-08 12:24 PM
    If there is 3rd party solution that would be great. Is it possible that storing SMS and possibly email would be in 4.5? I am concerned that even with 50%+ free space it ate a few of the oldest messages in the message log. I don't know why it would but I'm not about to remove all but the core of the OS on the off chance of preventing more from getting eaten. I find it odd that based on what I have read that messages should not be getting eaten unless you run way low like under 10MB. And I verified that the settings are set to keep messages forever. I want full control over what items are removed from the message log.

06-22-08 12:38 PM
    What the BlackBerry Update Means for You - Reviews by PC Magazine

Here's a review of what was expected of OS 4.5 earlier in the year. I don't see storing email and texts on Media cards listed. As it begins to roll-out for various devices/carriers, I'm sure someone will post if it's possible.

How many bytes equals 50% free space in your case? I generally quote 10 000 000 bytes as the safe minimum, but some here quote 12 000 000 or higher.
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-22-08 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added free space comments
    06-22-08 12:50 PM
    40MB+ free, device total is 83MB. Specs is 96MB so I assume some space is lost in the file system format like other storage medium.

06-23-08 01:16 AM
    There is an option to store messages on the SIM card though.
    06-23-08 01:41 AM
    Yeah but really how many messages could you possibly store on the sim card?
    And D@MN you have 40+mgs free?
    wow!

06-23-08 02:57 AM
    Well I haven't gone crazy installing apps yet. I still use my palm T5 for a lot of apps. If I didn't I probably would have them on here. But since the apps I use on the T5 I either payed for or are free I see no reason to buy apps to do the same things on my BB. So far I've not had a thought of needing an apps to do something I didn't already have until now. I am going to search around and see if there is an app out there that will allow storage of SMS and email messages on the memory card.

06-23-08 03:10 AM
    Yeah but really how many messages could you possibly store on the sim card?
    And D@MN you have 40+mgs free?
    wow!

No idea, I just know it's available.

And he has 40mb free because his device has 96mb of storage, as opposed your and my 64mb.
    06-23-08 03:54 AM
    Yeah I know he's got a bigger size, but really I'm not jealous

06-23-08 04:55 AM
    I can't even fathom what the Bold will be like with 128mb...
    06-23-08 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD