Every phone that I've had in the past was able to do both at the same time. Is the curve unable to do this? During a call I'm use to seeing sms text messages pop up on my screen when they come through. I am also use to being able to send a text message while I'm on a call. Is the curve incapable of doing this or is there a setting for this that I somehow over-looked?
    02-13-09 03:54 PM
    the 8330 curve is able to send and receive sms while on a call. sms will not pop up on the screen like "dumb" phones. you will hear a tone and the red LED light will light up.

while in the call press and hold alt and press the back arrow (right of trackball), roll the trackball left or right, and you will be able to go into your message folder to view, write and send sms.

as a side note make sure you have set:

profiles
    advanced
    edit
    sms text
    notify me during calls: set to YES
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-13-09 at 04:13 PM.
    02-13-09 04:07 PM
    Exactly what Chrisy said.

Remember you can't get data during a call though. Such as a pin message or e-mail. Currently it's possible on AT&T's 3G though.
    02-13-09 05:21 PM
    Thanks Chrisy520 and P.O.E. 1983.
    02-13-09 06:01 PM
    You're welcome, Nelli

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 06:09 PM
    I used to be able to send during a call, but it doesn't work anymore. It's been like that since December.. It will only work within the first 10 minutes after that I get the red x.
    02-13-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD