Sorry if this is the wrong spot, I have a friend on BBM that I want to stay in contact with they have a blackberry bold 9900 but said they were unable to download whatsapp or liveprofile. are there any other apps that work with both the iphone and blackberry? as i have a battery issue with my blackberry so just switching to my old iphone until I get my upgrade so I can get the 9900 too
    04-13-12 04:38 PM
    Why would they be unable to download whatsapp?
    04-13-12 04:40 PM
    crunchSMS is an excellent SMS app for BlackBerry users. I don't have any experience with iPhone apps.
    04-13-12 04:43 PM
    There are several cross platform messaging apps out there. If they are unable to download those, they Googling the app you like because there are sites that offer OTA downloads. I think the royy (not sure that's how it is spelled) site has some OTA downloads of apps.

Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900
    04-13-12 04:51 PM
    Why would they be unable to download whatsapp?
    I am not sure why they cant.

Does the crunch sms work for iphone way? The main problem is they live in england and i live in the u.s so as far as direct sms i do not think we can do that without being charged.
    04-13-12 05:04 PM
    Probably because their BB is on BES and the IT policy doesn't allow for downloading and installing apps.

Best bet is either the stock SMS (if it isn't disabled) and/or eMail.
    04-13-12 05:07 PM
    There are several cross platform messaging apps out there. If they are unable to download those, they Googling the app you like because there are sites that offer OTA downloads. I think the royy (not sure that's how it is spelled) site has some OTA downloads of apps.

Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900
    im not sure what you meant to say.. Are you saying the app my not be working because they are downloading it from a ota and not appworld
    04-13-12 05:07 PM
    Probably because their BB is on BES and the IT policy doesn't allow for downloading and installing apps.

Best bet is either the stock SMS (if it isn't disabled) and/or eMail.
    I am pretty sure he has apps on his phone but im a ask if his phone is on BES
    04-13-12 05:08 PM
    I am not sure why they cant.

Does the crunch sms work for iphone way? The main problem is they live in england and i live in the u.s so as far as direct sms i do not think we can do that without being charged.
    crunchSMS is just a nice user interface for sending and receiving text messages via SMS. If you'd incur a cost sending an SMS, the apps you mentioned earlier are probably better choices than crunchSMS.
    04-13-12 05:14 PM
    The email suggestion from rmjones is a good one. Just connect the email to your phone and that should be an easy way to msg back and fourth without cost (besides the usual data plan cost of course).
    04-13-12 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD