All textings on phones have them? the curve 8300 doesn't have any? My treo had them too. Where are they, helpppp
    08-11-08 08:03 AM
    All textings on phones have them? the curve 8300 doesn't have any? My treo had them too. Where are they, helpppp
    I do not understand what the means
    08-11-08 08:05 AM
    I think they went on vacation.....check the SYM key they should be under there.
    08-11-08 08:06 AM
    I am in a SMS text area, hit the sym key, all that is there are letters, no smilies
    08-11-08 08:09 AM
    I think this is what the OP is talking about...

With some verizon phones, you can send what they call an EMS (enhanced message) its SMS but allows you to add smiley graphics and other little cute icons...
    08-11-08 08:09 AM
    I think this is what the OP is talking about...

With some verizon phones, you can send what they call an EMS (enhanced message) its SMS but allows you to add smiley graphics and other little cute icons...
    I meant on all my phones i have had, while texting, there are options to add smilies in the text message, where are they on the curve 8300, I just looked in sym key, there are no smilies there
    08-11-08 08:11 AM
    I have never had the option to add an emoticon in a SMS message

In BlackBerry Messenger you can press the Sym key twice to bring up the smileys... but in SMS you cannot.

Maybe you can in MMS, who knows... *EDIT* : I cannot add emoticons in MMS either...
    08-11-08 08:13 AM
    I meant on all my phones i have had, while texting, there are options to add smilies in the text message, where are they on the curve 8300, I just looked in sym key, there are no smilies there
    I have the pearl 8130 on verizon, they're not on here either...
    I have had plenty of other nonsmart phones with vzw and I do know what your talking about... I just dont think that they are available on BB devices...
    Aren't they only for BBM?
    Aren't they only for BBM?
    What is BBM?

Is that Black Berrry messenger?

Can I do this with someone who doesnt have a blackberry
    What is BBM?
    BlackBerry Messenger... and I think 49ways is correct. See my above post

And, no, BBM is for BB to BB messaging only...
    08-11-08 08:14 AM
    OK it says you use a 8330 but in the body of the thread you say 8300 these are two totally different BB on different networks and can not work on each other networks.
    08-11-08 08:15 AM
    Now I am not sure what one I have. LOL

I have the curve 8300 I am pretty sure.

So there are no smilies then?

I do nt know anyone with a blackberry so I cannot use the BB messaging then?
    08-11-08 08:17 AM
    some verizon phones would allow these emotion icons in an sms if both phones supported it.. I believe the way it works is that the phones software, just translates the : ) to display . I dont think that actual images are being transferred though
    08-11-08 08:17 AM
    My friends have smilies with verizon. So if I type :O) then a smiley will appear?
    08-11-08 08:19 AM
    What is BBM?

Is that Black Berrry messenger?

Can I do this with someone who doesnt have a blackberry
    BlackBerry Messenger:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...oes-work-5877/
    08-11-08 08:20 AM
    I actually could see all the smilies to add to the text message and choose which smiley to add to the text. I had a palm treo that also had it on there.
    08-11-08 08:22 AM
    My friends have smilies with verizon. So if I type :O) then a smiley will appear?
    I dont think so... My wife has a vzw phone that supports the SMS emo icons, but they dont show up on her handset if I try to send her one.. it still just shows up at : ) . also if she sends me one.. it shows up as a little square box on my BB
    08-11-08 08:22 AM
    Thanks! i do not know any BB users to use that feature.
    08-11-08 08:24 AM
    hey paula,

I bet on your other vzw phone you could make your texts as long as you wanted too right? There are some things you just have to get used to with the BB. I would never go back now though!
    08-11-08 08:24 AM
    Smilies and other enhanced SMS features are common on VZW dumbphones. Neither smilies nor any enhanced SMS features are available on VZW Blackberries or on MotoQ phones. I don't know about Palms on VZW.
    08-11-08 08:25 AM
    Try this:
    Download Berricons - Emoticons for BlackBerry 1.0.6 for Blackberry Free Trial - Softpedia

Never mind, looks like that is just for email won't work in SMS
    08-11-08 08:26 AM
    Berricons - Emoticons for BlackBerry description Download

Express yourself with Berricons! Now works with Text Messages! Now you can quickly and easily insert emoticons in your messages using Berricons. You will never have to remember how to type all those funny faces again.

Berricons is an add on for your BlackBerry that presents itself as an extra menu item in most applications. Berricons will allow you to add text emoticons to most text fields.

For example, choose Berricons while composing a message and you will be presented with a scrollable list of smilies to choose from. Select the appropriate image, and the emoticon will be inserted into your email as text. There is even a title
    Last edited by PaulaJayne; 08-11-08 at 08:33 AM.
    08-11-08 08:30 AM
    I guess I didn't read far enough, LOL. I'll take another look.
    08-11-08 08:32 AM
    Isn't there a free SMS program available on the crackberry sit that allows you to use smilies and other graphics?
    08-11-08 08:34 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD