Since the Iphone 5 have been released many were very disappointed by how it didn't "Wow!" everyone and so on. Many arguments can be drawn to how the Iphone 5 have everything Android had for about a year, and its the same Iphone as the Iphone 4s. But could Smartphones be reaching their limits in terms innovation and use.
    Our smartphones are having things added to them each year, its even gotten to the point that we are able to speak to them and they are able to do commands and send texts via voice or write them through our voices. But how is a cellular device is becoming more than just a thing we have in our pockets to being an internet hot spot, and even able to handle our documents and work on something that fits in the palm of our hand.
    But what is the next big thing? What can the Iphone, android, Blackberry, or windows phones do besides becoming a computer, wireless connection, tv, cell phone, talking device do next? Do you think cell phone compaines such as RIM who fell underneath the radar is planning the next big thing in anther market? Or is Apple hiding something big for next year, for example.
    09-16-12 09:38 PM
    The next big thing is a complete and unified "Flow" experience for all aspects of life
    09-16-12 10:24 PM
    I do not believe so. there always people and companies innovating new tech and how to use it. In the retail industry tech is moving very fast on how we use our mobile devices. they are becoming personal shopping assistants and store maps. We may see a slow down but it will always be improving. Someday we may have holographic phones!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-16-12 10:42 PM
    I certainly wouldn't predict that smartphones have reached their apex based on iPhone 5! LOL.

That said, smartphones constantly amaze me. Just when I can't think of any more things they could do, some programmer/developer/hardware genius is coming up with the next great trend.

Many of you will suppose that unless The Mighty Apple comes out with it, it won't go anywhere, but I wouldn't look to Apple at all.

When iPad and iphone accessories can be purchased at Dollarama ... well you get the picture ...
    09-16-12 10:42 PM
    I certainly wouldn't predict that smartphones have reached their apex based on iPhone 5! LOL.

That said, smartphones constantly amaze me. Just when I can't think of any more things they could do, some programmer/developer/hardware genius is coming up with the next great trend.

Many of you will suppose that unless The Mighty Apple comes out with it, it won't go anywhere, but I wouldn't look to Apple at all.

When iPad and iphone accessories can be purchased at Dollarama ... well you get the picture ...

i agree with the programmer / developer part creating something new an amazing... however (and i am BlackBerry by Choice and WP7 user) Apple is typically the catalyst that creates change in the mobile computing industry, i do hope that Microsoft and RIM can change that though; well to at least some degree.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-16-12 11:11 PM
    Smartphones have not reached their limit. They're currently blocked off from major software programs like Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop.

Android has the specs; but, not the connections. Apple is obliviously twirling around in circles. Microsoft is moving at a snails pace. WP8 will share a kernel with Windows RT. -.-
    09-16-12 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD