In todays world Smartphone and there application and played a good role be at any field . wither be at medical , business etc. We have seem some drastic change due to some apps came into business. I have tried few apps from google play
    08-23-13 01:59 AM
    iOS is already making huge headway in getting devices in hospitals and such. Im not concerned with security really, im more concerned about my actual treatment that I am there for!
    Yes and no. They are certainly trying, but apple doesn't make widely used medical devices or data collection tools, at least not ones that any of us use that are compliant with the regulations. I do see ipads used for remote data capture to some degree, but there are many niche providers of this sort of thing that are more commonly used because the devices are supported by built in software.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 07:12 AM
    Look, when it comes to medical data collection the hardware is largely irrelevant. To meet international and local regulations there are various levels of security required but all of these are beyond what the average consumer deals with.

For example if you are collecting data for a clinical trial of a new drug your software must be 21CFR part11 compliant, which us a huge ordeal and deals with electronic signatures to ensure no changes can be made to the data without them being tracked. If you are a hospital dealing with patient data you will generally just encrypt everything and keep it locked down inside your organization, other than the data that has to be sent to government bodies (e.g OHIP billing records). And, for Big Data initiatives such as I am involved with, there is a need to use elaborate linking and encryption protocols, as well as better than bank level security for data transfer, aggregation and storage.

But here's the problem and the opportunity. Many hospitals and most academic research teams are not compliant. They may not even be aware of the regulations. This is changing rapidly, though, particularly with the widespread interest in medical big data.

Consequently there is a large and growing market for solutions. BlackBerry is particularly well positioned to provide these kinds of solutions, or at least some of them if they integrated with the right people. Frankly I don't see apple being in the running at all. They would have to learn to play well with others and I can tell you that not one of the big data teams internationally has any intention of basing anything important on Apple.

Google may be a different story because they are heavily invested in big data analysis. Now, nothing against Google, but they're amateurs when it comes to medical big data... they have no access or expertise in imaging and genomics data.

So there's an opportunity for BlackBerry. And it's a huge market, not only because of the number of people involved, but because of what medical big data will mean to the future of medicine... it's difficult to overstate this.

And who knows, maybe someone at BlackBerry is paying attention. I sure hope so.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 07:30 AM
28 12