This may be a really easy to answer question, but i've actually spent some time looking into this and can't find anything definitive online, so i turn to you BB experts!

Theres obviously a massive push on smartphones with their ecosystems, cloud storage etc etc.....but the one thing I'm craving is to have my smartphone connect to my local, home network. I have a server at home that my computer, laptops, ps3 etc etc all connect to and stream music, photos, videos etc off of. But i have never been able to find a phone that can connect to these networks. Annoyingly my iPad doesn't either, and seems to fall into the same category as the smart phones. Now sure, streaming something to my 9900 would obviously be a waste of time, but with the BB10 line coming, its something I would love to see but again, very much doubt I will.

Why is this network connection not possible on smartphones in general? Its connecting to my wifi network, so why can't it identify and access hardware on the network too? Am i missing a trick, is there an app that would let me do this? It just seems something so simple, and the final 'tick' that would make my phone the ultimate go to device for everything.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    12-12-12 04:07 AM
    12-12-12 07:22 AM
    Set up Home Sharing on your iPad. Takes about 2 minutes, less if you type fast. Works the same on iPhone and iPod.
    12-12-12 08:47 AM