Hi Guys,

So my Marketing Research group needs people to fill our our smartphone survey... someone actually asked me if blackberry was a smartphone and yes, it is... it's under the "other" category", but you guys probably all know that lol. Basically we are trying to figure out what keeps smartphone users from owning an iPhone... is it the iPhone itself or is it it's carrier... thanks

Smartphone Survey

~jessie
    11-20-10 11:12 AM
    BlackBerry was one of the first "smartphones" and is not in some subcategory called "other." The iPhone is also a "smartphone." I have both an iPhone and a BlackBerry; both are on T-Mobile.
    11-20-10 11:19 AM
    Very good Survey
    I like you integrate all the question most people will ask
    11-20-10 11:54 AM
    I believe the survey needs to be fine-tuned.

Reading some of the questions on the survey, I feel like it's a actually an "Android or iPhone? and what do you think about AT&T?" survey. I understand what the questions are asking but, I suggest rewording some of them; a few of them are a little confusing and redundant. One of them is just a statement (not an actual question) with yes or no options for an answer. It seems as if you guys are trying to find out how much we like the iPhone and how much we like our phone. We have to answer question about things we may not own or have knowledge of (e.g., questions 12 and 14).
    Last edited by CASH; 11-20-10 at 12:03 PM.
    11-20-10 12:00 PM
    Is your current phone "jailbroken".... No... it's an Android, it's Rooted...
    11-20-10 12:03 PM
    Is your current phone "jailbroken".... No... it's an Android, it's Rooted...
    One of the points I was trying to make.

Different words mean the same thing on different devices.

iPhone = Jailbroken
    Android/Windows Mobile/Windows Phone 7 = Rooted
    Etc etc = ____
    11-20-10 12:09 PM
    thanks for the input guys there are four students in our group so making a survey in which all agree upon what is a good question is hard. i did want to include "blackberry" as an option, but it was voted down. and yes, there are problems with the "jailbroken" question too. we will probably not use that one in our analysis, but it's in the survey and we can't change it now lol.
    11-20-10 12:17 PM
    thanks for the input guys there are four students in our group so making a survey in which all agree upon what is a good question is hard. i did want to include "blackberry" as an option, but it was voted down. and yes, there are problems with the "jailbroken" question too. we will probably not use that one in our analysis, but it's in the survey and we can't change it now lol.
    Understood. What's your major and what year are you? I go to UWM.
    11-20-10 12:30 PM
    Senior. Dual concentration in Business Management and Marketing.
    11-22-10 11:37 AM
    Nice survey good luck on the assignment
    11-22-10 12:53 PM
    Wish I could complete your survey for you, but I've never even used an iPhone, so I cannot rate it. Also, we've never had cell service through AT&T, so I cannot answer those either.
    11-22-10 01:55 PM
    MamaBee- the survey is based upon perceptions of the iPhone and AT&T. In general marketers have found that most people have opinions on things that they have no experience with, however, they act upon those perceptions as though they were reality. Of course, that's just in general, there will always been some people who have no opinions.

~jessie
    11-27-10 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD