This makes no sense. You're telling the OP to burn his upgrade on an iPhone, probably get his account requisitioned for non-BIS data, then go through the hassle of selling his (used, by now) iPhone, and buy a BB10 phone most likely at retail price since he's already wasted his upgrade and deal with his carrier to have his BIS plan put back on.

OP, if I were you, I'd wait it out with the Curve you're using, or if the Curve isn't cutting it for you, upgrade to another device/platform you like and stick with it. There's no guarantee BB10 devices will be released on time (if at all), or, more importantly, if you'll even like them. Then, when your next upgrade comes, hopefully BB10 will be out and still around, and device/OS bugs will have been addressed.
    Agreed, stay away from the horrendous money magnet that is the iPhone. You probably won't have the cash for it in the first place and you would have to get it used as well which does nothing in terms of profits.

Don't get a 9900 as well, it doesn't scale well with the current range of phones you can get at that price point...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-09-12 03:40 AM
    Hi guys, thanks for all you replies. I am happy with the Curve and it does its job, I want to upgrade because I can and because theres the offer of a Bold there.

I think the best option could be to save up for the BB10, although that could come at a cost of �40 a month! I'm looking at around �25, �30 max per month.

And those of you saying to get a PlayBook, I've already got one!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    08-09-12 04:30 AM
    Quit eating expensive food every month and you should get enough for BB10...you will be slimmer and you sure wont regret it.:.
    08-09-12 04:37 AM
    Agreed, stay away from the horrendous money magnet that is the iPhone. You probably won't have the cash for it in the first place and you would have to get it used as well which does nothing in terms of profits.

Don't get a 9900 as well, it doesn't scale well with the current range of phones you can get at that price point...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    No he didn't say that at all....ipad user. What he said was but an iphone and sell it for profit. You can buy it OOC or in contract, you don't have to activate it at all. You can just buy it, hold onto it for 30 days and if you sell it for money, you win, if you don't return it.......sure you pay a $35 restocking fee(shouldn't it if was never opened) but not a bad idea
    08-09-12 07:19 AM
    No he didn't say that at all....ipad user. What he said was but an iphone and sell it for profit. You can buy it OOC or in contract, you don't have to activate it at all. You can just buy it, hold onto it for 30 days and if you sell it for money, you win, if you don't return it.......sure you pay a $35 restocking fee(shouldn't it if was never opened) but not a bad idea
    It's not I can hold anyone from phone swapping the way you described, but the logic of doing so really baffles me...
    08-09-12 10:34 AM
    I would say wait, and save up the money before then...
    Indeed. Many are doing their part to facilitate the Osborne Effect for RIM - as am I
    08-09-12 12:37 PM
    It's a free market of supply and demand, why do you think baseball tickets cost more than doctors visits (w/insurance)
    08-09-12 06:25 PM
    Sure, but do you really want to blow an upgrade (which could very well go towards a new BB10 phone in the future) just to make a profit of, at most, a few hundred dollars? Does not make an ounce of sense and I would certainly not recommend that unless someone has either deep pockets or a decent amount of unused contracts lying around and want to use them for upgrades. It seems that the OP is neither.
    08-09-12 11:29 PM
    Yeah but he is in the UK, truthfully those days you can get as good a day haggling with the networks as you can using renewing the contract , indeed upgrading often leads to a sucker's contract and you often get a better deal by leaving the contract, porting your number to another network (on payg) and then going back to the original network as a 'new' contract.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    08-10-12 10:28 AM
    A bit of a hassle isn't it?
    08-11-12 12:58 PM
    A bit of a hassle isn't it?
    Even if you simply switch networks, you can get a better deal playing them off against each rather then talking the sucker's upgrade. The trick they usual do is offer your capacity that you will never use (such as doubling your minutes) rather than reducing the actual cost of the contract.
    08-11-12 01:16 PM
    buy a used 9900/30 or just get one.

i see no point in waiting for something with no real release date or features.

the 9900 is not a bad phone. its the best Blackberry out right now.
    08-13-12 11:20 AM
    buy a used 9900/30 or just get one.

i see no point in waiting for something with no real release date or features.

the 9900 is not a bad phone. its the best Blackberry out right now.
    I second that.. That's exactly what I did left to try out windows phone and came right back got a brand new bold 9900 I'm very happy with my decision.. And when bb 10 comes out ill make my decision on what I wanna do till then I'm enjoying the best BlackBerry on the market..
    08-13-12 05:00 PM
    It's always good to upgrade to a Bold 9930. If BB10 comes out then upgrade again. It's just money you will always make it and spend it.
    08-13-12 05:04 PM
    Also a Bold will get you ready for the BB10 Bold.
    08-13-12 05:05 PM
    Probably not smart...but it'll feel sooooo good!

I just upgraded out of contract for a 9900 even though BB10 is coming soon.
    08-13-12 05:16 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD