Can you please share the link or at least the UK model number for the charger?
    It appears the UK version is an AC-6X.
    http://www.telcomponents.com/Genuine...s_Charger.html
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=...bUvbUpU6915039

You may wish to give the seller a call and ask if it is indeed "OEM Nokia" & if it puts out "5V@550mA".
    Last edited by olblueyez; 12-06-11 at 09:24 PM.
    12-06-11 08:34 PM
    strange enough i found a charger that fits the 9900 that is .5 and decided to give it a try and 18 hrs later its at 50%
    HershL likes this.
    12-09-11 11:12 PM
    How do I know how quickly or slowly the USB charge is? How does it compare to the 550mA wall charger?
    12-10-11 01:49 AM
    USB port on PC supply 400 mA so it reasonable to assum that wall charger are faster. But too slow of a charge won't necessarily equal longer life.
    12-10-11 03:42 AM
    Thanks a bunch!
    12-10-11 08:13 PM
    Should I go with a nokia charger or my 9900s usb cable (charging via computer) ??
    12-14-11 10:28 AM
    Should I go with a nokia charger or my 9900s usb cable (charging via computer) ??
    Nokia

Your USB ports "share power" since they are connected in pairs.

You may find topping off the battery with USB to be fine but I have a hunch that charging your phone when the battery is low will take forever. You also have to consider the state of your USB ports when your computer is off/sleeping/left on etc. Power output can be found in the Windows Control Panel and you may have power management options in Windows as well as your computer bios.

Run your battery down to 15 or 20 percent and let it sit plugged into your computer over night. Then let us know how it does. It might just work. Its hard to give people a definitive answer to this question because everyone isn't using the same computer with the same settings.

I will post some more info on computer settings when I get home from the grocery store.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 12-14-11 at 12:02 PM.
    Berrywannabe likes this.
    12-14-11 12:00 PM
    The computer does take a long time compared to a 550mA, and I don't know if I noticed a huge difference compared to the wall charger.
    12-14-11 08:07 PM
    Using a slower charger should be better for the battery's long term health. Check out Battery University. Great advice there.
    A good concept in most cases, but not always true and the underlying reasons are interesting.

The killers for most batteries are usually overheating during charging, and overcharging. Historically that tended to happen most often with a high charge rate (more heat) on the old style NiCd cells which would heat rapidly as a response to overcharging. That was one of the main causes of the so-called memory effect - fast charge timed to charge a fully depleted pack but presented with a half charged battery.

The current crop of lithium based smart batteries are much better behaved and don't get so warm on fast charge but they still don't like overcharge. For safety the built-in sensor/charging circuits often shut down a fast charge at about 98%, and may or may not go to reduced rate trickle to top-up the last few percent. However, it appears a lower constant charge rate may trigger a different shutdown profile in some microprocessor controlled chargers, and the battery will be taken direct to 100% of sensed capacity. Although it takes longer to get there it may get a few milliwatt-hours more charge.

Note that the differentiating factor is the actual charge rate delivered to the battery, and NOT the rated maximum output of the charging supply. Most smartphones are supplied with a charger "brick" rated between 500-700mA, but this is only the maximum output of the power supply. The actual charging control circuits are in the phone and/or battery and they will regulate the applied current within (less than) the limit of the supply's capability. As a result it doesn't make any difference if an over-rated supply is used, the excess current is simply not used. Think of that like driving a Ferrari through city traffic, with your right foot as the controller. The engine may be capable of producing 600bhp but you probably never allow it to deliver more than 100bhp to the wheels.
    12-14-11 09:16 PM
    Have you tried both chargers?
    12-15-11 08:44 PM
    w org indonesia nih, pd pke bhs indo dnk, hehehehe
    12-16-11 12:39 AM
    Will it make a difference if I get the Nokia charger, but plug it into the 9900 charging pod?

I'm a fan of the ease of charging through the pod overnight and would like to keep doing it that way if possible.
    12-23-11 06:12 PM
    Will it make a difference if I get the Nokia charger, but plug it into the 9900 charging pod?

I'm a fan of the ease of charging through the pod overnight and would like to keep doing it that way if possible.
    Nah, charging pod makes no difference. The Nokia has a nice long cord too so it might even allow you to put the pod where you want it. RIM cracks me up, a 3 foot USB cable for charging.

How many places in your home do you have where you have a table or counter to rest your Blackberry where a power socket is 3 feet away?

Kinda narrows things down a bit doesn't it? Or you could pay another 20 plus dollars for a 6 foot RIM USB cable that Monoprice will sell you for $1.50. And even if you did that you would still have a crap charger.
    12-24-11 06:37 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD