Incoming email has slowed way down over the past few days. Often takes 20-30 minutes after I see it on my inbox on my comuputer. Used to be much faster. Wondering if is this usually a RIM issue or a carrier issue. I am on Verizon in Northeast Ohio. New to crackberry. Love the site. Thanks for any feedback
    09-17-10 09:36 PM
    What kind of email? Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, something else?

Have you resent your service books?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-17-10 11:53 PM
    Our company hosts its own mail, but I have a personal gmail account set up as well and it is also moving slowly. I will try resending service books. Thanks so much for the help.
    09-18-10 06:05 AM
    Your company's email might be POP3 only. If that is the case, the BlackBerry will check every 5-15 minutes for new messages. That is a limitation of the protocol. But your Gmail should be almost instantaneous, since it is IMAP. Resending the service books should help.

09-18-10 10:23 AM
    My Yahoo Small Biz email has been sporadic all week -- some emails pushed instantly (like normal), others arriving 45 minutes or more after hitting desktop. Gmail has been fine all along (i.e., almost instant). Resent service books several times -- no improvement. Tour 9630 BIS VZW 5.0.0.732
    09-18-10 01:38 PM
    Mine's been slow on yahoo. Now for all the email accounts, they won't come to my BB unless i open a browser page.
    09-24-10 02:10 AM
    I have also been having this problem with intermittent delays in receiving my Yahoo small business email on my BB. I know there are several threads in this section and the "Service Outages" section of the forums dealing with the issue. My Gmail works fine. I have resent service books and deleted and re-added my Yahoo account to my BB several times.

I am trying to implement a work-around, but I need help with the last piece of the puzzle. I intend to set my Yahoo account to forward all of my emails to my Gmail account, and I have already set up my Gmail account to use my Yahoo account small business domain for sending (i.e., having Gmail use my Yahoo address to send via smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com).

So far, so good. This would give me instant push to my BB of emails sent to my Yahoo account because they would be forwarded to my Gmail, and Gmail is still being pushed w/o delay to my BB. I could then reply to these emails from my desktop PC with it appearing to the recipient that I am sending from my Yahoo address.

However, I cannot figure out how to use Gmail to send from my Yahoo address on my BB. Any ideas?
    09-24-10 10:06 AM
    opened a ticket with RIM. I was pretty quickly escalated up to TIER 2, and workied with them on the phone for a few hours trying to do different things to test the problem, and narrow it down. At the end of the day yesterday, they escalated it to TIER 3, and told me to call back in the morning (since I had to leave work - they would have stayed on the phone with me longer).

I called back today, but the tech assigned to my problem wasn't in. However, I spoke to a few other techs there (I called back a few times), who assured me that the team was looking into it. Each tech spent at least a few minutes with me, running some more tests, checking the BIS logs, etc. None of them seemed to be in a big hurry to get me off the phone (which is not the usual experience with any tech support these days!). They told me I can call back any time for a status update if I wanted to, and they would contact me if they needed more information or to do more testing.

I spoke to them again about half an hour ago. They told me that at this point, they have started to get more reports of this issue, as more people notice that the problem is affecting them, and isn't going away. They have an active case open with Yahoo, and are working with the Yahoo engineers to get the problem fixed on Yahoo's end as quickly as possible. They have no ETA at this time, however.

If you haven't done so already, call your carrier to open a ticket, and ask them to open a case with RIM for you. (If you call RIM directly, they usually try to charge you for phone support)
    Edit/Delete Message
    09-28-10 02:25 PM
    I just noticed that none of my emails are being delivered to my BB... Haven't received any mails on the device since around 1 p.m.
    09-28-10 03:03 PM
    First try a battery pull with the phone on. If no joy, try re-registering your Host Routing Table (Options > Advanced > Hosy Routing Table) and also resending your service books if necessary. If you need help doing that, post back.

09-28-10 08:59 PM
    Specifically, a Gmail account. I am finding Yahoo Mail very slow and cumbersome.
    09-28-10 11:07 PM
    09-28-10 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD