Anyone else noticing a slowness in browsing speeds as of the last few weeks via the BB Browser? Sometimes it's fine, then other times it's super slow... like tonight...
    01-16-10 09:30 PM
    seems the same to me
    01-16-10 09:35 PM
    I thought it was my perception. It seems slow to me as well. So much, that I am minimizing the apps that are running.
    01-17-10 12:29 AM
    Horribly slow tonight as well. But I'm only surfing crackberry so it could be their site, too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 12:33 AM
    Yes, which is why I finally broke down a couple of weeks ago and decided to try the Opera beta 5.2. I always found the browser annoying on earlier attempts, having to manually get the keyboard up/down. But I have to confess that I'm really liking this new version. It's as fast as my sons Droid browser and I've yet to come across a web site that it doesn't work on.
    01-17-10 12:13 PM
    Yes, which is why I finally broke down a couple of weeks ago and decided to try the Opera beta 5.2. I always found the browser annoying on earlier attempts, having to manually get the keyboard up/down. But I have to confess that I'm really liking this new version. It's as fast as my sons Droid browser and I've yet to come across a web site that it doesn't work on.
    Yeah, I definitely enjoyed Opera 5 Beta 2 as well. A lot faster than the native browser but the only thing that really annoys me about the browser is the terrible cursor speed.
    01-17-10 12:21 PM
    Anyone else noticing a slowness in browsing speeds as of the last few weeks via the BB Browser? Sometimes it's fine, then other times it's super slow... like tonight...
    Actually, I'm *impressed* with the EDGE speeds I've been getting on my unlocked Storm 2. Much quicker than my 8900 and even my myTouch 3G when I had it.
    01-17-10 03:00 PM
    The browser has been really slow the last couple days. Been using opera 5 and its years faster so im staying with that for awhile.
    01-18-10 12:18 AM
    I don't know if it's slower or not. I'm so used to the screen dimming and then me falling asleep while a page is loading that I wouldn't know the difference between 5 minutes and 6 minutes...
    01-18-10 02:00 AM
    Clear your caches
    01-18-10 02:05 AM
    Clear your caches
    yes,this can be one of the reasons for slow speeds; and also better to use the OM or Bolt browser.
    01-18-10 02:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD