Going to check out this app later today for sure
    01-08-09 06:19 PM
    The site says you should have at least 500MB of free storage on your media card. Probably the ONLY negative.
    Indeed, it the only negative for me so far as well. I have been using it on my puter as well. Very nice.
    01-08-09 06:44 PM
    Unfortunately I havent been able to get this ap to work with Stereo Bluetooth. I assume it's not supported, unless its just my Bold. Anyone had any luck?
    01-08-09 07:22 PM
    Nice app. I wish they would add a little talk radio but other than that it is great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 08:32 PM
    I've been waiting for this since it was announced in Sept. 08 for my 8130 - unfortunately much to my disappointment after installing, creating an account, and opening one of the pre-set stations, I got the following error:

"An error has occurred. Please try your request later."!!

The fix is to set all the apps permissions to 'Allow' under Advanced Options>Apps.. (Or just set them during the install.)

Works great now - by far the best streaming radio player for BBs i've come across (looks great and it works very well).
    Thanks! this fixed my problem on my 8130 as well!
    01-08-09 09:23 PM
    Any guess when this will be available for the storm?
    01-08-09 10:12 PM
    No ETA

Slacker supports any BlackBerry with OS 4.3 or higher. Support for the BlackBerry Storm isn’t available yet but its coming soon.
    01-08-09 10:15 PM
    So far I am loving this. The station caching feature is a great idea.
    Seems a tad slow navigating menus, but that I can more than live with.
    It'll be interesting to see how much data this uses.
    01-08-09 11:28 PM
    Does using this suck your battery down, or is it no different than using the browser app?
    01-09-09 12:01 AM
    Ughh... I'm stuck with a lame 1gb sd card. I'm afraid to test drive this app because I don't want to mess up my BB. Anyone use it with 250mb remaining? Do you think its safe to use for a few songs. Either way I'm buying a 4gb card tommorow on eBay.

01-09-09 12:46 AM
    Ughh... I'm stuck with a lame 1gb sd card. I'm afraid to test drive this app because I don't want to mess up my BB. Anyone use it with 250mb remaining? Do you think its safe to use for a few songs. Either way I'm buying a 4gb card tommorow on eBay.
    Why not go for an 8 GB?
    01-09-09 12:52 AM
    I been waiting for something like this for the longest. Just downloaded not and I'm loving it. Not sure what its going to do to my battery life.
    01-09-09 01:09 AM
    i'm wondering about battery life as well. Will it take much more to run this than just listening to mp3s loaded on the sd card?

The menu is pretty slow for me too. i don't mind too much bc i don't flip and skip around the stations often.

Browsing the internet while streaming is no fun. It's really SLOW. Anyone else getting that?

01-09-09 06:06 AM
    Does using this suck your battery down, or is it no different than using the browser app?
    I been waiting for something like this for the longest. Just downloaded not and I'm loving it. Not sure what its going to do to my battery life.
    i'm wondering about battery life as well. Will it take much more to run this than just listening to mp3s loaded on the sd card?
    Ran Slacker for 3 consecutive hours, while holding a BBM chat, answering and
    sending emails and a few text messages. From fully charged to when
    stopped, battery was down to 85%. Pretty good. Doesn't look like it
    has anymore overhead than playing audio files.
    01-09-09 06:22 AM
    Thanks for the report, AG! Sounds good.

01-09-09 06:23 AM
    I got this app. yesterday and agree that it is the best app. on my phone. I have a few hundred songs on my phone but never really seem to listen to them. After getting this I could not turn it off. I think it's that you get to hear new things.
    If I understood correctly, you need at least 500mb free on your card to cache stations I don't think you need it to just play streaming music. I only have about 250 mb free and it plays great . I'm not gonna cache anything until I get a bigger card.
    I have had 2 tiny problems, initially my headphones would not work but a battery pull fixed that. The other problem occurred when I recieved a call while listening. The phone and music player locked up and I got an "uncaught exception" error. After a minute or two everything sorted itself out and it started working again. Since then I've recieved calls while listening with no problem.
    Overall I would say this app. ROCKS!
    Tim
    Last edited by wallpaperguy; 01-09-09 at 08:20 AM.
    01-09-09 06:45 AM
    yeah i downloaded it the other day and i have been listening to it on my computer at work and with headphones in my truck.

question: is there any fm transmitters for the blackberry that i can use in my car?
    01-09-09 08:40 AM
    This app rocks!!
    01-09-09 09:05 AM
    Any FM transmitter that plugs into a 3.5mm headphone jack will work.

Here's a trick question: If I tether my laptop to my berry, and then hook up the USB to cache stations will it work?
    01-09-09 09:25 AM
    I'm gutted that this is only available in the US...
    My iPod has broken recently, so I could do with some way of listening to music
    01-09-09 10:03 AM
    although i set the permissions to "allow" im still getting the "error... please try again" pop-up... are there any other fixes for this?
    01-09-09 10:57 AM
    More thoughts on free versions of Slacker vs. Pandora: Slacker is to Artist as Pandora is to Song. I think Slacker has more commercials, but they're not unbearable, especially if I switch stations often enough. Slacker has a limited number of specific song requests, vs. the unlimited "seeds" in Pandora. I'm looking forward to giving the cache a try.
    01-09-09 10:57 AM
    Odd... If you want to load the the sync app and cache stations, you have to enable mass storage mode. But to PLAY the cached stations you have to turn mass storage mode OFF...
    01-09-09 12:07 PM
    Odd... If you want to load the the sync app and cache stations, you have to enable mass storage mode. But to PLAY the cached stations you have to turn mass storage mode OFF...
    I have been playing the stations I have cached since last night and not
    once have I had to turn mass storage mode off.
    01-09-09 12:23 PM
    Only if you haven't disconnected your BB from your computer after enabling MS mode.

Your BB can't access the memory card at the same time when your PC sees it as an external drive, hence it can't access the cached music files.

Just disconnect the BB from the computer and you won't have to go mess with those options.
    01-09-09 12:39 PM
130 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD