Okay- after further investigation... It appears that it was only necessary for the first go around. Once I finally got the stations cached, it seems to be fine and NOT have to play with the mass storage mode.
    01-09-09 12:41 PM
    Any guess when this will be available for the storm?
    No ETA

Slacker supports any BlackBerry with OS 4.3 or higher. Support for the BlackBerry Storm isn�t available yet but its coming soon.
    The current version will work on the Storm, though it's not officially supported. I can't post URLs yet, but search this forum for slacker_mobile.jad and you'll find the URL.

If you turn off compatibility mode, it works great with the touchscreen. The only bug seems to be that it cuts off the last 10-15 seconds of every song.
    01-09-09 12:41 PM
    Just got this app yesturday and it ewas exactly what I was looking forward to for a blackberry. A week or 2 ago I was actually using my sis's iPod touch and wondered if BB would get an app like this. And now here it is. I just got last night and am listening to it as I type. Its amazing. I already ordered a bigger SD on eBay so I can utilize it fully. Officially my favorite app on my 8330.
    01-09-09 12:55 PM
    More thoughts on free versions of Slacker vs. Pandora: Slacker is to Artist as Pandora is to Song. I think Slacker has more commercials, but they're not unbearable, especially if I switch stations often enough. Slacker has a limited number of specific song requests, vs. the unlimited "seeds" in Pandora. I'm looking forward to giving the cache a try.
    Were you able to download Pandora for your Verizon Curve?
    I went to Pandora's site and they only mentino Sprint, AT&T, & Windows Mobile phones.
    I downloaded Slacker, and enjoy it. I would like to know how they compare.
    01-09-09 02:05 PM
    Only real drawback is having to listen to commercials. Small price to pay for such a kewl app.

claire
    01-09-09 02:16 PM
    8830, had the 4.5.077 worked great, but had an issue where I couldn't set a ringtone for anything except phone calls, so rolled back to the last 'official o/s' 4.2.whatever and found that slacker not supported when are we getting an official, working 4.5 for 88xx!! :C
    01-09-09 02:20 PM
    I have pretty weak signal strength at my desk at work, and slacker will slowly load a song and play about 15-45 seconds of it then freeze...then reboot my BB!!

I'm gonna try to cache a station and see if that works any better.
    01-09-09 02:24 PM
    If they would just fix it so you can disable mds or choose TCP or BIS. Does not work if you are on BES and your firewall blocks the ports this app needs. Lame. Every other wireless app has this option.
    01-09-09 02:32 PM
    8830, had the 4.5.077 worked great, but had an issue where I couldn't set a ringtone for anything except phone calls, so rolled back to the last 'official o/s' 4.2.whatever and found that slacker not supported when are we getting an official, working 4.5 for 88xx!! :C
    I'm pretty sure AT&T does not have an 8830 as that is A CDMA device.

But for the other 88xx series phones that they do carry they have already
    released an official 4.5

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-09-09 at 02:44 PM.
    01-09-09 02:39 PM
    i downloaded it and it comes to a sign in page, but i cant click the become a slacker button to register. help?
    Technically this isn't for the storm, the storm version is still in development, that being said, while I was trying to log in, i had to disable and enable compatibility a few times to move the cursor to the fields, if your patient, you can do it. Awesome app btw, heading to the caching now...
    01-09-09 09:18 PM
    Get it today

Goto m.slacker.com on your BB and click the download link.

liam
    thanks man, sounds cool, i'll check it out!
    01-09-09 09:29 PM
    It works outstanding on Sprint 8330, I came across some old haven't heard in years "Smiths" and "Echo & Bunnymen" songs using today........needles to say they got the limewire download to Ipod
    01-10-09 01:56 PM
    Thanks goes out to the developers of slacker this is a great app!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 08:48 PM
    Not sure if i'm noticing something here or not:

Is anyone getting a memory leak after installing Slacker? With the app closed of course, are you seeing a significant loss in free memory in the device?

Not talking about the memory card cache.

i'm not sure if i'm getting memory leak from Slacker or just my normal small amount and i'm watching it too closely.

Thanks for any insight.

01-11-09 05:26 AM
    Were you able to download Pandora for your Verizon Curve?
    I went to Pandora's site and they only mentino Sprint, AT&T, & Windows Mobile phones.
    I downloaded Slacker, and enjoy it. I would like to know how they compare.
    No - they're working on it, and I was trying to decide whether or not to hold out for it, but I've decided that I like Slacker enough to stop holding my breath. I feel like I have more control over the station content, and I think the free version with the customizable station feature combined with song requests is SWEET (need to access Slacker via computer).
    01-11-09 09:44 AM
    As much as I hate to admit it, cause I love a couple of the flycast stations, Slacker is going to set the standard for streaming, between the content and caching no one else will be able to touch them, and i'm seeing this on a version that isn't all the way compatible with my storm..

01-11-09 08:54 PM
    I agree. It is a great app. Can't wait to watch them grow. I would love to see them add some podcast functionality

01-11-09 09:03 PM
    I got a full review from Slacker radio at CES and it definately a awesome app. When I was shown the capabilites, I was really excited. It give it two thumbs up!
    01-11-09 09:25 PM
    Slacker FTW!

I need a new memory card now!

01-12-09 12:12 AM
    I love this app! Free streaming music has gone to a new level. The only complaint I have is that I can only adjust the volume when I'm in the slacker program. Other than that, no complaints!
    01-12-09 12:18 AM
    Hands down, great app. Its the only way I get through work in the morning. It does freeze up sometimes cause of signal strength I guess. But works great most of the time.

02-21-09 03:22 PM
    i put this app on my bb yesterday and tried it out today and i LOVE it!! omg the best app ever!
    02-21-09 10:19 PM
    Great app, now if I could only find a station I like...

02-22-09 09:37 AM
    This is a great app. I was once an xm subscriber as well. I plan on making good use of this one!

02-22-09 11:25 AM
    slacker as a great app that it is .....is even worth playn it wit its so called commercials
    I get ppl asking how many songs i have on my berry and its slacker playn ...its just great
    02-22-09 11:30 AM
130 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD