If Skype and BBM are both Cross platform? Which would be better?
    If BB10 does not get Skype, Would having BBM open to every platform compensate for it?
    11-22-12 11:43 PM
    Starcraft2 on BBM !!!! Add PIN 216CC317
    11-23-12 12:45 AM
    I reckon the answer to you question is yes, bbm cross platform video chat would most definetely comownsate for the lack of skype. by having bbm available to them, it means they also can stop using whatsapp et al, and use a truky superior instant messaging service.... so its killing 2 birda with one stone. somehoq I don't see this happening though
    11-23-12 05:46 AM
    If Skype and BBM are both Cross platform? Which would be better?
    If BB10 does not get Skype, Would having BBM open to every platform compensate for it?
    No. Because nobody wants to bother trying to convince all their Skype contacts to go and download and install a new app for their computer/smartphone/tablet. Even if you do go through with asking all your Skype contacts to do it, it's no guarantee that any significant number of them will bother to download and install a new app that basically does the same thing Skype already does. Basically, if Skype is important to you, there's no substitute. It's like trying to substitute MS Office. You can try to tell people OpenOffice or LibreOffice is just as good and it's free, but nobody wants to bother to switch if they already have MS Office.
    11-23-12 06:10 AM
    Many similar questions are being asked in this thread:http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-skype-751249/
    11-23-12 06:28 AM
    could you imagine that by using facetime over BBM it would be free overyour carrier network the same way BBM messaging is free and does not use up your data, how much of a money save would that be and how much of an incentive would that be for users to switch to blackberry, granted that would be a bandwidth hog and would more then likely bog down RIMs NOCs, but would be a great feature for anyone
    11-23-12 06:47 AM
    I concur with the general consensus of this thread in that I do believe cross-platform BBM with video capabities would more than compensate for lack of Skype. I'm sure BB fans would appreciate a native alternative anyhow.
    11-23-12 07:05 AM
    Well I guess if no one that uses skype will be willing to try or use something else then why bother I think family members wouldn't mind at all unless they don't care for you anyway.
    11-23-12 08:06 AM