Does it exist?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 11:43 PM
    12-19-10 11:45 PM
    Don't be a smart alek.

12-20-10 06:11 AM
    only if you're using verizon.. check out skypedotcom/mobile (had to type it this way as i only have 3 posts )
    12-20-10 06:30 AM
    Just get urself the all in one messenger IM+ - it has skype as well, the free lite version has a 30minute-limit after connecting tho

12-20-10 06:54 AM
    Don't be a smart alek.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=29604908

there are a ton of threads on this very subject already.
    12-20-10 08:06 AM
    Don't be a smart alek.

Don't be a dumb a$$!

There was no reason why you couldn't have searched that yourself. Did you even try searching at all? When you created this thread your answer probably popped up in the "similar threads like this" right below when you put the title in.

12-20-10 08:42 AM
    Get off the berry.

12-20-10 09:42 AM
    Don't be a dumb a$$!

There was no reason why you couldn't have searched that yourself. Did you even try searching at all? When you created this thread your answer probably popped up in the "similar threads like this" right below when you put the title in.

Exactly, you put it spot-on.

12-20-10 10:11 AM
    Geesh, the guy just asked a question. Could he have searched, sure, but it doesn't give you the right to be freakin' rude about it. There is a way to POLITELY tell the OP he could use the search function.
    12-20-10 10:33 AM
    Geesh, the guy just asked a question. Could he have searched, sure, but it doesn't give you the right to be freakin' rude about it. There is a way to POLITELY tell the OP he could use the search function.
    I usually do it the polite way, I only quoted that response, but would never say anything like what the respondent said.

12-20-10 10:41 AM
    I am disappointed to see this kind of response from our CrackBerry community.

The whole point of Web 2 is to support the exchange of information in near real time.

Just because a question has been debated in the past, that is no excuse for rudeness.

moiselles likes this.
    12-20-10 10:45 AM
    Yea... I'm not apologizing at all for my posts. I'm all for helping people and exchanging information, but I at least expect a little effort on other peoples part when looking for information. I mean, if the OP would have even went to skype.com they would have got their answer instantly, it wouldn't have even of taken the 2 minutes it took me to respond to this thread. What I first posted was more information than the OP will ever need about skype for BlackBerry. It also showed that if they would have just given a little more effort this thread wouldn't even have been needed.

What I hope the OP got from it was that they should maybe look around and give at least some effort before creating a new thread. That if they want our help, they should help too, by just trying. That "smart alek" comment was just a smart alek comment because the OP realized their mistake, and tried to put the blame on me for answering a question that was so simple.

If the OP would have been new, like under 10 posts and signed up last month I would have given the link to Skype for BlackBerry. The OP is not that new to the site, so should know better, which is why I'm not sorry for what I said...

12-20-10 11:32 AM
    Skype doesn't work on Telus.
    12-20-10 11:38 AM
    they should help too, by just trying. That "smart alek" comment was just a smart alek comment ...
    Your first post was likely intended to be amusing. You posted that sarcastic Let me Google that for you.

I read the OP response to acknowledge that and a humerous reply. From there, it took a dramatic turn into rudeness. I hope it was a misunderstanding and all parties can learn from the experience.

As for the OP question, I see several great answer replys with thoughtful comment and revelent links. That is what mades CrackBerry the premier Smartphone forum on the 'net.

12-20-10 01:35 PM
    Don't be a smart alek.

Don't be a dumb a$$!
    Lol, another exciting episode of "Rude Noobie Week" on CB
    12-20-10 01:37 PM
    Your first post was likely intended to be amusing. You posted that sarcastic Let me Google that for you.

I read the OP response to acknowledge that and a humerous reply. From there, it took a dramatic turn into rudeness. I hope it was a misunderstanding and all parties can learn from the experience.

As for the OP question, I see several great answer replys with thoughtful comment and revelent links. That is what mades CrackBerry the premier Smartphone forum on the 'net.

If i came across as a rude or out of line i din't mean to. Wasn't my intentions. I was just trying to supply links to similar threads. I don't know about the Skype on BB deal, being that i don't use skype or BB. but i know where the answers lay.
    12-20-10 01:48 PM
    I 4got the search function lol.when you search,there are so many threads how do you know which answer is best other than pming someone? 2 months is relatively new imo,being the 3g is my first handheld computer phone

12-20-10 01:59 PM
    I 4got the search function lol.when you search,there are so many threads how do you know which answer is best other than pming someone? 2 months is relatively new imo,being the 3g is my first handheld computer phone

I do not how you would tell which is a good thread to dig into i guess you would have to get a good cup of tea and start reading away.

I've recommend and would love to see an "answered" feature, for when a thread is answered to the OP's satisfaction he/she/they could mark the thread solved for future searches.
    12-20-10 02:01 PM
    stackberry, currently the Skype BlackBerry app only works on Verizon devices, only on the Verizon network and only in the US,

If you are looking for the IM capabilities of Skype and you aren't on Verizon, then you will need to look at other applications.
    12-20-10 02:03 PM
    Thanx,will do mama.you really ride a motorcycle?if so you are a brave one.

12-20-10 02:11 PM
    when you search,there are so many threads how do you know which answer is best other than pming someone? ...
    Excellent point, that is the strongest argument for the interactive nature of a Forum, sharing knowlage and information.

12-20-10 02:16 PM
    I'm relatively new to the forums and have seen many rude, snide remarks by MANY people and honestly, if I see them, new users see them and probably get discouraged from even asking questions. This is an open forum not only for discussions, but for questions and if we start biting someone's head off for asking a question, then that defeats the whole purpose of this great forum AND drives new users away.

Besides, while using the search function IS helpful, certain topics could be a few months old and there might be a NEW answer/app/fix/update that hasn't been discussed.

12-20-10 05:13 PM
    Thanx,will do mama.you really ride a motorcycle?if so you are a brave one.
    Yes, I do. And thanks.
    12-20-10 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD