So I've watched numerous videos sampling the features of the private beta for Skyfire and it is VERY impressive! I didn't make it in time to sign up for the private beta 1, but i did just sign up for private beta 2 via their website. Has anyone heard anything regarding skyfire support for BB? I'm really anxious to get my paws on skyfire because, don't get me wrong, I love Opera Mini, but it doesn't support flash and I, like many BB users love YouTube and with flash capabilities the possibilities seem endless!!
    07-08-08 12:16 AM
    I've never even heard of this but I'm a web junkie so I'll have to check it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 12:31 AM
    I didn't think this was supporting the Blackberry.

07-08-08 12:36 AM
    I just signed up even though said only Win Mo is the only group to get love. But they said will text when they have support for us.
    07-08-08 12:37 AM
    I didn't think this was supporting the Blackberry.

yes correct, as of now skyfire does not support BB, BUT they do hint that they plan to in the future which would be great because it's by far the best mobile web browser out there.
    07-08-08 12:52 AM
    pardon the n00b question, but would this be considered a full browser, similar to the browser on the iPhone?
    07-08-08 01:09 AM
    pardon the n00b question, but would this be considered a full browser, similar to the browser on the iPhone?
    Oh don't worry at all... I am very much a noob cake. But yes Skyfire is considered a "full browser." It is supposedly exactly the same as the browsers that we use on our PC's and notebooks and such.
    07-08-08 01:52 AM
    well, that would be pretty BA, hope they come out with it for BBOS in a quick like fashion.
    07-08-08 01:57 AM
    oh yes indeed that would be wonderful... but i can't happen to notice that you aren't even a blackberry or smartphone user? or is that just an error in your personal info?
    07-08-08 02:02 AM
    not an error, but, I am getting one within the month, and want to know what is going on with my new device before I get it.
    07-08-08 02:14 AM
    Well I applaud you for being a very smart purchaser and WELCOME TO CRACKBERRY!
    07-08-08 02:23 AM
    I would love a full browser! Win month doesn't come with one? Are they gimped like we are?

07-08-08 02:28 AM
    Thank you for the welcome, yeah, I try to be educated, that, and I had to get my crack some where, after I played with one of my friends, I had to have one.
    07-08-08 02:37 AM
    Thank you for the welcome, yeah, I try to be educated, that, and I had to get my crack some where, after I played with one of my friends, I had to have one.
    I fell in love the moment my finger tips first grazed its sleek, sexy, slender body... mmm I get the CHILLS just thinking about it
    07-10-08 08:59 PM
    Skyfire is considered a "full browser." It is supposedly exactly the same as the browsers that we use on our PC's and notebooks and such.
    Thanks. You've answered my question as well. That's what I read in my research, but I wanted to confirm.

Can't wait!
    07-03-09 12:20 AM
    Thanks. You've answered my question as well. That's what I read in my research, but I wanted to confirm.

Can't wait!
    Good to know some people are actually using the search feature rather then starting new threads! I am definately excited for SkyFire.. waiting patiently for mannnny new apps!
    07-03-09 12:23 AM
    I just signed up...But they said will text when they have support for us.
    How/where do you sign up, and how do you get this notification?

Sorry If I'm being dense, but I've been on Skyfire's website and don't see this option.
    07-03-09 12:25 AM
    Good to know some people are actually using the search feature rather then starting new threads!
    Well, unlike other forms I visit, the search on this one is *so* easy to find (in my opinion), and I try to be as little annoying as possible Plus, these forms come up in a google search.

That's how I found this place. Glad I signed up! I just joined about a week ago, and can already tell what a great community of people we have here.

Refreshing, compared to other places.
    07-03-09 12:34 AM
    Well, unlike other forms I visit, the search on this one is *so* easy to find (in my opinion), and I try to be as little annoying as possible Plus, these forms come up in a google search.

That's how I found this place. Glad I signed up! I just joined about a week ago, and can already tell what a great community of people we have here.

Refreshing, compared to other places.
    True, everytime I use Google and have BlackBerry mentioned in the search box, CB is one of the first sites to pop up This truly is one of the best communities I've been part of!

And also to answer your previous question, I checked the quote you posted and it was made a year ago, so I would presume that the private beta has been closed for quite the time
    07-03-09 12:37 AM
    [QUOTE=raji.t;2945868]

everytime I use Google and have BlackBerry mentioned in the search box, CB is one of the first sites to pop up
    Yep. Same with me. And, to be honest, I always check CB first! This is really a great community.

And also to answer your previous question, I checked the quote you posted and it was made a year ago, so I would presume that the private beta has been closed for quite the time
    oh wow. lol. Thanks for pointing that out! I wonder if that means anything good as to their support for the BB, if this has been in the works/rumor for over a year. I hope they still come to the BB!
    07-03-09 12:50 AM
    Umm , last i heard skyfire is going to be on bb , and is currently being tested on the bold.
    07-03-09 12:54 AM
    Umm , last i heard skyfire is going to be on bb , and is currently being tested on the bold.
    Couldn't find anything specific about testing on the bold, but I just did a quick google, and found several sites who say...

Skyfire can run on Windows Mobile and Symbian phones and is in alpha for the BlackBerry.
    07-03-09 01:07 AM
    This is correct, it is still in Alpha production.

I signed a bit back, but didn't get the invite. That being said, they're taking their time with it which hopefully it will be BAS when it releases.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a beta invite!

07-03-09 01:17 AM
    Wow, so its been in alpha for a year now? Even OSes don't take that long

07-03-09 01:37 AM

I signed a bit back, but didn't get the invite.

I'm still not understanding the sign up thing. Is there something I'm missing?
    07-03-09 01:40 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD