I love my Blackberry devices. I really do. I enjoy them daily. From the moment i wake up till i go to bed. It's only when i read some of the "Chicken Little" non-sense that is posted here sometimes that my confidence drops with RIM.

I know 90% of you are straight up normal people. My beef is with the clowns that have to post all the Apple or Android stuff. Saying things like "Oh is Apple going to own RIM". "Is the PB better than the ipad" ? and so on and so on.

Enjoy your phones and tablets and please spare us from your non-sense. Most of us like BlackBerry products. I don't care if Apple is making a new tablet that is 7". If you want to talk Apple go to an Apple forum and spread your dribble. There is so much negativity towards RIM on this forum.

There. I feel better now.
    03-01-12 07:24 PM
    Amen brother!!
    03-01-12 07:30 PM
    I agree with you, 100%. I am not against Apple or Android - they're great companies. But for people to come on here and bash RIM and/or BlackBerry products/owners... Number one, it's juvenile, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just as we are entitled to like BlackBerry and RIM, so are others allowed to like other carriers and products, too; but that should not mean that anyone should harass or belittle the "other side" just because of differing preferences. That seems to me to resemble kindergarten intelligence. We're all adults here; and the kind of civility we are all allowed to give and expect from others should not be taken away just because we're all in front of a screen; typing away and being anonymous. I'm fed up with the grief people seem to have over which brand of phone they use. If your phone works and you like it, then that's awesome; but that doesn't mean everyone has to like the phone you have, nor does it mean that we should be cut down for our preferences if someone does not like our purchase choice.
    03-01-12 07:37 PM
    I pretty much own one of everything, there is no perfect device -- only what works for you.

03-01-12 07:52 PM
    Good Topic. In my home we have 2 BB phones, 1 BB Playbook, 1 iPad2 and 1 iPhone 4. There really is no need to bash other platforms. People never mention that RIM has a positive Balance Sheet with money in the bank. And you won't see me bashing Apple products on here just like I don't bash RIM on the sister site (iMore).
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-01-12 07:56 PM
    I pretty much own one of everything, there is no perfect device -- only what works for you.

That's a nice collection Bla1ze! But which phone/tablet are your main devices?
    Or don't you have perfect devices?
    03-01-12 07:57 PM
    That's a nice collection Bla1ze! But which phone/tablet are your main devices?
    Or don't you have perfect devices?
    My main use devices: 9900, PlayBook, iPhone 4

The other devices I use daily for various purposes: Xoom, iPad 2, Galaxy Note.
    03-01-12 08:05 PM
    Holy crap Bla1ze, looks like the start of a tech show! Hahaha! Ignore the Bs, celebrate the truth. If every troll that showed up here was happy with their own choices we would never hear from them, ever.
    03-01-12 08:46 PM
    I get a little nervous whenever a thread starts with 'I love my BlackBerry...'. The part that follows the 'but' more often than not gets my blood boiling. But you revived my faith in Crackberry. As I've said in many other threads, I have no problem discussing what people might like about their devices; when presented to elicit positive dialog, it can be a learning experience. I also don't mind the occasional exchanges about what RIM needs to improve upon; we are not blind to the fact that they've had a few missteps the last few years. What we don't need is the in-your-face fanboism and what my dear friend Qubie calls the bombastic hyperbole of 'the usual suspects' (I love that). Not here, please, thank you for your consideration, and please remember to dispose of all food and beverage containers on your way out. So good to know there are still a lot of us who remember what this site is about and long to keep it that way.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 03-01-12 at 09:15 PM.
    VanCity778 and Morty2264 like this.
    03-01-12 09:13 PM
    We have BB, Android, WebOS and iproducts...there are no issues with this in our home. On these forums, however, there are many who feel the need to stir the pot. Just be thankful you have more going on in your life OP. Don't sweat the small stuff.
    Last edited by D_March; 03-01-12 at 09:23 PM.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-01-12 09:19 PM
    LOL, Bla1ze, I believe you have a gadget fetish. We all need help in this regard.

03-01-12 09:51 PM
    NICE Post VanCity......my sentiments exactly....."can't we all just get along"
    Morty2264 and VanCity778 like this.
    03-01-12 10:02 PM
    Thanks OP for finding the words that make sense.
    It rely bothers me how these people are successful in killing any positive buzz around here. Turning positive threads into arguments. I've been warned to keep my comments friendly. I try, but on the nights when I come back from the pub and see one of these trolls is stepping on BB or a CBer its harder to keep it clean
    I'm trying but if I go MIA you can guess what happend
    Last edited by Dapper37; 03-02-12 at 10:08 AM.
    03-02-12 12:12 AM
    Funny, I don't fell this. When I joined crackberry (Sept. 2011) I was astonished by the number of bashing threads and outed haters. I really felt like it was somehow an organized conspiracy.
    Yet, with OS2 released, we sure still have some users wanting "more" or others felling BB does not "fit their needs", but their claims are being more thematic or usage oriented.
    I think this is positive to know what others think and/or have: staying with the sole BB planet in mind was somehow the major fail of RIM for the last 3 years. Maybe it's even the greatest positive aspect (I give this IMHO as an example, not to debate of it : off topic)
    of Android implementation within PB OS2.

So, let it be ... and if it burns your eyes, well ... just jump to the next thread/post
    BearSnout likes this.
    03-02-12 03:36 AM
    Funny, I don't fell this. When I joined crackberry (Sept. 2011) I was astonished by the number of bashing threads and outed haters. I really felt like it was somehow an organized conspiracy.
    Yet, with OS2 released, we sure still have some users wanting "more" or others felling BB does not "fit their needs", but their claims are being more thematic or usage oriented.
    I think this is positive to know what others think and/or have: staying with the sole BB planet in mind was somehow the major fail of RIM for the last 3 years. Maybe it's even the greatest positive aspect (I give this IMHO as an example, not to debate of it : off topic)

So, let it be ... and if it burns your eyes, well ... just jump to the next thread/post
    Absolutely and Vive la France too!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-02-12 03:58 AM
    I don't mind people posting about their findings on using BB phones and find that a useful thing on the whole.what I don't like is product bashing and ranting trying to tell me that I have made a bad decision on my purchase. If I wanted an iPhone or android I would go out and buy one. I don't and I haven't. That doesn't mean that therefore I think iPhone/android are crap and that anyone who buys one is stupid, cousrse not.I never fell compelled to go on other phone sites to let them know how stupid they are for choosing them. Fact is, no phone is perfect so you get the one best suited to you and be happy.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-02-12 04:14 AM
    post deleted - pk
    ^^^ Obviously missing the point here. This is first and foremost a BlackBerry fan site. I don't know about you, but I didn't join up here to see my preferred product getting bashed in thread after thread. There's a select group of members whose sole purpose at times seems to be to throw in our faces how great their devices are and/or how much BlackBerry and RIM suck. And it's not only negatively-themed threads, although there are enough of those as well; they'll come in and inject their vitriol where it is totally unrelated to a thread topic. And there are the doom-and-gloomers who jump on every bit of negative news to throw in yet another 'see, I told you so' (see any number of 'xxx dumping BlackBerry for iPhone' threads in News and Rumors). If that's what I really wanted to read, I'd go to Forbes or Minyanville or BGN. But that's not what I joined CrackBerry for.

You have a problem or an issue with your phone? Post it as such so that another more experienced or knowledgeable member might be able to help solve it. Most members here are more than willing to help if someone is actually asking for help. Title a thread with 'BlackBerry Fails Again', you're not likely to get much sympathy ... but you will stir up a boatload of animosity. Got a piece of news that would be interesting to all, is likely to spur intelligent discussion, and is not kicking the same old dead horse, by all means post it. But if you're going to come in here and just rant about the absolute worthlessness of the entire brand because it doesn't support your favorite app or feature, whether you're a BB user or not , take it somewhere else. Most of us don't want to hear it. We do not need to be enlightened; believe it or not, we are all fully aware of a whole world of other devices out there that are selling many times more than ours. We don't care.

Remember who the audience is. As I've said before, you don't run into a church in the middle of Sunday Catholic mass to extoll the virtues of atheism upon the congregation. It just isn't cool.
    03-02-12 06:15 AM
    ^^^ Obviously missing the point here. This is first and foremost a BlackBerry fan site. I don't know about you, but I didn't join up here to see my preferred product getting bashed in thread after thread. There's a select group of members whose sole purpose at times seems to be to throw in our faces how great their devices are and/or how much BlackBerry and RIM suck. And it's not only negatively-themed threads, although there are enough of those as well; they'll come in and inject their vitriol where it is totally unrelated to a thread topic. And there are the doom-and-gloomers who jump on every bit of negative news to throw in yet another 'see, I told you so' (see any number of 'xxx dumping BlackBerry for iPhone' threads in News and Rumors). If that's what I really wanted to read, I'd go to Forbes or Minyanville or BGN. But that's not what I joined CrackBerry for.

You have a problem or an issue with your phone? Post it as such so that another more experienced or knowledgeable member might be able to help solve it. Most members here are more than willing to help if someone is actually asking for help. Title a thread with 'BlackBerry Fails Again', you're not likely to get much sympathy ... but you will stir up a boatload of animosity. Got a piece of news that would be interesting to all, is likely to spur intelligent discussion, and is not kicking the same old dead horse, by all means post it. But if you're going to come in here and just rant about the absolute worthlessness of the entire brand because it doesn't support your favorite app or feature, whether you're a BB user or not , take it somewhere else. Most of us don't want to hear it. We do not need to be enlightened; believe it or not, we are all fully aware of a whole world of other devices out there that are selling many times more than ours. We don't care.

Remember who the audience is. As I've said before, you don't run into a church in the middle of Sunday Catholic mass to extoll the virtues of atheism upon the congregation. It just isn't cool.

Very well said. The next time I have a problem, I might hire you to be my spokesperson! Lol.
    03-02-12 09:17 AM

+1 to this.

Sent from the best mobile device ever --Samsung Galaxy Note
    03-02-12 09:33 AM

Well said. I don't come on here to read posts,or threads bashing other platforms neither. Nothing wrong with healthy debate this brand vs this brand,but calling someone a Sheep or a Zombie for owning certain products is very Childish. I see it on here all the time. So I guess I'm a Zombie Sheep..
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-02-12 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD