Happened to be looking at screen protectors since I was looking at the Skinomi skins. My mom has a Skinomi skin on her AT&T Passport since there is really no accessories for it and nothing feminine (pink carbon fiber skin)... it came with a screen protector that requires wet application and never used it.

Looking through Amazon, I can purchase just the Skinomi screen protectors with matte finish for different devices, but a little hesitant with the wet application. I always go matte, but just use the dry stick on style ones.

Anyone have experience with the wet application of the Skinomi protectors? How was the installation? What device? What about removal... does it leave streaks or residue if removed?

Only asking as I've never used a protector with a wet application process. Curious to see what you guys think? Sometimes I'll go through a few dry ones before getting it perfect, but from the Skinomi video looks like you can slide it around until it's properly placed.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 08:39 AM
    Sounds interesting.

I usually run the shower for a few minutes to clear the air in the bathroom. Greatly reduces dust in the air and the number of dust specks under the screen protector. Kinda humid application... :-)

So, I'm already near the water, haha...

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 08-18-15 at 06:01 PM.
    08-18-15 12:30 PM
    I just recently installed my first Skinomi protector on my Note Edge. Just follow the manual and maybe watch two or three application videos on YouTube.
    I found my previous dry application protectors were easier in terms of installation.

Some people reported a slight residue effect was still visible on the screen. It was gone after a day. Personally I haven't had this "issue".
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    08-18-15 01:07 PM
    I installed the Skinomi protector on my first Passport purchased from Amazon.

I really struggle with wet screen protector applications and roundly criticized it on Amazon.

However, the installation process worked exactly as their instructions state including initial imperfections disappearing within a few days.

After having tried the DA protectors, I have a new appreciation for the Skinomi protector. It is durable and resists smudges better. It is thicker than the DA protectors which reduces the touch sensitivity, but this is an acceptable trade-off for me. It also covers the full Passport screen unlike the DA product.

For $9.95 from Amazon, I feel it is worth trying.

BlackBerry Passport SE driven by 10.3.2.2339 on T-Mobile
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    08-18-15 03:56 PM
    Thanks for the feedback; really appreciate it! I did watch the video that I was directed to from Skinomi... I think it was one of the LG devices they used and the application looked interesting since I'm so used to trying to align perfectly or throw out and move to the next one. They just slapped it on and you can move it around until you get it perfect.

The self-healing is interesting as well. Has anyone had any issues with anything on the screen after removing the protector? It definitely appears to be a perfect in between from the dry application protectors and the tempered glass ones. I've always used matte protectors and saw a matte Skinomi one on Amazon and remembered their screen protectors are wet application.

May order one of their skins and it comes with a screen protector (clear, I'd assume) and wanted to get some input before attempting applying this. Nice to know that any micro-bubbles actually will come out after a few hours or so as they claim. Hmm...

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:23 PM
    I had absolutely zero residue when I removed the Skinomi protector.

BlackBerry Passport SE driven by 10.3.2.2339 on T-Mobile
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    08-18-15 04:38 PM