This is my first post. I've been apart of the bb family since feb. My first thought was how did I live without a bb. My second thought was how did I live without cb.

My problem in the beginning was rather common, how to free up memory. I found an app" aerize card loader", it allows you to download app's straight to your memory card!!! I have an 8 gig card so at this point memory is clearly not an issue for me. My device memory has gone from 12,xxx,xxx to now an avg 44,xxx,xxx.

I could not move the apps I had on my bb to the card, so I downloaded them again and selected the option to replace them.

This is definately a must have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 03:54 AM
    So you took all the apps off your bb memory and put them on your memory card? Wouldn't there be a lag when your phone has to start or use an app from the card?
    Could you give a little more detail and is there any downsides to doing this (for you, so far)
    Who has some insight into what's possible and what's practical here?

07-07-08 04:22 AM
    I just googled what was posted and came up with this. I really want to know how well this works before I use it.
    Last edited by cap10mark; 07-07-08 at 05:25 AM.
    07-07-08 05:23 AM
    Impressive! Review this for us. Perhaps crackberry admins can get this added to the blog and front page if it is as awesome as it sounds. Even 8330 owner could go app crazy with this app. I use something like this on a palm PDA once and it only took a few seconds or so extra to load the app. I look forward to hearing what you think about this app. I don't have very many apps right now but this definately opens things up to nearly limitless

07-07-08 06:34 AM
    Aerize Card Loader has been extensively reviewed in the forum already. Despite the ad text, it does not allow you to run apps from the microSD card, only install them. Try before you buy, and please read the experiences of previous users before you buy it. Search the forum for Aerize and you'll see.

07-07-08 07:38 AM
    I notice no diffrence in any app that I run from memory card. And there is no noticable diffrence in start up time. If there was a down side I'd share it. None that I have found. Oh, wait! They said it was a 30 day trial, turned out to be 7 day trial. I can live with that.

07-07-08 07:39 AM
    As Jeff said, this app has been around for quite and while and is not all that it is chalked up to be. The app itself allows you to "install apps from your memory card". This does not allow you to run them from the card.

You can store the install files on your media card and install an app when needed. The only hitch... I do not think it saves application data or settings, so once you are done with an app and remove it (or whatnot) then you start from square one again.

And being on Verizon (having 96Mb of device memory) you could potentiall increase your "file free" by following Stoner's guide. 44Mb is not all that great when you start with 96. Some GSM users can get 30Mb free (or more) and we start with 64Mb device memory
    07-07-08 07:42 AM
    Getting beyound tech talk, when I run eoffice I'm constantly saving docs. I play madden 08 all the time, if by chance I stop in the middle of a game it resumes right where I left off, as is the case with everything I've put on my sd card. As far as memory goes I started my quest because I was losing info, because of all the apps I was down laoding, taking pics, videos, etc. I was under 10,xxx,xxx in free file memory. And let me add I keep appt. Forever, and emails are the same. Still keep all of that, made basic changes added the card loader and averaging 44,xxx,xxx.

For the record, was't trying to win a memory contest just sharing my experience and how I solved my memory issue. Pretty certain if it were a concern of mine I could free up more than 44,xxx,xxx but its really not a problem since everything goes to sd card.

To bring this full circle, I don't care if its storing and just transferring as needed, it saves what I need when I need it it appears. What's the problem here?

07-07-08 08:27 AM
    The problem is that you're reporting results that are completely at odds with the experience of numerous others who tried the app when it first came out, several months ago. At that time, the app was advertised as allowing you to run apps from the microSD card. Naturally many people tried it. It turned out that it only allowed you to install apps from the microSD card. To run, they had to be in device memory. And each time you deleted them from device memory and reinstalled them from the microSD card, you were starting over with a fresh install and no memory of previous setting or data. So the app was useful only for apps that you might run infrequently. From your file free, it appears you have a 96MB device. Are you sure the apps are not installed and running in your device memory?

07-07-08 08:58 AM
    Simplest way to see that Jeff is correct, is to remove your sd card and then try running any of the apps you have stored on it. If they run without the card, they are in fact installed to device memory.

07-07-08 09:08 AM
    Good call I'll do that now.

07-07-08 09:16 AM
    I just googled what was posted and came up with this. I really want to know how well this works before I use it.

Good to know the previous information regarding the program. I too read what cap10mark read but I was skeptical. I know on a pc you can get a memory stick and dedicate it to ram but I didn't think this was possible on a BB yet. I wish it was though. All in All, it would be nice to have a place to store themes and apps so they don't use devise memory and slow you down, but as was previously mentioned, it has to be something you don't use often. I will patiently wait until the Bold comes out which has a large enough OS.....for now anyway.
    07-07-08 09:18 AM
    I stand corrected. I pulled my sd card and played a few downs of madden and also created another doc in eoffice. It appears as though the only thing that's on the card is the usual media stuff.

Sorry about. Wasn't tryin to post bad info. Its just that I've learned so much from cb I was just tryin to give something back. Thanks for setting the record straight.

07-07-08 09:35 AM
    Thank you for posting with your experience and sharing!!

Glad that you corrected youself so it would not cause more confusion down the road
    07-07-08 09:38 AM
    Learning and giving back is what we're all about. We've all been wrong before. Thanks for doing the test and getting the right answer in the forum, for the sake of everybody who'll read it later. That's how we all get smarter.

07-07-08 09:59 AM
    I agree with what Jeff is saying. I am going to download a trial and see just what it does and does not do.

I read the pdf file a month or so back and decided that I did not like this app enough to want it. btw. the pdf user guide for Aerize Loader is availabe on the http://aerize.com website.

Today I downloaded the Aerize Explorer in the hope that I would get a Windows style explorer. Boy was I disapointed. I clicked on an mp3 file and got 'net.rim.device.api.system.ApplicationManager Exception Module not found'. Not quite what I was expecting. It did the same thing with a txt file, an avi file and a pic taken on the BlackBerry camera. So far this program has done nothing apart from take up memory. I wrote to their web support address (saying that I was a Crackberry Genius - duh!) and have so far, not received and answer.

Oh yes, I tried to open a zip file and was unable to interrupt the process. I called my phone whilst it was doing this and the phone did not ring. My call went to voicemail. I also found the user interface a bit strange. It kept popping up a little box that said 'FullMenu' that will not go away unless you hit escape - wierd. It calls the Media Card an SDCard - yes, I know it is but the BlackBerry name is Media Card.

So far, I am not impressed.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-07-08 at 12:27 PM.
    07-07-08 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD