Basically my contract is up for renewal and I'm torn between the new 9800 or the iphone 4, I love my bold 9000 that I'm currently using, I'm reluctant to retire it, but I thought its time to get with the new tech....

Soo any help on the good and bad points on both phones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 02:20 PM
    One major point is the keyboard. Only the torch has it.

08-24-10 02:31 PM
    The iPhone has great video capture and tons of silly apps. Downside, you have to have a case on it not to drop calls and there is no physical keyboard.

Blackberry has a better battery life, both touch screen and keyboard, bbm, and better email capabilities. Downside? hmmm. The screen isn't quite the resolution of the iP4's.

Really the best way to decide is to go play with them both and see which one suits your needs best.
    08-24-10 02:40 PM
    Basically my contract is up for renewal and I'm torn between the new 9800 or the iphone 4, I love my bold 9000 that I'm currently using, I'm reluctant to retire it, but I thought its time to get with the new tech....

Soo any help on the good and bad points on both phones

Then don't

I am getting forcibly "upgraded" this week from my 8330 to an 8530 as my work only phone, if you are reluctant to upgrade WAIT, you don't have to renew your contract, save the hardware upgrade for something you love.

Really go out and play with a Torch, Play with an iPhone4, Play with an Android Phone, but if they don't WOW you, wait, remember in 6 months there will be another HOT new phone and it would be great if you didn't lock your self into 2 more years just because the option is there.
    08-24-10 02:47 PM
    I'd say if you love your 9000 wait for the R020 aka 9780!

08-24-10 03:32 PM
    I see what your saying, I suppose I should wait, I've had a play with both, and none of them have the it factor like my 9000 gives me, I know its old now but its been reliable and I love it especially the keyboard, I don't like the new keyboards they have on the 9700 too tacky, had one for about 2 months and went thru 4 keypads the buttons were wearing out and the black colouring was fading, but on my 9000 I'm still on my original keyboard, ok I've had to have the contact bits changed but that's not bad going considering how old it is.

08-24-10 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD