Alright, first of all I am from the Netherlands and i simply can not wait for the playbook, I found this here site that ships to the Netherlands:

Because this is my first post here i cannot post the direct link, but the site is simplyelectronics (dot) net

I would kindly ask the CrackBerry Nation to check this site out briefly and let me know if this is legit or is it a scam? It sure looks legit, the site is not just about the Playbook and all of their links work.

Also are there any drawbacks with using the Playbook outside the US at this moment? for instance will the OS updates not come trough because i am in a different location?

Thanks a lot and I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with my shiny new playbook!
    04-28-11 07:05 AM
    There shouldn't be any downsides to using the Playbook outside the US. You can download the updates and install them over the computer. It's not OTA. The BlackBerry Bridge software can be downloaded without having to go through your carrier as well, just in case they block it like AT&T does.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 04-28-11 at 07:39 AM.
    Tawner likes this.
    04-28-11 07:30 AM
    Caution advised. The company looks flaky, and I have not heard of official PB release to the UK market yet. Most reputable suppliers were only offering pre-order when I looked recently.

Buy Consumer Electronics at Simply Electronics shows the company name as "Simply Electronics Ltd" and UK based with UK phone numbers and prices in UK pounds. A search in the UK companies register shows a dissolved company (company registration number 06351088) ...
    Details

(If that link doesn't work, go to WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information and enter the company name or number as a search.)

That means the company is not allowed to do business, it doesn't exist in law.

[Edit] However a further trawl through the site shows it may now be operated as a Hong Kong company, although looking like a UK operation)
    Tawner likes this.
    04-28-11 07:36 AM
    Yeah, i figured that as well. Going to think about if i need it right away or if i can wait for an official release. Thanks a lot for checking the site out for me though!

Wow, Branta just read your post, that is a big thing, thanks!
    04-28-11 07:37 AM
    Mmm, that tips my uncertainty just enough to think rationally and wait for an official release. Maybe eBay is even safer.
    04-28-11 07:45 AM
    Even if the HK company is legitimate it means you will face customs duty and VAT on the import to NL from outside EC. That is going to hurt the pricing, and it will probably be collected by the courier before delivery.
    04-28-11 07:47 AM
    Yes, that came to my mind as well.
    04-28-11 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD