Sounds like most of us are stuck on their Berry for their electronic fix!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 07:51 PM
    I think you are seeing what you want to see.
    03-24-10 08:41 PM
    I think you are seeing what you want to see.
    Funny... Lol you may be right

03-24-10 08:57 PM
    I still use my pc/Mac for downloading music and surfing the web, I only use my blackberry for the web when I'm not home. Although I check my email always on my blackberry.

03-24-10 09:08 PM
    Much Less, no doubt!!!

BB does so much. Sometimes I like to sit on the couch and eBay or Amazon or surf the web or hit up some sites like this one. I installed an app the other day to make my BB a Scanner and I was listing to the Chi-Town Police talking about a couple bumpin uglies in a car some where.

So yeah, I use my computer less.

03-24-10 09:17 PM
    At night, I often turn to my BB instead of the laptop. Chatting, surfing, listening to music can all be done in the same room as those sleeping, instead of having to stay in the living room with the louder, brighter, lower battery life laptop. I'll also check the forums throughout the day on it, if it's handy. I used to be glued to my notebook... now sometimes I don't touch it all day.
    03-24-10 09:19 PM
    Pfft. Used to use my pc, say, 100% of time. Now that I have my first smartphone, bb tour, I use it about 10% and bb 90% (this is not considering when working. Just leisure. I don't have cell signal in work building).
    Last edited by lcsglvr; 03-24-10 at 09:28 PM.
    03-24-10 09:24 PM
    I still use the PC a lot as I am a web master for a forum, but sometimes it's a day or 2 before I check the email because I see it on my Bold.
    03-24-10 09:49 PM
    i use my berry more for email. but i do use my pc more for youtube videos, shows, games, etc.
    same here.
    03-24-10 11:29 PM
    Def use PC less, but there are some emails that I like to see on the PC screen instead of the native browser. Plus, my kids are always on the computer anyhow, so at least I have my bb to keep updated.

03-24-10 11:42 PM
    My BB is NOT a substitute for a high end computer. It's a convenience--and a nice one at that--but not a substitute. I use my computer th...wait....holy mackeral...the thought just hit me as I was typing this (hope nobody else already said the same thing)....I use my computer MORE since I got my BB, because of all the time I spend here!
    03-24-10 11:45 PM
    Only use my phone if I'm not home. I'm not gonna stare at a small screen when I have a Large computer screen in the next room.

I do use my phone at home to check emails though. So I guess I use my computer less for checking emails now a days.
    03-24-10 11:46 PM
    My primary device for internet is my new Tour, prior to that it was my 8330. As a professional driver, I don't have a lot of space to store electronics, or money to try and keep up with extra equipment to do my job. BlackBerry has been a blessing in many ways, and even when I'm home I use my BlackBerry frequently rather
    than booting up the PC. I can type faster on this keyboard, anyway.

03-24-10 11:58 PM
    I never use my MP3 player at all since I got my BlackBerry. I'll even put the Berry in the charging pod and play music to help fall asleep. I only had 4 GB on the MP3 player, but I have a 16 GB microSD card in the Berry, so I can choose from a lot more songs.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-25-10 12:00 AM
    I never use my MP3 player at all since I got my BlackBerry. I'll even put the Berry in the charging pod and play music to help fall asleep. I only had 4 GB on the MP3 player, but I have a 16 GB microSD card in the Berry, so I can choose from a lot more songs.
    Here is where we finally disagree The one thing I do NOT use my BB for
    is as multimedia player. The sound quality from the BB is abysmal and the
    Media Player is a total train wreck.

I am content with my phone for when I am away from a computer, my netbook
    and laptop (when home) and the 32gb SansaView.
    03-25-10 12:19 AM
    My PC usage has decreased since getting my BlackBerry. I use my BB for listening to music more than I do my PC (gogo Pandora) and I use it quite a bit before bed (reading websites, playing games, etc). Either way, I'm glued to my computer or my BB... most of the time, though, it's both.
    03-25-10 02:41 AM
    I dont think a smartphone was ever made to replace a computer by any means, just supplement email and data needs out of the house.

Saying that though, this is why there is this "black slab" phone craze with the full touchscreen media phones. Personally, I dont need 16 hour a day stimulation from mindless media crap.

When Im out of the house, Im doing things in real life- be it work, errands, REAL social interactions, etc, and not needing to drown myself in youtube and movies and stupid junk like that. When Im at home I have a big screen TV and computers which are much more pleasing media experiences than a 3.5-4 inch low-res screen.

People are becoming to addicted to their devices instead of actually working at work or having real social interactions instead of facebook/IM/etc. Its actually a little sad the way society is starting to turn towards engulfed in internet and mindless drivel of youtube and such.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-25-10 at 03:20 AM.
    03-25-10 03:18 AM
    I dont think a smartphone was ever made to replace a computer by any means, just supplement email and data needs out of the house.

Saying that though, this is why there is this "black slab" phone craze with the full touchscreen media phones. Personally, I dont need 16 hour a day stimulation from mindless media crap.
    I have been preaching this forever. The number of people who consider
    their phone a PC replacement is truly shocking.

Try living in my world and attempt to view and edit a 300+ page municipal
    budget on a smartphone and you'll see how ridiculous this is.

People are becoming to addicted to their devices instead of actually working at work or having real social interactions instead of facebook/IM/etc. Its actually a little sad the way society is starting to turn towards engulfed in internet and mindless drivel of youtube and such.
    Again we agree. I like my real friends more than my virtual ones and given
    the chance to sit down and have lunch with, play golf with, have dinner with
    go dancing with my best friend or simply have a face to face conversation
    I'll take my real friends and family every day of the week.

When I am at work my City and I have an agreement. I give them a full days
    work, they give me a full days pay. Simple equation. I don't spend time
    playing BrickBreaker (I delete that crap first), surf on my phone, BBM people.
    There is a REAL world out there. People need to unplug now and then and rediscover it.
    03-25-10 03:32 AM
    Ever since I did get my BB I do not use my home PC as much as I use to. Well that was expected since I am paying for internet service on the BB. I just pay bills and write and view documents on the PC. The BB takes care of all the emails and simple web browsing such as google search and news, forums, etc...

03-25-10 03:53 AM
    Ooh, my PC use has drastically decreased since I got my first Berry!
    Same here!!!
    03-25-10 03:56 AM
    Ever since I did get my BB I do not use my home PC as much as I use to. Well that was expected since I am paying for internet service on the BB. I just pay bills and write and view documents on the PC. The BB takes care of all the emails and simple web browsing such as google search and news, forums, etc...
    When you get to the point of doing serious (read: REAL) work, let us know how
    the phone is working for you. I am laying odds to seven that you will be
    disappointed with the phone and revert to the REAL computer.

This is not a knock against the BB or any other smartphone. It is simply a
    recognition of all of their limitations.
    03-25-10 04:02 AM
    When you get to the point of doing serious (read: REAL) work, let us know how
    the phone is working for you. I am laying odds to seven that you will be
    disappointed with the phone and revert to the REAL computer.

This is not a knock against the BB or any other smartphone. It is simply a
    recognition of all of their limitations.
    Even a lot of "fun" stuff is better on a PC. I watch movies on the PC all the time (Netflix streaming and DVDs). I only have an old 19" TV that is not widescreen, so I'll watch DVDs on my laptop. Good sound, since I have Boston Acoustics computer speakers. However, I would never bother to watch a movie on my BlackBerry (or any other smartphone). Why would I want to look at such a tiny screen for 2 hours? The whole thread about videos on the BlackBerry puzzles me. I cannot understand why anyone would watch full length movies or TV shows on a phone.
    03-25-10 10:50 AM
    I think there is much to be said about age/experience vs. phone/computer use. I look at what kids are doing today and it blows my mind. The phone is nothing more than an extension of their hand. Heck, lots of 'em don't even use a holster or case or anything, they just carry it around! There was a thread here about how many are using a watch for time or their BB. Surprising to see how many don't use a watch, so I asked about ages. No surprise, but for the most part, younger users were more apt to not use a watch while us "old timers" who grew up with a Timex on our wrist, still have them (well, perhaps not a Timex any longer, but some sort of watch). When I see someone watching a movie on their phone, it does cause me to blink, I can't even fathom such a thing, but they seem happy with it.

Certainly, as age/experience progress, people will soon discover the limitations of the device as it applies to their everyday life (imagine gathering the WHOLE FAMILY around your phone to watch a movie, LOL...No need to say "pass the popcorn, please" as it's only 1/2 inch away from you . Advanced software needs will also drive people more towards computers. I once saw a thread here asking if Photoshop was available for their BB. I freaked...I'm a professional photographer and I can't even begin to fathom how one would use PS on a BB. Heck, I went out and purchased a 30" monitor just to make PS easier!!

Evolution of the times, always fun to watch.
    03-25-10 01:38 PM
    i use my pc a lot more because my blackberry isn't reliable at all. its constantly having screen issues, hard as **** to type on, servers keep going out, etc.. i just don't have luck with blackberries. plus it doesn't take 2 minutes to google something on my pc as opposed to the berry.
    03-25-10 01:47 PM
    In time honored fashion when it comes to the eyes "bigger is better", hands down The Computer!!! running close on the heels the The Blackberry Tour 9630 folks . Each serves their unique purpose yet share a common bond :Email"l
    03-25-10 01:51 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD