Hey guys! hope everyone had a great holiday! I know i sure did!

I was a fan of the iPhone all the way up to the release date, when I realized how stupid it was. Then i got my BB <3.

Anyway.

I loved Apple's idea of a "Visual Voicemail". I saw a demo, and I thought to myself "how is this really visual though?" It wasn't. A friend of mine told me about SimulScribe, which is amazing!

SimulSribe allows you to download an application straight to your phone that lets you view your voicemail messages in text, and hear a sound clip as well. I use this habitually, as I get many "not-that-important" voicemails a day. The best part is, on the menu, it tells you who calls, and you have an option to Call Them Back, Email them, or Text them, or even Forward the Voicemail!

I think the transcription level is amazing. There are rarely any errors, which is pretty amazing when its all done by a computer.

There is a free 30-day trial here, at https://apps.simulscribe.com/signup/r/145184

Has anyone else tried this program? What do you think about it? I love it! It should be pre-shipped with BlackBerries. That'll show those iPhone people.
    Last edited by nextgates; 01-02-08 at 07:53 PM.
    01-02-08 07:33 PM
    Simulscribe services are great, I concur wholeheartedly!
    06-28-08 10:59 PM
    Nice, thanks for the info Next....
    06-28-08 11:03 PM
    That looks really cool. I use YouMail (YouMail - Cell Phone Voice Mail with Personalized Greetings and Online Retrieval) right now and I really like it alot - especially since its FREE! It has a beta version of the transcription service - I don't use it so I'm not sure how accurate it is.

VM isn't important enough to me to pay $9.95 per month to use Simulscribe although I can see how it would be to someone who uses their phone for business.
    06-28-08 11:09 PM
    Thanks for the links.
    06-28-08 11:43 PM
    That looks really cool. I use YouMail (YouMail - Cell Phone Voice Mail with Personalized Greetings and Online Retrieval) right now and I really like it alot - especially since its FREE! It has a beta version of the transcription service - I don't use it so I'm not sure how accurate it is.

VM isn't important enough to me to pay $9.95 per month to use Simulscribe although I can see how it would be to someone who uses their phone for business.
    FREE? Dont know if it's still the same setup. But after you go through the entire process (sign-up and all that) at the end, there was a message that said you'll be charged by your carrier. It was for that reason I left this one alone.
    06-28-08 11:51 PM
    FREE? Dont know if it's still the same setup. But after you go through the entire process (sign-up and all that) at the end, there was a message that said you'll be charged by your carrier. It was for that reason I left this one alone.
    They're just referring to the fact that when you call to pick up your vm it counts as airtime and the texts that they send you to alert you when you have vm count against your plan too.

Their website has this disclaimer on it: Some carriers may apply TXT or call forwarding charges depending on your plan and how you use YouMail. And in the FAQ's it says: Q. Is YouMail really free? Yes. YouMail does not charge for its basic service, nor does it intend to.

Hope this helps!
    06-29-08 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD