My daughter is headed to Australia. She has an ATT phone that is not a Blackberry. I am asking this question here because I feel that there are folks here who may be able to address based on personal experiences.

When she gets there, our initial goal was to have her buy a local sims card and remove her ATT US sims card. Yes her phone is unlocked.

My question is this, can she swap between the two cards while there without issue? ATT service told me no, once their sims card is pulled and the new sims card put in the phone, the ATT card becomes deactivated and she would have to call to re-activate.

Too me, it seems like if the phone is off and the sims is replaced and goes on a local Australian cell plan,how would ATT know?

Not sure if this is true thats why I am looking for anyone with experience in doing something like this here.

Thanks in advance. Thoughts or ideas please?
    11-08-17 03:21 PM
    AT&T is full of crap. You can switch SIM's as you please. They tell you that stuff as a 'just in case scenario'. As long as the account is still active and being paid for, it'll be fine.
    11-08-17 03:35 PM
    Thanks
    11-08-17 03:41 PM
    My daughter is headed to Australia. She has an ATT phone that is not a Blackberry. I am asking this question here because I feel that there are folks here who may be able to address based on personal experiences.

When she gets there, our initial goal was to have her buy a local sims card and remove her ATT US sims card. Yes her phone is unlocked.

My question is this, can she swap between the two cards while there without issue? ATT service told me no, once their sims card is pulled and the new sims card put in the phone, the ATT card becomes deactivated and she would have to call to re-activate.

Too me, it seems like if the phone is off and the sims is replaced and goes on a local Australian cell plan,how would ATT know?

Not sure if this is true thats why I am looking for anyone with experience in doing something like this here.

Thanks in advance. Thoughts or ideas please?
    What options for carriers and plans have you looked at? My daughter is also going for about 5 months.
    11-10-17 05:21 PM
    I had looked at this one: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=G1s5K5Zl , but from what I understand sim cards are sold out of vending machines almost everywhere. Her friends that are there, are telling her that Telstra and Vodaphone are the best coverage carriers. I believe it was those 2.

This site has good info: http://www.movingtoaustralia.com.au/...ies-australia/
    gebco likes this.
    11-10-17 05:34 PM
    Thanks. Very helpful.
    11-10-17 06:20 PM