Ok, so my Mom and I share this plan on Sprint, the 1500 Everything Data Family. I was wondering, can I set up my email with the BlackBerry push email service with my gmail account at no additional cost, or will it cost us more? Thanks in advance for your help.
    02-09-09 05:50 PM
    It won't cost anything to set up GMail.
    02-09-09 05:53 PM
    It won't cost anything to set up GMail.
    Using the little icon with the Message Sign with the gear on it? Sorry, just don't want to lose my Mom's trust with a BB. And you have helped me several times with different things. Is there a way to like, give kudos on here or something?
    02-09-09 05:54 PM
    You can have up to 10 e-mail accounts on your own phone as long as you're on the data plan. No additional cost as Kronk said.
    02-09-09 05:57 PM
    You can have up to 10 e-mail accounts on your own phone as long as you're on the data plan. No additional cost as Kronk said.
    Thank You!
    02-09-09 06:01 PM
    Using the little icon with the Message Sign with the gear on it? Sorry, just don't want to lose my Mom's trust with a BB. And you have helped me several times with different things. Is there a way to like, give kudos on here or something?
    lol, no kudos are necessary, we're all here to help. Like POE said, you pay for the data plan, not for the email accounts. Email generally doesn't use much data anyway. It's things like YouTube videos and downloading music that start really pulling data.
    02-09-09 06:05 PM
    Ok, this might sound really stupid, but when I'm first creating it and it says enter Username and Password, does it mean my gmail one, or like, am I creating a new BlackBerry one, than entering ym Gmail one later. Because it's not recongnizing my Gmail....
    02-09-09 06:12 PM
    Ok, this might sound really stupid, but when I'm first creating it and it says enter Username and Password, does it mean my gmail one, or like, am I creating a new BlackBerry one, than entering ym Gmail one later. Because it's not recongnizing my Gmail....
    The actual Gmail one. I don't know if you're doing this straight from the phone but it would be much better if you created a BIS account if you're not doing it from there.
    02-09-09 06:13 PM
    Here's the link of where to go to set it up if you don't have one.

BIS Sprint
    02-09-09 06:16 PM
    Here's the link of where to go to set it up if you don't have one.

BIS Sprint
    Thanks So much!
    02-09-09 06:20 PM
    02-09-09 06:23 PM
    And one more dumb question, is there any way to get the Gmail logo as the icon instead of the BB Message one with the little BB logo on it? Sorry if this is stupid...
    Last edited by ilovemileyyy; 02-09-09 at 06:32 PM. Reason: offensive words
    02-09-09 06:31 PM
    It depends on what theme you're running...
    02-09-09 06:32 PM
    If it doesn't fix itself than there's not really a way to fix it. My Yahoo! one comes with a logo on it. I don't know about Gmail.
    02-09-09 06:33 PM
    If it doesn't fix itself than there's not really a way to fix it. My Yahoo! one comes with a logo on it. I don't know about Gmail.
    Maybe it will in 20 minutes like when it said I should start recieving email. I only have it really because the Facebook app doesn't have Push capabilitys (that i know of, tell me if im wrong) so I can just check it after I get the email. But yeah, no one cares. Thanks for all your help.
    02-09-09 06:36 PM
    hey fyi no ? is a dumb ? everyone is here to help
    02-09-09 06:48 PM
    Actually the Facebook app does push notifications. It's pretty nice, I think.

As to the GMail inbox icon, thanks to File Manager Pro I've found where the Yahoo inbox icon is stored. I wonder if I put a Gmail icon in there if it would link to the folder. Not that I use the folder... but it would still be nice to know. I'll have to mess around with it.
    02-09-09 07:53 PM
    Actually the Facebook app does push notifications. It's pretty nice, I think.

As to the GMail inbox icon, thanks to File Manager Pro I've found where the Yahoo inbox icon is stored. I wonder if I put a Gmail icon in there if it would link to the folder. Not that I use the folder... but it would still be nice to know. I'll have to mess around with it.
    Haha, yes, it does. But I had to set up my email for it to start working! I never thought of it.
    02-16-09 10:28 PM
    Does the myspace app push? Because I have never gotten alerts for it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 11:06 PM
    Yes, the myspace app is push, as well.
    But you have to have the email accnt you use to log in being assocoated with your BB. If yours dosent then there is something wrong. Oh no!

hehe
    02-18-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD