02-14-12 06:57 PM
33 12
tools
    The first iPhone didn't even work when Jobs tried to connect a call on stage at the AT&T debut, the third model had connection problems, and the current one has screen issues and battery problems. Apple is not infallible and does not get a free ride from the press. RIM's problems are of its own creation and they will not be solved by waiting for someone else to make a mistake.
    Why say something that is so easily verified. It was not an AT&T launch event first of all it was an Apple special event. Secondly, the phone worked perfectly. The first call was to Jonathan Ive, the second was to Phil Schiller (conference in) and the third was to a pizza place. It's right there on YouTube for everyone to watch working perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-14-12 08:55 AM
    They just need a product that can do everything the others can and does so in a better way. Then they have to pound it into peoples heads with commercials every half hour like apple does.
    What you are therefore saying is that RIM just needs more advertsing.
    02-14-12 09:00 AM
    The first iPhone didn't even work when Jobs tried to connect a call on stage at the AT&T debut, the third model had connection problems, and the current one has screen issues and battery problems.
    I am convinced that the hands-on demos made by Steve Jobs during their launch masses were pre-recorded. He could not take the chance to have the browser crash or any app to go slow.
    02-14-12 09:08 AM
    I am convinced that the hands-on demos made by Steve Jobs during their launch masses were pre-recorded. He could not take the chance to have the browser crash or any app to go slow.
    No, it was live. I was there and I've been at other Apple events where things didn't go as well. Remember the "everyone turn your mifi's off and put them under your chair" incident?
    02-14-12 09:14 AM
    What you are therefore saying is that RIM just needs more advertsing.
    If anyone thinks Apple has the marketshare they have now because of just advertising, I have a freecreeditreport.com subscription to sell them.
    02-14-12 09:17 AM
    No, it was live. I was there and I've been at other Apple events where things didn't go as well. Remember the "everyone turn your mifi's off and put them under your chair" incident?
    Does no one recall "Steve Jobs throwing the camera at the hapless employee" episode? By far the most memorable failed demo event.
    02-14-12 10:10 AM
    They just need a product that can do everything the others can and does so in a better way. Then they have to pound it into peoples heads with commercials every half hour like apple does.
    Totally agree with first sentence. Not so with the latter. None of iPhone owners I know are actually influenced by commercials, their friends/families did. However, RIM can use bit of that.
    02-14-12 06:17 PM
    Totally agree with first sentence. Not so with the latter. None of iPhone owners I know are actually influenced by commercials, their friends/families did. However, RIM can use bit of that.
    Me too. Everybody I know that has an iphone got one because of friends or family.
    Rim has way more class than to sit around and plan an up rising spawned by an apple mistake.
    Blackberrys aren't on a bad course at all. I've talked to several people that where 1st time blackberry owners that loves os7. One guy told if he had known blackberrys could do all this he would have jumped on long ago.
    Rim could do better with its advertising.
    02-14-12 06:57 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD