If we have certain apps to BB such as NETFLICKS,SKYPE,EXC....... these BBs phones would go from smartphone to superphones! not having these are deal breakers for alot of people.Im almost one of them not having netflicks by now is pissing me off! and i consider myself to be easy to please.im not into all the hurah about flashing lights,colors and apps that due nothing.If i dont get a fix soon the 9930 may be my last BB,I hope this new CEO guy reads CB because now it is more important than ever to listen the demands of the people.Seems to me that BB is only still alive do the consumption of buisnesses that still support BB.Whats BBM if there No one to BBM. damn sure dont wont to BBM my co-workers allday! Time to step it up for real RIM because when the simple easy to please people such as myself start complaining then we really do have a problem here! LETS GO RIM I STILL BELIEVE AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE IN LINE TO KEEP ME AS A CUSTOMER! THE SIMPLE GUY
    02-06-12 05:53 AM
    i can only say, be patient. BB10 phones wont be out till end of the year. OS 2.0 for playbook will be out soon. that gives RIM half a year to build up their app world before the new phone comes out.

if you're talking about netflix and skype for 9930, i dont really see the point. screen a little on the small side for movies, and lacks front facing camera for any real use of skype.
    02-06-12 06:12 AM
    If we have certain apps to BB such as NETFLICKS,SKYPE,EXC....... these BBs phones would go from smartphone to superphones! not having these are deal breakers for alot of people.Im almost one of them not having netflicks by now is pissing me off! and i consider myself to be easy to please.im not into all the hurah about flashing lights,colors and apps that due nothing.If i dont get a fix soon the 9930 may be my last BB,I hope this new CEO guy reads CB because now it is more important than ever to listen the demands of the people.Seems to me that BB is only still alive do the consumption of buisnesses that still support BB.Whats BBM if there No one to BBM. damn sure dont wont to BBM my co-workers allday! Time to step it up for real RIM because when the simple easy to please people such as myself start complaining then we really do have a problem here! LETS GO RIM I STILL BELIEVE AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE IN LINE TO KEEP ME AS A CUSTOMER! THE SIMPLE GUY
    RIM will keep me as a customer so long as they don't have those non-productive apps such as Netflix, Hulu, etc. BB has always been a superphone, and it will remain so as long as they (RIM) don't turn their devices into idiotic game playing platforms.
    02-06-12 06:19 AM
    RIM will keep me as a customer so long as they don't have those non-productive apps such as Netflix, Hulu, etc. BB has always been a superphone, and it will remain so as long as they (RIM) don't turn their devices into idiotic game playing platforms.
    Netflix and Hulu aren't games; they are video content providers. Smartphone users increasingly expect their devices to give them access to this kind of content, and RIM ignores this at their peril.
    02-06-12 07:39 AM
    If you don't want the apps, here's a Pro Tip: Don't download them. Just because a platform offers a multitude of apps to suit different people's needs, doesn't mean YOU need to install them. I'm sure RIM wouldn't mind losing your business and gaining tens of thousands of others..
    02-06-12 07:45 AM
    Oh, I get it. The LESS your phone does, the MORE you like it. You, my friend, are RIM's target market.
    02-06-12 07:49 AM
    Oh, I get it. The LESS your phone does, the MORE you like it. You, my friend, are RIM's target market.
    Wait for it. Wait..........
    02-06-12 08:49 AM
    Netflix and Hulu aren't games; they are video content providers. Smartphone users increasingly expect their devices to give them access to this kind of content, and RIM ignores this at their peril.
    Yes, and those gigantic screens on the smartphone is just what the doctor ordered when it comes to viewing experience; sorry, game apps, hulu, netflix and the lack of these apps will never be a deal breaker for me when it comes to supporting Black Berry.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-06-12 09:04 AM
    If you don't want the apps, here's a Pro Tip: Don't download them. Just because a platform offers a multitude of apps to suit different people's needs, doesn't mean YOU need to install them. I'm sure RIM wouldn't mind losing your business and gaining tens of thousands of others..
    Sorry pal, but that's not what I was saying. But, seeing as you're a serial stalker of my posts, and just can't help yourself by putting a different spin on the spirit and intent of my posts, I'll not try to explain it to you. Oh, and here's a pro tip for you, stalking and demagoguing my posts and threads is not only creepy, but unwelcome.....
    02-06-12 09:08 AM
    I wouldn't complain if we had Netflix on BB; it'd be nifty while on lunch break to fire up an episode of a show or something, but to a degree I agree that alnamvet68 is accurate. Watching TV shows and movies is technically a non-productive kind of thing, just as games fall under the same category, but as far as my two cents, I'd like to have a few toys to play with when time merits it, but unlike a lot of current smartphones, I don't ever want to see that kind of thing be the primary purpose of my smartphone. "Consumers" ought to know by now; BlackBerrys are not primarily entertainment devices
    02-06-12 09:12 AM
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get a Hulu app for my 9930. Every now and then I like to kill time. But even without that, I still love my 9930.
    02-06-12 09:19 AM
    unless Blackberry's get larger screens, why would anybody wanna watch a long video on their phone??

Even watching a video on an iPhone is uncomfortable after awhile.

Im content with short Youtube clips.

But maybe its just me....
    02-06-12 09:20 AM
    You do realize that you are not required to download all those "non-productive" apps, right? You can live your entire life and their existence on your platform would have no effect on you if you did not want them to...

I honestly dont understand how the availability of the option to get those apps makes you like your phone less.
    02-06-12 10:20 AM
    The problem is that Netflix and Hulu are data intensive. That's fine and dandy if you live in a country that has companies that offer unlimited data plans. I don't so the above applications are of no interest to me.
    02-06-12 12:15 PM
    The problem is that Netflix and Hulu are data intensive. That's fine and dandy if you live in a country that has companies that offer unlimited data plans. I don't so the above applications are of no interest to me.
    Or if you've been with a carrier long enough to be grandfathered into unlimited data.
    02-06-12 12:21 PM
    That would be a good thread for those that have all of the above.

How much data do you use a month streaming everything under the sun? How large is a movie file?
    02-06-12 12:39 PM
    Problem: "Smartphone users increasingly expect"

Assumption: "RIM ignores this"

Reality: there are plenty of iphones and droids if you don't like/aren't satisfied with BB. But, I daresay, they aren't perfect either. And I'm sure, those users have to adapt to whatever shortcomings their device has.

Of course, I wouldn't know. I tried an iphone for like 12 hours and took it back, twice. Couldn't see what all the hype was about. What I DIDN'T do, was go to an apple site and start bashing/complaining about my poor choice of phone in relation to what I wanted to do with it.
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 02-06-12 at 02:57 PM.
    alnamvet68, shemaree09 and TgeekB like this.
    02-06-12 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD