So I have a BB Curve, and I would love to automatically save new contacts to my sim book and have for it automatically open when I open the address book application. I know right now it auto saves to my phone memory for contacts, and if I want to add something to the sim phone book or open it up I have to use the menu key once in address book. So I would love some help in knowing how to auto setup sim phone book and make it my new best friend Also if I have 25 contacts already on my address book and I want to copy them over to my sim phone book I have to do them one at a time right? That is a fault about blackberries as well I think, the ability not to be able to move all contacts over to sim at once, or maybe you can and I just do not know. I would love any suggestions or help on this matter. On a side note, I would love to know what that noise is inside the blackberry when you shake it, maybe its only on the curve, but it sounds like something is loose in the device itself. Everyone shake your phone up and down and listen to it, you will hear it The question is, has anyone figured out what that is? Good evening to all and to all a goodnight
    12-27-07 05:53 PM
    It's a one button solution to copy a number to a SIM card as you already stated, any other method that is gonna be recommended is gonna be a longer process then just pushing one button...and as far as shaking my curve and hearing a sound....I hear nothing other my wrist snapping from the darn shaking..lol
    12-27-07 06:21 PM
    I don't know if that quite answered my question, or at least to my understanding So you can set up the address book to default to sim phone book all the time, or do I always need to go into address book and click sim phone book? What blackberry do you have as well, you have to listen very carefully
    12-27-07 06:36 PM
    The shaking seems to be the trackball... Put your thumb on it while shaking and the noise goes away. As for the sim issue... One at a time is all I've found.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-07 07:08 PM
    There is no way to make the SIM Card phonebook the Default phonebook. As for a "rattle"... I dont hear a thing!
    12-27-07 07:11 PM
    you are right on about the noise! It is the little track ball, once you hold it, then shake the device you do not hear anything, great investigation! I find it so difficult to understand why RIM would not develop the software where you could back up all your address book contacts to your sim card at once, where is the option to even back up one at a time? Then not to be able to use sim phone book as your default phonebook blows my mind too. I am really surprised that RIM has not looked into that issue further, I mean why even have a SIM Phone book when its such a crippled feature on the blackberry?
    12-27-07 11:40 PM
    I think it might be your nitpicking,the blackberry does so many things other smartphones cant do,you shouldnt ***** about something that small,just copy new contacts as you get them and you eliminate doing it in bulk.
    12-28-07 12:39 AM
    rim has a way to back up you phone book. use the DM and back up sync with outlook or whatever you want
    12-28-07 11:11 AM
    I'm a Verizon CDMA Curve user and I don't have a sim therefore sim phonebook is not even available for me. I do think RIM should enable sim phonebook transfer capability on GSM blackberries but for knoe they really don't. I had to manually add all my contacts. Take your phone to the AT&T store and see if they can help you. Otherwise enjoy all the other features and don't rely on the sim for your contacts. I do know that the curve requires an updated sim and that could be the issue if you are trying to import your contacts from an older sim card. Just my input on this matter, good luck
    06-07-08 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD