I'm currently living in the UK looking to buy the Blackberry Curve 8900. I will need to pay around 30.00 for a curve 8900 for all networks if I wanted a good mins & text combination. So I was thinking I buy a sim free Blackberry Curve 8900 handset, could I use it with my current sim card.
    My current sim card is a monthly contract with 600 free mins, 1000 free texts and unlimited internet usage and it costs 20.00 per month.
    If I were to use my current sim card with a new sim free BB Curve 8900 set - would I be able to use ALL the functions on the Curve, i.e. the push email etc?

Thanks
    02-01-09 03:17 PM
    Hi

you are on o2?

I assume you have an o2simplicity sim (?) (1 month rolling ciontract) then you can add a Blackberry Bolt on to it for 10 this will give you all the BB features.

However, if you have had this sim for more than 30 days you could cancel it and get a new one as you can get the Blackberry Bolt on for free with a new simplicity sim.

Hope that helps
    02-01-09 03:28 PM
    Hi

you are on o2?

I assume you have an o2simplicity sim (?) (1 month rolling contract) then you can add a Blackberry Bolt on to it for 10 this will give you all the BB features.

However, if you have had this sim for more than 30 days you could cancel it and get a new one as you can get the Blackberry Bolt on for free with a new simplicity sim.

Hope that helps
    02-01-09 03:29 PM
    Hi

you are on o2?

I assume you have an o2simplicity sim (?) (1 month rolling contract) then you can add a Blackberry Bolt on to it for 10 this will give you all the BB features.

Hope that helps
    Cool, I just checked O2's site and I can't find the BB Bolt on for the simplicity sims? :S Any idea for a link?
    02-01-09 04:29 PM
    I'm currently living in the UK looking to buy the Blackberry Curve 8900. I will need to pay around 30.00 for a curve 8900 for all networks if I wanted a good mins & text combination. So I was thinking I buy a sim free Blackberry Curve 8900 handset, could I use it with my current sim card.
    My current sim card is a monthly contract with 600 free mins, 1000 free texts and unlimited internet usage and it costs 20.00 per month.
    If I were to use my current sim card with a new sim free BB Curve 8900 set - would I be able to use ALL the functions on the Curve, i.e. the push email etc?

Thanks
    In answer to your question,....yes you should have no problem running the 8900 on your sim card. Although you will need to add the blackberry service to your sim card/contract.
    02-01-09 04:32 PM
    Aplogies for the double post above.

To get the Blackberry bolt on you have to select the unlimited internet option then when your sim card arrives phone o2 to get it changed to the Blackberry bolt on.

An odd way of doing things but that's how its done

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 02:43 AM
    he meant Blackberry Bold....not Bolt
    02-02-09 10:43 AM
    No.... He meant Bolt. o2's Blackberry add on is called a 'Blackberry Unlimted Bolt on'.

02-02-09 10:50 AM
    hmmm interesting.....learn something new everyday!
    02-02-09 11:02 AM
    Lol - strange names we use in the UK eh?

02-02-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD