I got a text message from a friend and it did not show his name just his number. I clicked menu and added him back to my contacts and when I went back to check the contacts they were all gone. They were there right before I added the friend back and all were saved to my SIM card. Anybody ever seen this happen before? and if so are the contacts lost forever?

Thanks for help!

Dan
    02-11-10 01:54 PM
    Anybody have a answer?
    02-11-10 08:32 PM
    Blackberries do not save contacts to the SIM card.
    02-11-10 11:19 PM
    It sounds like you may have inadvertently filtered your contacts. In the Address Book, press Menu, select Filter, and uncheck any box that is checked. If no box is checked, something else is causing your problem. A battery pull might fix it in that case. (Filter settings persist thru a battery pull.)
    02-11-10 11:42 PM
    I went to contacts and clicked menu and from the menu clicked SIM Phone book and restored from there. And yes BB's do store contacts on the Sim Card!

Thanks for the help
    02-12-10 06:51 AM
    Only when you transfer them there one at a time.
    02-12-10 07:28 AM
    Exactly.! But to say BBs don't save contacts to Sim Card is wrong because on my Bold it gives me the option

Thanks
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-12-10 07:43 AM
    Exactly.! But to say BBs don't save contacts to Sim Card is wrong because on my Bold it gives me the option

Thanks

Actually, no it's not wrong. It's just incomplete. All BBs have the option to do that if they are SIM equipped, but unless you remember to do it, it won't happen automatically and it most certainly WILL NOT save the same amount of info that the address book saves when the contacts are moved to the SIM card.
    02-12-10 08:41 AM
    If its tmobile & you did a battery pull & hace contacts only + automatically saved to sim sometimes it takes a while to "push" the data to your phone but that's kind of rare

02-12-10 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD