So why do my pictures that are taken with my BlackBerry Z10 and emailed to my PC show up sideways?

Just noticed this and am pretty sure was not the case when I got the device in February.

Is there something I am missing or should change?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 07:59 PM
    Do you have your orientation locked? If so, you will need to edit the pictures before you send them. If orientation lock is off, when you turn the Z to Landscape orientation everything works normally.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:05 PM
    I've noticed the same thing with my Z. At first I thought I may have changed something by accident. But after looking at settings, I realized that something else caused the change.
    09-28-13 08:15 PM
    Do you have your orientation locked? If so, you will need to edit the pictures before you send them. If orientation lock is off, when you turn the Z to Landscape orientation everything works normally.

Posted via CB10
    Hey, thanks for replying...I appreciate the help...where is the orientation settings...do not see it in the camera app setting menu?
    Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:21 PM
    Hey, thanks for replying...I appreciate the help...where is the orientation settings...do not see it in the camera app setting menu?
    Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    Orientation Lock is in the top drop down menu on the home page

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you...tried both locked and unlocked...still emails the image sideways.

I know when sending from my Mac to a PC or vice Vera this was an issue....kinda ticks me off that it is now showing up sideways on my Z...when sent from my Z lol

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:32 PM
    I just noticed this as well after I had transferred a bunch of pics to my pc. Are you running a leak? I've been on 10.2 for awhile now and I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:35 PM
    Hi...no, not now...just Bell approved 10.1.0.1041

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:39 PM
    Just curious, is Orientation Lock and Rotation Lock the same thing on the Z10?
    09-28-13 09:07 PM
    Just curious, is Orientation Lock and Rotation Lock the same thing on the Z10?
    Not knowing...on my Z from the pull down main menu it has "rotation lock" as the first feature of right column...still can't find orientation lock lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 09:10 PM
    Not knowing...on my Z from the pull down main menu it has "rotation lock" as the first feature of right column...still can't find orientation lock lol.
    That was why I asked. It could just be interchangeable terminology but, hey, you never know
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-28-13 09:22 PM
    If I take a picture with my Z10 whilst the phone is vertical (camera lens at the top), I get it sideways when I email it to my PC (top is to the left).
    If I take a picture with my Z10 whilst the phone is horizontal (camera lens on the side/left), it comes upright/correct perspective.
    If I take a picture with my Z10 whilst the phone is horizontal (camera lens on the side/right), it comes upside down.
    It does not seem to matter what rotation lock setting I have, nor whether I'm in 4:3 or 16:9 etc.
    I've always taken pics in 4:3 with the phone horizontal/camera lens to the left. No problems...
    I've seen lots of pics from other platform users sideways and upside down. It's not just you or BB.
    09-28-13 09:43 PM
    If I take a picture with my Z10 whilst the phone is vertical (camera lens at the top), I get it sideways when I email it to my PC (top is to the left).
    If I take a picture with my Z10 whilst the phone is horizontal (camera lens on the side/left), it comes upright/correct perspective.
    If I take a picture with my Z10 whilst the phone is horizontal (camera lens on the side/right), it comes upside down.
    It does not seem to matter what rotation lock setting I have, nor whether I'm in 4:3 or 16:9 etc.
    I've always taken pics in 4:3 with the phone horizontal/camera lens to the left. No problems...
    I've seen lots of pics from other platform users sideways and upside down. It's not just you or BB.
    SUCCESS....haha. Thanks very much. Appreciate your time.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 09:54 PM
    SUCCESS....haha. Thanks very much. Appreciate your time.

Posted via CB10
    No problem, happy to help!
    BTW... love your sig (I'm sick like that too). :>)
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-28-13 10:06 PM