Is there a way to have my phone on silent except for one specific person e.g. my daughter calling me in the middle night, so that her call will wake me up but no one elses
    02-26-11 09:14 AM
    Well I have a different phone then you, but I am able to. I go into Editing the contact and its default on Active Profile, so when I switch it to something else, it will always be that no matter what my profile currently is. However, I see your device model is not the same as mine, so I do not know if it has OS6. But I don't see why they wouldn't have this feature on all BB's. It might just be harder to find yours.
    02-26-11 09:25 AM
    sorry i have a 9630.

Let me rephrase: I want my daughter to be able to ring through when I am on e.g. silent mode but not when I am in e.g. vibrate mode. Is there a way to do that for a specific profile?
    02-26-11 09:35 AM
    Set up a Contact Alert for that contact and in the Contact Alert, set the Volume to something other than "Active Profile".

But this will override ALL the profiles not just a specific one.
    02-26-11 10:06 AM
    +1 for Mama, I have mine setup the same way for business contacts I do not want to miss regardless of the profile selected. Profiles/Set Contact Alerts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 05:23 PM
    so there is no way for me to put my phone on silent at night and still allow my daughter to wake me up in an emergency and no one else BUT if I am in a meeting and have my phone on vibrate to not allow the phone to ring when she calls me about her new shoes that she bought.
    02-26-11 06:35 PM
    The only way that I can see is if you use the "All Alerts Off" when you are in a meeting.

On both the Silent and Vibrate Profiles, the Contact Alert exceptions will ring through.

Try it.

One other thing to try is to set the Contact Alert to "Out of Holser" and use a holster in a meeting. That should stop it too. And then be sure not to have the device in a holster at night.
    Last edited by Motorcycle Mama; 02-26-11 at 06:59 PM.
    02-26-11 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD