I saw this picture on twitter from Phones4U.
    Looks like quite the line up this morning to get the BBZ10.
    Enjoy your phones my British friends!
    Why are they wearing white?
    01-31-13 11:04 AM
    Always nice to see genuine interest and demand for the product.
    Keep it comin'!
    01-31-13 11:10 AM
    Good to see I honestly wasn't expecting this, because really, I don't see the point in waiting in line for something like this. They can still have very strong sales without any lines, BUT they do look good for publicity
    Yes Indeed!
    01-31-13 11:13 AM
    Look at all those losers lining up for the iPhone... Oh wait...
    lol, next Galaxy commercial!
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    01-31-13 11:13 AM
    Are they lining up for the Z10 or is the only store in the UK with a lineup because of the PB give away?
    hmm?
    01-31-13 11:14 AM
    Face it, nobody's going to sign their life away on a contract for a phone they don't want, just to get a playbook. You'd have to be loony to do that, I have a playbook and Yes I do like it, but dollars wise, it just isn't worth it, considering you can pick up the playbook for so cheap.
    01-31-13 11:27 AM
    I think pulling in "pop sensation" Pixie Lott helped draw the crowds in

Pixie Lott to unveil white BlackBerry Z10 from Phones 4u : Tech Digest
    Who?
    01-31-13 11:31 AM
    Google her. She's some young singer from the UK

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 11:33 AM
    Someone find a picture from a P4U branch without a celeb appearance and lots of publicity that the celeb was appearing there.
    01-31-13 11:34 AM
    Someone find a picture from a P4U branch without a celeb appearance and lots of publicity that the celeb was appearing there.
    I think it's called marketing, something many people have criticised blackberry for not being very good at before now.
    01-31-13 11:52 AM
    There were lines for the Storm too LOL. You people spent the 5 years discrediting what long lines meant when Apple released a device but now it's a great thing. Geez, have some intergrity.
    01-31-13 11:57 AM
    get instagram on teh phone that line will multiple easily.
    01-31-13 11:58 AM
    Good to see I honestly wasn't expecting this, because really, I don't see the point in waiting in line for something like this. They can still have very strong sales without any lines, BUT they do look good for publicity
    Truth be told, those lines are most likely there because phones4u were offering a free 64gb playbook for the first 250 customers in line.
    I'd have queued too for a free playbook

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    01-31-13 12:01 PM
    Truth be told, those lines are most likely there because phones4u were offering a free 64gb playbook for the first 250 customers in line.
    I'd have queued too for a free playbook
    I doubt you'd enter into a new phone contract for a phone you're not interested in just for a playbook.
    01-31-13 12:27 PM
    I think it's called marketing, something many people have criticised blackberry for not being very good at before now.
    And it is very good marketing - but if we are trying to determine demand, how can we separate out the celeb impact? Well we do that by looking at stores where there is no appearance from a celeb...
    01-31-13 12:30 PM
    if you sign conntract you get the phone for free.... ya we get screwed in canada... they want you to buy and subsidies it to...canadian carriers are the worst.
    01-31-13 12:35 PM
    if you sign conntract you get the phone for free.... ya we get screwed in canada... they want you to buy and subsidies it to...canadian carriers are the worst.
    I see they want you guys to sign three year contracts, they outlawed those [for mobile contracts] in the UK a couple of years ago.
    01-31-13 12:38 PM
    get instagram on teh phone that line will multiple easily.

Significant  lines reported @phone4U in the UK-facepalm.jpg
    01-31-13 12:41 PM
    Why are they wearing white?
    Yeah! What's with all the fluffy bunny coats?
    Is this all the rage in England now?
    01-31-13 12:47 PM
    Yeah! What's with all the fluffy bunny coats?
    Is this all the rage in England now?
    I think it is because the celeb they were lining up to see was in white (cause of the launch) and told her fans to come out in white.
    01-31-13 01:49 PM
    My wife went into Phones4u in Winchester to check out the Z10. No queues, but the staff were all really excited about having the phone in store. I am told that the phone "is fabulous" and we'll be picking one up on Saturday:-)

The deal was a free PB 64 gig to the first 250 people to sign up to a 2 year contract (�37 per month for unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 1 gb data with the phone for free).

I think the marketing roll out is quite canny on Blackberry's part. They still have a lot of kudos in the UK and it's a relatively small market, so they get a good chance to iron out the inevitable early 'real world' use bugs whilst selling to an interested user base which still has some genuine excitement and respect for the brand. Then on to their home turf with what should be a shaken down system with any unexpected kinks ironed out, giving a big boost to the user numbers and application demand; and finally on to the slough of despond that is the US market for Blackberry phones, by which time seeing all the Brits and Canucks raving about how fab and groovy BB10 is may actually generate some interest in the new phones:-)

Cannot wait to get my hands on the Z10.

All the best

David
    rishio, BigAl_BB9900 and kfh227 like this.
    01-31-13 03:27 PM
    getting mine on Monday. was going to get it today but the car got trashed so i was a little busy, but now looking forward to Monday and my first day with my new
    Zed10
    01-31-13 04:00 PM
    DPSydBerry,

Thanks for the insight!

Can anyone else from the UK provide feedback on sals locations? Curious as to how many people were there looking.
    01-31-13 04:20 PM
48 12