I'm new to the forums, so forgive me for not being up to date. I had a pearl flip until I got my present 8900 bb. I have been on T-mobile with both phones.The flip phone had way better signal in several places than the 8900 does. There are several places I can't talk with this 8900, when I could with the flip. Is it unusual for 1 bb to have a better signal than another bb on the same network? I was wondering if the new clamshell 9670 is getting a better signal than other bbs on Sprint. Thanks in advance,
    11-26-10 08:58 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I have been here a few months so I am also new here but not new to Blackberries.

There are definite differences between Blackberry signal "strengths".
    The internal antenna is mounted in different spots in each phone and that could account for it.
    One issue that I had and a lot of Tour and Bold users have experienced is a sudden dropped signal, that is you can look at the signal bar indicator and it will say 5 bars. While looking at it with no change in your location, the bars drop to zero and you will drop the call.
    My daughter and I bought 2 bolds on the same day and hers has been rock solid since day 1 and mine would drop calls especially when I was driving 2 to 3 times on sections of the road (The Long Island Expressway) where my previous 8130 Pearl never did.
    I had to send the phone back and get a replacement because it got so bad that I was now missing important calls.

I am happy to report that I was lucky enough to get a good replacement and no longer have the signal issue. Others here have posted that they have been through 2 and 3 replacements with no luck.
    So don't panic, just be aware of the sinal issue I described and take what ever action your present carrier will let you do. Mine is Verizon and they are very liberal with replacements.
    Good Luck.
    If you have any other questions ask here or my PIN is in my profile - feel free to use that also.
    11-26-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD