For the first time in forever (No, I'm not singing that song from Frozen) I feel like BlackBerry has let me down. I have been experiencing signal loss / emergency calls only on my Passport and I've also been checking the forums and web in general in order to find a solution to it. But I haven't found anything but disappointment since no one seems to find an answer nor help from BlackBerry.

I didn't change the sim or switched carriers for this to happen, I tried the sim with other devices and it works just fine and tried other sims on the Passport and none work. I've tried a system reload and swiped the device and nothing seems to be working.

So at this point I feel upset and disappointed because I love my Passport so much and I always defend this company so much but I'm about to get a new mobile and I'm not sure I want another BlackBerry that might just fail the way this one did and I won't get any support from RIM or whoever is supposed to provide support.
    11-13-16 02:33 PM
    My Blackberry Passport not working 95% of the time on T-Mobile-I tried everything!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 04:32 PM
    Yes. I had a similar problem last week and I finally moved the simcard to my Passport SE which I was keeping as backup. That works fine.

I haven't tried though a new simcard in the old Passport. It might be a bad contact between the simcard and the passport contacts or something similar.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 05:10 PM
    My dad's ATT passport is the same! It no longer reads Sim cards now which is pretty upsetting.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 05:13 PM
    No mobile company in Costa Rica has BlackBerry for contracts so I figured I might as well take the iPhone and sell it, then use the money to get a the DTEK60 and a Passport
    11-13-16 10:07 PM
    My wife is experiencing the same issue today on her AT&T Passport for the first time. May try loading a different OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 03:08 PM
    Perhaps the problem is related to changes in your carrier's infrastructure. For example T-Mobile is relying heavily on LTE band 12 in many areas and where it is deployed, sometimes other radios are sacrificed to make room. The only BlackBerry devices with band 12 are the Android ones. Because of this I have intermittent signal issues with my Classic. Turning off LTE seems to help, slightly.
    11-14-16 03:46 PM
    I was wondering if it was just me...has been spotty a few times on my Passport SE.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    11-14-16 05:04 PM
    11-15-16 08:20 AM
    I have same issues with Rogers in the past two days. This seems not Passport related.

Posted from my trusted Passport
    11-15-16 11:22 AM
    Other users (myself included) have reported similar issues in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...doors-1090262/

 C L A S S I C
    11-15-16 10:54 PM
    I have same issues with Rogers in the past two days. This seems not Passport related.

Posted from my trusted Passport
    My Passport OG is on Rogers. I took the simcard out and put it in my Passport SE and everything is fine.
    I am not convinced that it is only related to Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 11:30 PM
    Bad SIM slot?

The OG Passport does have a weaker antenna ... weaker than the SE (apparently!) and weaker than most of my and my family's other BlackBerries including Q10, Z30 and Leap.... :-(

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    11-16-16 01:18 AM
    The ATT Passport can't be replaced by ATT as I bought it off of Ebay and BlackBerry told me "You'll have to find someone local to replace the Sim card slot." I'm pretty upset as I got the device for my dad on his birthday and now it doesn't work nor does BlackBerry or ATT want to do anything to fix it. I can't blame ATT as it's BlackBerry's fault and I even offered to pay for the replacement if possible. I'm sorry to all who love BlackBerry but their brand is tarnished.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 04:33 PM
    The ATT Passport can't be replaced by ATT as I bought it off of Ebay and BlackBerry told me "You'll have to find someone local to replace the Sim card slot." I'm pretty upset as I got the device for my dad on his birthday and now it doesn't work nor does BlackBerry or ATT want to do anything to fix it. I can't blame ATT as it's BlackBerry's fault and I even offered to pay for the replacement if possible. I'm sorry to all who love BlackBerry but their brand is tarnished.

Posted via CB10
    Sound like a hardware issue and not what going on for the rest of us. I have two AT&T Passports and had had the "No Service" but it has nothing to do with the Sim slot.

Tarnished Really????
    11-17-16 05:39 PM
    Sound like a hardware issue and not what going on for the rest of us. I have two AT&T Passports and had had the "No Service" but it has nothing to do with the Sim slot.

Tarnished Really????
    My issue is the "Sim not found" which makes me thing it's hardware.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 08:59 PM
    I have an att passport, loaded 10.3.3 when it hit the forum, worked great for 2 weeks, then one day at work, was on lunch break and Web stopped responding, even with 4 bars LTE, so I restarted my passport, and for the most part, been stuck with emergency calls only, even though it show it has an att sim card. Tried reboots, reinstall os, different os, new Sim form att. And no change. The reason I said for the most part, is once in a while, it will connect to LTE, and work fine, but then after 5-10 min, it will drop back to emergency calls only, glad I saved my z10, that's what I'm back to now.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-17 12:24 PM