Not sure if it has something to do with more power available with the backlight off but i do notice that when it is in a low signal area and can say 'searching for network' with an 'X' in the signal meter, if the phone's screen times out and goes off as it does normally, a few seconds after i hit the trackpad to bring the screen up i have 1XEV and three bars, that instantly drop back to X and 'searching for network' which i find odd. during the 'increase' of signal with the screen off i even get alerts but soon as i pull the screen back up the signal goes bye bye again. this only happens in low signal areas but it is odd how it manages to hold signal with the screen off.
    10-01-11 01:00 AM
    in a low signal area and you handling the phone, will decrease the signal. if the phone remains out of hand and sitting on a table without touching it, the signal will get better. just like any RF device, your phone is susceptible to your body interfering with its signal.
    nickdalzell1 likes this.
    10-01-11 01:51 AM
    that is interesting. but it just seemed odd that the signal was fine in the holster but not in my hand. never really noticed it with older cells but of course old cell phones back in the TDMA days had more powerful radios in them.
    10-01-11 02:03 PM
    that is interesting. but it just seemed odd that the signal was fine in the holster but not in my hand. never really noticed it with older cells but of course old cell phones back in the TDMA days had more powerful radios in them.
    your body is electrically charged, the holster isnt. it can either act like an antenna (helping an FM radio station become more clear when you touch the antenna) or can block signal (by holding your cellphone by its antenna).
    10-01-11 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD